Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WR heaven

WR heaven

if the broncos wouldnt of traded up to get the 11th overall pick they could of with the 22nd and 29th pick got two of the best receivers in the draft if they wanted both

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbajarred
    if the broncos wouldnt of traded up to get the 11th overall pick they could of with the 22nd and 29th pick got two of the best receivers in the draft if they wanted both
    umm aaaaaaaaaaaa ehhhh I let some one else coment

<- Ready for the salute
    Oh and welcome to the boards

Quote Originally Posted by bubbajarred

It's an already established fact Shanahan was targeting Maroney. Anyway welcome to the MB.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-25-2006 at 10:24 AM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    It's an already established fact Shanahan wasn't targeting Maroney. Anyway welcome to the MB.
    geh i dont see Maroney in that post lol, still, i think the tossup to 2 good rookie Wrs to a future starter (maybe), ill take the starter, its not often you get a player of his ability

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    It's an already established fact Shanahan wasn't targeting Maroney. Anyway welcome to the MB.
    Wait, I thought Shanny was targeting Maroney with the 15th pick?

Cutler + Walker > Holmes + Jackson

Welcome! :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    Cutler + Walker > Holmes + Jackson

Welcome! :wave:
    Cutler next year + Walker if he does not recover fully from knee < Holmes + Jackson

people on this board reallly welcome people who bring a diverse opinion to the board don't they.....

by the way...welcome bubbajared
    [IMG]http://img172.echo.cx/img172/9820/thechampionsigpi6iz.jpg[/IMG]

Made by Snk16

Santonio Holmes might work out to be something, but there's a reason Chad slipped into rd. 2 it's because he is going to be a bust. But on that note I think New England is the best place for him as there offense doesn't call for a standout WR as much as others, so if he is productive in that offense (also with that QB) I won't be too surprised.

Me though I'll take a hurt Walker over any of the WR's available at the pick we gave away, and I'll take a recovering Walker over any WR in this draft.

Reading comments from QB Camp this week, it sounds like we might have drafted a very good WR. According to Champ and company Brandon Marshall is the real deal. In addition we landed a Pro Bowler (Javon Walker), and a possible starting QB (Cutler). I am not sure I would trade all of the above for Holmes and Jackson.....

Quote Originally Posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    Reading comments from QB Camp this week, it sounds like we might have drafted a very good WR. According to Champ and company Brandon Marshall is the real deal. In addition we landed a Pro Bowler (Javon Walker), and a possible starting QB (Cutler). I am not sure I would trade all of the above for Holmes and Jackson.....
    Agreed. I like what we got. Especially the value we got in Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he turns out to what he's being talked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion
    Cutler next year + Walker if he does not recover fully from knee < Holmes + Jackson

people on this board reallly welcome people who bring a diverse opinion to the board don't they.....

by the way...welcome bubbajared
    Rookie WRs very rarely do well there first year and many first round WRs never make it big. I think there is a much better chance Javon returns to form than either of the rooks making a huge difference.

Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion
    We will see... I would prefer to think of it as the receivers we got though compared to the two 'best' in the draft.

For one Walker > Homes + Jackson by himself and I would say from what I've been hearing that Walker + Marshall >>>>>>> Holmes + Jackson.

Walker at half his best will still put up more numbers than both of those two combined this season. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    We will see... I would prefer to think of it as the receivers we got though compared to the two 'best' in the draft.

For one Walker > Homes + Jackson by himself and I would say from what I've been hearing that Walker + Marshall >>>>>>> Holmes + Jackson.

Walker at half his best will still put up more numbers than both of those two combined this season. Just watch.
    I have a tendancy to believe the comparison of marshall to holmes and jackson is wishful thinking. If that was truly the case there is no way we would have waited until the fourth round to draft him and he certainly would not have dropped that far. Now I believe he could turn out to be a good one but let's wait to see how he does on the field. At this point we have no reason to believe he is better than Holmes and Jackson (other than we are a bunch of homers). He was certainly not rated higher than both of them on the Broncos draft boards. He is not as fast as either of them and did not prove it against quality competition.

Let's not throw so many expectations on a fourth round draft pick. the vast majority of fourth round picks don't even last in the league very long much less become premium receivers.

Shanahan was indeed targeting Maroney, so I don't know where that comment came from.