Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelSyxx
    Cutler hasn't done anything at the NFL level. Ryan Leaf had all the measureables (better than cutler too) and he couldn't put it together at the next level. Van Pelt has shown steady improvement and he works hard at what he does. I love his attitude, he's a competitor and if you think he will just roll over for Cutler, think again. As much as I like Cutler, I am rooting for Van Pelt, because the guy has that spark that not many people have. He has already said, "Don't bet against me." and I won't. That the spirit you have to love, and his running ability is great as well, he just needs to work on slowing the game down and becoming more accurate, I think he will be with the Broncos for a long time. He may be the next Beuerlein, Garcia, Flutie or Delhomme, who weren't successful until later in their careers. I think he really has something special to offer the Broncos, and I wouldn't count him out just yet. A 7th round pick vs. A first round pick, David vs. Goliath, Top Prospect vs. Virtual Unknown, call it what you want, but there will be a battle. Van Pelt has a chip on his shoulder and trust me, he's looking over it as well.
    If your looking for a competitor that does not want to sit, will use his play book for a pillow, and works his arse off to improve your man is Mr. Cutler. All will see that during the preseason. All will see why Shanny picked that quarterback where he did and why he did.

Someone mentioned Ryan Leif earlier. He was a perfect example of someone who was the 9-5 quarterback. That's why he didn't make it. He didn't want to put in the work.

Cutler worked with a true freshman wide receiver all summer before his senior year. The results SEC "Offensive player of the year", All SEC QB, and the true freshman receiver that wanted to work and learn from Mr Cutler caught 79 balls.

It is not what one does on the field during practice that makes one great. It is the extra time after practice when one stays on the field that true results come into play.

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    If your looking for a competitor that does not want to sit, will use his play book for a pillow, and works his arse off to improve your man is Mr. Cutler. All will see that during the preseason. All will see why Shanny picked that quarterback where he did and why he did.

Someone mentioned Ryan Leif earlier. He was a perfect example of someone who was the 9-5 quarterback. That's why he didn't make it. He didn't want to put in the work.

Cutler worked with a true freshman wide receiver all summer before his senior year. The results SEC "Offensive player of the year", All SEC QB, and the true freshman receiver that wanted to work and learn from Mr Cutler caught 79 balls.

It is not what one does on the field during practice that makes one great. It is the extra time after practice when one stays on the field that true results come into play.

Good post I knew that freshman really came through for the team but was not aware he put in all the time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelSyxx
    Cutler hasn't done anything at the NFL level. Ryan Leaf had all the measureables (better than cutler too) and he couldn't put it together at the next level. Van Pelt has shown steady improvement and he works hard at what he does. I love his attitude, he's a competitor and if you think he will just roll over for Cutler, think again. As much as I like Cutler, I am rooting for Van Pelt, because the guy has that spark that not many people have. He has already said, "Don't bet against me." and I won't. That the spirit you have to love, and his running ability is great as well, he just needs to work on slowing the game down and becoming more accurate, I think he will be with the Broncos for a long time. He may be the next Beuerlein, Garcia, Flutie or Delhomme, who weren't successful until later in their careers. I think he really has something special to offer the Broncos, and I wouldn't count him out just yet. A 7th round pick vs. A first round pick, David vs. Goliath, Top Prospect vs. Virtual Unknown, call it what you want, but there will be a battle. Van Pelt has a chip on his shoulder and trust me, he's looking over it as well.
    I think Leaf and Cutler are similar in measureables accept for mobility. Leaf was never a mobile qb.

Its just rescently that Van Pelts attitude has changend I'm glad it has but in hindsight I think it should have changed two years ago. From what I've heard BVP is competetive which great but also hear the same can be said of Cutler as well. I sure hope that BVP wont just roll over, but I don't expect Culter to either. As far as steady improvement in what way? From what I've seen of BVP he hasn't made strides in leaps and bounds. Also, his preformance in the last game of the year left alot to be desired.

Maybe BVP will be here for a long time to come that remains to be seen. Those qbs listed above all of them bounced around before they became successful qbs. Also the last interview I read that BVP gave, he seemed to of the realization that if he is to become a starting qb it more than likely will be elsewhere.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16