Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    OK hes a good prospect buts he is nothing in the NFL until he proves himself. Who knows maybe pittsburgh will recruit him from his insurance office like they did our last first round QB selection
    Last edited by JWinn; 05-25-2006 at 10:09 PM.

jay cutler cause is arm is a monster.....in my madden i got his creation stats and his arm strength is like 95...he can throw it like 70 yard and i always give to javon

Quote Originally Posted by lynch11
    OK hes a good prospect buts he is nothing in the NFL until he proves himself. Who knows maybe pittsburgh will recruit him from his insurance office like they did our last first round QB selection

you REALLY think BVP has proved himself?

All BVP can do is run...Jay has a cannon arm and is the future.

Heck....if Jay turns out to be a bust I'd still take him over BVP.
    Last edited by JWinn; 05-25-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynch11

Did you read the opening post to this thread? Allow me to recap for you, its about who we would rather have backing up Plummer this year. It has nothing to do whether or not either has proved anything in the NFL.
    Last edited by JWinn; 05-25-2006 at 10:09 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    Did you read the opening post to this thread? Allow me to recap for you, its about who we would rather have backing up Plummer this year. It has nothing to do whether or not either has proved anything in the NFL.

Btw we can do without that first line. Things like that get posters in trouble. I only say as a word of caution.

while I dont agree with how he posted it, he makes a valid point. Cutler has yet to take a snap in an NFL game.....so until I see how they do in preseason I will reserve my judgement. I guess no one remember that BVP is still in the developmental stage ...as is Cutler
    Glen Haven Fire

I'm interested to see how BVP turns out this year. He said he trimmed down on his upper body bulk so he could have much better movement and he is taking football extremely serious.

Do I think he will be the starter here? No. but I do think he can develop into a solid #2 QB that can win some games should the starter fall.

Right now though? I would take BVP for his knowledge of the system over Cutler, at least until Cutler learns the playbook. Then it goes to him.

I guess that I don't see the passing ability in BVP that some of the rest of you do.

I grant you that he can run the ball against a team that has not game planned to stop him. However, the Broncos are not an option team nor is anyone else in the NFL. We have running backs to carry the football. Our QB needs to be able to pass the ball. Against San Diego he barely glanced at receivers before he scrambled. It appeared to me that he had no confidence in being able to hit his receivers.

From his preseason games, I also question his ability to read defenses. It appeared obvious IMO that he couldn't or didn't read but one defender while he was playing at CSU.

I am a Wyoming fan and may have prejudged him. Maybe there is more to him than I am seeing but I don't honestly think so.

Hey for a third string QB he has to be better than Jarius Jackson, you know? Or Kanell. He is a huge upgrade for number 3, and Cutler is a huge upgrade to number 2 and Plummer is a great number 1. I say keep both, all three, whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele
    Hey for a third string QB he has to be better than Jarius Jackson, you know? Or Kanell. He is a huge upgrade for number 3, and Cutler is a huge upgrade to number 2 and Plummer is a great number 1. I say keep both, all three, whatever!
    I want us to keep 3 QB's also...

we might be able to because we dont have to keep Leach anymore...Kuper can long-snap.

As much as I would hate to say it Cutler. I have been a BVP supprter since he was at CSU. I think would do a great job, but if he does get the nod, that means we burned a first round pick on Culter.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    As much as I would hate to say it Cutler. I have been a BVP supprter since he was at CSU. I think would do a great job, but if he does get the nod, that means we burned a first round pick on Culter.
    If Cutler ends up at number three I don't think that means a pick was wasted, because he's not going to start anyway.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoman24804
    My choice would have to be Jay Cutler because Bradlee Van Pelt is A good backup but Jay Cutler has A great arm and Van Pelt can't throw that far. I think once Cutler gets his chance he'll take it and if Plummer fails Cutler will be the perfect backup to hopefully someday lead us to A superbowl victory.
    Is there supposed to be a decision here?

I'll take Cutler over "You mean I actually have to pass the ball?" Van Pelt any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation
    while I dont agree with how he posted it, he makes a valid point. Cutler has yet to take a snap in an NFL game.....so until I see how they do in preseason I will reserve my judgement. I guess no one remember that BVP is still in the developmental stage ...as is Cutler
    Van Pelt is a retard - the NFL version of 'Forrest Gump' - Why do you think Cutler was laughing at BVP, it was not his jokes, he is goofy, and that is natural cause he is about one step away from a YeeHaw reject! The kid is not only weak minded, he also has the overall quarterback skills for the position, he proved that at CSU, he was and has been a project this whole time. He can get as serious as he wants, the only way he starts for a Pro Team is if it is North of the Border...

Cutler is a better prospect then Rothlisberger, has about equal ability passing and a bit more mobility. Van Pelt, really brings nothing besides his legs, that is not near good enough.

Cutler hands down...

And if Jake gets hurt, and Cutler is not ready, they would likely put Rod Smith in at QB, that is why I have a feeling Denver will wait till final cut, but Van Pelt may be on his way out before season's start!
    ...Master Protagonist...

Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    Van Pelt is a retard - the NFL version of 'Forrest Gump' - Why do you think Cutler was laughing at BVP, it was not his jokes, he is goofy, and that is natural cause he is about one step away from a YeeHaw reject! The kid is not only weak minded, he also has the overall quarterback skills for the position, he proved that at CSU, he was and has been a project this whole time. He can get as serious as he wants, the only way he starts for a Pro Team is if it is North of the Border...

Cutler is a better prospect then Rothlisberger, has about equal ability passing and a bit more mobility. Van Pelt, really brings nothing besides his legs, that is not near good enough.

Cutler hands down...

And if Jake gets hurt, and Cutler is not ready, they would likely put Rod Smith in at QB, that is why I have a feeling Denver will wait till final cut, but Van Pelt may be on his way out before season's start!

for some reason i get this feeling that your pissed he got out of ft collins and your still stuck there.....just a possibility
    Glen Haven Fire

Excellent analysis

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub
    Did we watch the same game?

BVP completed 2 passes out of 8 attempts for 8 yards and 0 TDs.

He did rush for 41 yards (10 attempts) but you can hardly call his performance decent.

For most of the game he looked like everything was much too fast for him and he looked confused for most parts. his good scrambling ability saved him from being a complete disaster.
    He played great for a 3rd string running back, not a 2nd string QB.

His head was spinning and all he could think to do was run away. (At least he didn't run the wrong direction.) Seriously, he looked like I did in 4th grade. There was no future for me as a quarterback and there isn't a future for him either.

Cutler has all the tools to be great in this league, but he is unproven right now. Even as an unproven prospect, I'd take him over BVP.