Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    285

    the big problem of have a lot of good players... !?

    In all these positions we have a good player and sometimes a lot of great runner up's:

    QB: We already had plummer but that wasnt enough, so now we got one of the bestest (the best for me) QB in the Draft. AND we already had a good back up in BVP... Lets face it BVP: now youre the 3th QB, so it would be very hard that you hit the field even if jake gets injuryed. And i said it before and im saying it now Jake plummer its the #1 QB in Denver... And the only reason that he may uncomfortable with, its the fact that every time he throw an interseption i'm gonna shout "get Cutler in the field, plummer stinks" hahaha just kiddin... by the way donīt do that. ;P

    RB: y sing mike bell? believe me Dayne, Tatum, Cobbs, just cannot get injuryed at the same freaking time!. So he's now our solid 4th RB .

    WR: Do i need to tell you?... i don think so... just look for information about some player named Ashley Lelie.

    DE: its great have a lot of defenders for that of the fatigue stuff... but 8 runner upīs? just tow players will start at this position.

    LB: Nobody doubts whose the starters at this position... but again 3 starters and 7 runner upīs?. 10 LB

    TE: who's the starting TE this season. that acctualy the name of a thread thats still sticky.

    And that's what i can remember.
    So now we got a lot of questions about the line-up of the broncos:
    when jay cutler will be the starter?
    whose are the starting TE, RB, WR's and DE's i realy dont know?
    ... well acctualy i have a good idea of who will shany start, and how good he manage his players as a matter of a fact i think he's a brilliant HC.

    My point with all is this... its a fact that winning seasons make players grown complacent, and have a lot of good players in the same position. And the sad Lelie's story could repeat 4 times or more next off-season.

    And Shanahan knows it: what do you think you make feel your starters if you get them in and out the field... that they will never stand out!.

    what do you think?
    Last edited by Tour; 05-20-2006 at 08:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    You stalker.
    Posts
    10,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    In all these positions we have a good player and sometimes a lot of great runner up's:

    QB: We already had plummer but that wasnt enough, so now we got one of the bestest (the best for me) QB in the Draft. AND we already had a good back up in BVP... Lets face it BVP: now youre the 3th QB, so it would be very hard that you hit the field even if jake gets injuryed. And i said it before and im saying it now Jake plummer its the #1 QB in Denver... And the only reason that he may uncomfortable with, its the fact that every time he throw an interseption i'm gonna shout "get Cutler in the field, plummer stinks" hahaha just kiddin... by the way donīt do that. ;P

    RB: y sing mike bell? believe me Dayne, Tatum, Cobbs, just cannot get injuryed at the same freaking time!. So he's now our solid 4th RB .

    WR: Do i need to tell you?... i don think so... just look for information about some player named Ashley Lelie.

    DE: its great have a lot of defenders for that of the fatigue stuff... but 8 runner upīs? just tow players will start at this position.

    LB: Nobody doubts whose the starters at this position... but again 3 starters and 7 runner upīs?. 10 LB

    TE: who's the starting TE this season. that acctualy the name of a thread thats still sticky.

    And that's what i can remember.
    So now we got a lot of questions about the line-up of the broncos:
    when jay cutler will be the starter?
    whose are the starting TE, RB, WR's and DE's i realy dont know?
    ... well acctualy i have a good idea of who will shany start, and how good he manage his players as a matter of a fact i think he's a brilliant HC.

    My point with all is this... its a fact that winning seasons make players grown complacent, and have a lot of good players in the same position. And the sad Lelie's story could repeat 4 times or more next off-season.

    And Shanahan knows it: what do you think you make feel your starters if you get them in and out the field... that they will never stand out!.

    what do you think?

    I think Mike Bell is better than Cobbs.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    The thing is your giving our guys too much credit. Your claiming their good when their really unproven.

    BVP- might not be in the league right now If he didnt get drafted to the hometown team.

    M. Bell- Slow 40 time, undrafted, didnt produce huge numbers in college. (Waits for haters)

    WR- Ashley caught 1 TD and got outplayed by a 35 year old man. Now he claims he can be a #1 in this league? Pfffft

    DE- I agree with you, we have a lot of ok players here, no Julius Peppers though.

    LBs- you need Lb's for special teams....

    TE- Alexander and whoever wins between Scheffler/Duke will start, again unproven players.

    We have a lot of players in camp because you never know. Just because someone produced in college doesnt mean they will be a great pro and vice versa. Just wait it out maaaaaaaaan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, MI
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    The thing is your giving our guys too much credit. Your claiming their good when their really unproven.

    BVP- might not be in the league right now If he didnt get drafted to the hometown team.

    M. Bell- Slow 40 time, undrafted, didnt produce huge numbers in college. (Waits for haters)

    WR- Ashley caught 1 TD and got outplayed by a 35 year old man. Now he claims he can be a #1 in this league? Pfffft

    DE- I agree with you, we have a lot of ok players here, no Julius Peppers though.

    LBs- you need Lb's for special teams....

    TE- Alexander and whoever wins between Scheffler/Duke will start, again unproven players.

    We have a lot of players in camp because you never know. Just because someone produced in college doesnt mean they will be a great pro and vice versa. Just wait it out maaaaaaaaan
    I agree with Momentum on most of this.

    BVP is unproven even though he has played 2 years already. If Denver only keeps two QBS like they normally do, then BVP is either on the practice squad or off of the team and I don't know if anyone else would want to pick him up.

    I think Bell has the upper edge here, but I like the potential of Cobbs and so do the coaches. I hope they give him a lot of touches this year and of all the postions that are up for grabs, he could be the one to surprise people and take the starting RB role. On top of that we have Dayne.

    Drafting Marshall and Hixon and trading for Javon means that Lelie really doesn't have much worth to this team anymore. He is expendable and can chose his way out the way he wants it. He can play this year and leave next or just sit out the year.

    I agree with the LB and DE comment.

    The TE is the only one that I kind of disagree with. I think that Wesley Duke will be the starter this year, but they will keep Alexander for leadership, blocking until Duke improves and stability and Scheffler will sit out most of the year. Duke is the better overall TE of the 3 and because he is playing in NFLEL he is getting better, in shape and improving his skills.

    Most of the guys are unproven and we will have to wait until camp to sort out all of these postion battles to see who is the starter.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

    "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

  5. #5
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    The thing is your giving our guys too much credit. Your claiming their good when their really unproven.

    BVP- might not be in the league right now If he didnt get drafted to the hometown team.

    M. Bell- Slow 40 time, undrafted, didnt produce huge numbers in college. (Waits for haters)
    WR- Ashley caught 1 TD and got outplayed by a 35 year old man. Now he claims he can be a #1 in this league? Pfffft

    DE- I agree with you, we have a lot of ok players here, no Julius Peppers though.

    LBs- you need Lb's for special teams....

    TE- Alexander and whoever wins between Scheffler/Duke will start, again unproven players.

    We have a lot of players in camp because you never know. Just because someone produced in college doesnt mean they will be a great pro and vice versa. Just wait it out maaaaaaaaan
    Slow 40? Calling a 4.56 slow? I'm sorry you're wrong. I'd like for you to run behind that piss poor OL at Arizona.

    He didn't go undrafted because he TOLD teams to NOT draft him because he was going to get signed by the Broncos after wards. This kid was going to be a 4th or 5th round pick but he had his heart set on being signed by the Broncos. And he GOT his wish. Please know what your talking about before posting such a foolish crap.

  6. #6
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by TDforTatum26
    I think Mike Bell is better than Cobbs.
    As do I.


    :wave:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by TDforTatum26
    I think Mike Bell is better than Cobbs.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/cedric_cobbs

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/bell_mike

    Cobbs is definitely better, and from what I've heard, Shanny loves this kid.

    By the way, West, Bell ran a 4.63

  8. #8
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/cedric_cobbs

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/bell_mike

    Cobbs is definitely better, and from what I've heard, Shanny loves this kid.

    By the way, West, Bell ran a 4.63
    You have a source and I have nfldraftcountdown.com. Who is right?


    Why are you saying he's better? Neither has done anything to evaluate either one of them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,690
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/cedric_cobbs

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/bell_mike

    Cobbs is definitely better, and from what I've heard, Shanny loves this kid.

    By the way, West, Bell ran a 4.63
    Terrel Davis was never a speedster and look what he did


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    You stalker.
    Posts
    10,987
    Quote Originally Posted by jvw
    Terrel Davis was never a speedster and look what he did
    I was going to post this but I couldnt find TD's 40-time


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by West
    He didn't go undrafted because he TOLD teams to NOT draft him because he was going to get signed by the Broncos after wards. This kid was going to be a 4th or 5th round pick but he had his heart set on being signed by the Broncos. And he GOT his wish. Please know what your talking about before posting such a foolish crap.
    This whole paragraph made no sense. But then again, you never do.

    Mike Bell has ran a 4.6, as a another user posted but your too busy on his jock to see that. Or to see he has proven NOTHING. He hasnt even proven he couldnt be a GOOD Pac 10 runner, offensive line or not. How hard could that be?!

  12. #12
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    This whole paragraph made no sense. But then again, you never do.

    Mike Bell has ran a 4.6, as a another user posted but your too busy on his jock to see that. Or to see he has proven NOTHING. He hasnt even proven he couldnt be a GOOD Pac 10 runner, offensive line or not. How hard could that be?!
    I don't know, spliting time with another back plus a bad offensive line, lets see you do it.

    Too busy on his jock, what?! Where's Manny Lawson?!!! hypocrite.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by West
    Slow 40? Calling a 4.56 slow? I'm sorry you're wrong. I'd like for you to run behind that piss poor OL at Arizona.

    He didn't go undrafted because he TOLD teams to NOT draft him because he was going to get signed by the Broncos after wards. This kid was going to be a 4th or 5th round pick but he had his heart set on being signed by the Broncos. And he GOT his wish. Please know what your talking about before posting such a foolish crap.
    Well, you're right about UA's OL, Westy. And Bell plays faster than his listed 40 time.

    However, Bell wasn't the #1 RB even on the team. Behind that same OL.

    He might surprise us. But if he even sticks, he will probably be forever a backup.

    This is from someone here in Tucson with him, who watched him throughout his college career.

    -----

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    This whole paragraph made no sense. But then again, you never do.

    Mike Bell has ran a 4.6, as a another user posted but your too busy on his jock to see that. Or to see he has proven NOTHING. He hasnt even proven he couldnt be a GOOD Pac 10 runner, offensive line or not. How hard could that be?!
    I waited for a long, long time for you to make a decent, intelligent post, and you finally made one in your first post in this thread. (I was going to give you a CP.) But you turned right around and ruined it here with your personal insult. Westy has been far superior to you as a poster.

    I'm not sold on Bell as a RB for us, unless we are counting on him solely as a backup.

    But your obsession with the 40 time is asinine. Terrell Davis ran about a 4.6.

    -----

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/cedric_cobbs

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/bell_mike

    Cobbs is definitely better, and from what I've heard, Shanny loves this kid.

    By the way, West, Bell ran a 4.63
    Bell ran a 4.56. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco.../mikebell.html

    -----

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •