• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broncoman24804
    Practice Squad
    • May 2006

Jay Cutler or Bradlee Van Pelt?

My choice would have to be Jay Cutler because Bradlee Van Pelt is A good backup but Jay Cutler has A great arm and Van Pelt can't throw that far. I think once Cutler gets his chance he'll take it and if Plummer fails Cutler will be the perfect backup to hopefully someday lead us to A superbowl victory.
  • MileHighStud
    Captain
    • Aug 2005

I would have to go with Van Pelt. I liked what I saw against San Diego, Definitely something to work with.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• topscribe
      RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
      • Apr 2005

Welcome to the boards!

Even though the thread doesn't make any sense . . .

-----

Comment

• Orange_Crush21
        Special Teams
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MileHighStud
        I would have to go with Van Pelt. I liked what I saw against San Diego, Definitely something to work with.
        Come on now, Van Pelt made some decent plays in that game, I'll give you that, but did he ever strike you as being an actual NFL QB? He's a terrible passer, a good runner, but a terrible passer. I want a QB who can actually throw the ball, Cutler.

Comment

• MileHighStud
          Captain
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
          Come on now, Van Pelt made some decent plays in that game, I'll give you that, but did he ever strike you as being an actual NFL QB? He's a terrible passer, a good runner, but a terrible passer. I want a QB who can actually throw the ball, Cutler.
          I will be dead honest with you, I said the same thing. I thought to myself man that boy can run, but is having a tough time throwing. I am not one for making excuses....BUT, it was his first multiple snap game and raining. WE ALL KNOW that QB's can have a tough time throwing a wet football. I just didnt think he did bad his first time out. as I had said, "Something to work with." Who says Cutler will do any better??
          SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
            Bench Warmer
            • Apr 2006

I would say Cutler because we drafted in round 1 for a reason and that is to backup this year and start next year or the year after. Plus Jay is a better overall player. I would say Jay Cutler hands down.
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

• Orange_Crush21
              Special Teams
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MileHighStud
              I will be dead honest with you, I said the same thing. I thought to myself man that boy can run, but is having a tough time throwing. I am not one for making excuses....BUT, it was his first multiple snap game and raining. WE ALL KNOW that QB's can have a tough time throwing a wet football. I just didnt think he did bad his first time out. as I had said, "Something to work with." Who says Cutler will do any better??
              I agree with your assesment on throwing a wet football. However, Cutler is a pure QB, Van Pelt is more of an athelete than a QB. That's why Cutler is going to do better. I think Van Pelt could be better utilized if they could get him on the field as a slash type player.....who knows though?

Comment

• TXBRONC
                Captain
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Broncoman24804
                My choice would have to be Jay Cutler because Bradlee Van Pelt is A good backup but Jay Cutler has A great arm and Van Pelt can't throw that far. I think once Cutler gets his chance he'll take it and if Plummer fails Cutler will be the perfect backup to hopefully someday lead us to A superbowl victory.
                I'm sceptical about BVP where do you get the idea that has weak arm? He has good arm strength he's just not very accurate.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Medford Bronco
                  The Pink Panther
                  • Dec 2005

There is no contest in this one. Jay Cutler becaue BVP can even complete the 10 yard outs. Last year I was praying Jake never got hurt as we would have been in big trouble.
                  NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• BF_forever
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Nov 2005

Jay Cutler because BVP can't throw

Comment

• Calif. Bronco
                      Thank You #80
                      • Dec 2004

It depends on what you are talking about. If Jake were to get hurt on opening day, I'm fairly certain we'll see BVP at that point (God help us )

However, if we're talking about the longterm future of this franchise at the QB position there is no doubt its Cutler. We didn't use a first-round pick on him (and trade up for that matter) so he could spend a fruitful 3 years carrying a clipboard!

The bottom line is, like I said in a previous post, if BVP had shown anything to the coaches or given any indication he had what it takes to eventually become a starter in this league we would have went elsewhere on draft day. The fact that we drafted Cutler in essence shows what the coaches think of BVP as a potential starter.

Comment

• Tour
                        Practice Squad
                        • Apr 2006

first time

this is the first time that the choise it's easy. the next QB of the Denver Broncos will be Jay Cutler... lets just say -we just spend too much to get him (and it worth it i believe) to dont give him even a chance if Jake gets injuryed-

Besides all that you all sais before (bigger arm, better accuaracy) and still athletic enough to get a first down in the draw.

Welcome to the boards.

Comment

• Nick
                          <- Ready for the salute
                          • Mar 2006

BVP has been talking about how he is motivated and wants to be a starter in the near future.

He will next year.

maybe even the following.

BUT

In Europe
                          Last edited by Nick; 05-19-2006, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• TDforTatum26
                            Jedi Knight
                            • Jun 2005

No offense. I mean your a newbie and everything and I welcome you! ...but this is a dumb thread. Who would pick BVP(who cant throw worth a damn) over one of the best Qb prospects to come out of the draft?

I'd pick Jay Cutler by the way
                            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Tour
                              this is the first time that the choise it's easy. the next QB of the Denver Broncos will be Jay Cutler... lets just say -we just spend too much to get him (and it worth it i believe) to dont give him even a chance if Jake gets injuryed-

Besides all that you all sais before (bigger arm, better accuaracy) and still athletic enough to get a first down in the draw.

Welcome to the boards.
                              I agree with you on that one.

Welcome to the boards Broncoman24804!
                              Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Working...
                              X