Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: WR heaven

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    WR heaven

    if the broncos wouldnt of traded up to get the 11th overall pick they could of with the 22nd and 29th pick got two of the best receivers in the draft if they wanted both

  2. #2
    Nick is offline
    <- Ready for the salute
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springville, UT
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbajarred
    if the broncos wouldnt of traded up to get the 11th overall pick they could of with the 22nd and 29th pick got two of the best receivers in the draft if they wanted both
    umm aaaaaaaaaaaa ehhhh I let some one else coment

  3. #3
    Nick is offline
    <- Ready for the salute
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springville, UT
    Posts
    3,531
    Oh and welcome to the boards

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbajarred
    if the broncos wouldnt of traded up to get the 11th overall pick they could of with the 22nd and 29th pick got two of the best receivers in the draft if they wanted both

    It's an already established fact Shanahan was targeting Maroney. Anyway welcome to the MB.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-25-2006 at 10:24 AM.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    It's an already established fact Shanahan wasn't targeting Maroney. Anyway welcome to the MB.
    geh i dont see Maroney in that post lol, still, i think the tossup to 2 good rookie Wrs to a future starter (maybe), ill take the starter, its not often you get a player of his ability

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    It's an already established fact Shanahan wasn't targeting Maroney. Anyway welcome to the MB.
    Wait, I thought Shanny was targeting Maroney with the 15th pick?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,936
    Cutler + Walker > Holmes + Jackson


    Welcome! :wave:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    Cutler + Walker > Holmes + Jackson


    Welcome! :wave:
    Cutler next year + Walker if he does not recover fully from knee < Holmes + Jackson

    people on this board reallly welcome people who bring a diverse opinion to the board don't they.....

    by the way...welcome bubbajared
    [IMG]http://img172.echo.cx/img172/9820/thechampionsigpi6iz.jpg[/IMG]

    Made by Snk16

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    THE BO (Boulder) Colorado
    Posts
    821
    Santonio Holmes might work out to be something, but there's a reason Chad slipped into rd. 2 it's because he is going to be a bust. But on that note I think New England is the best place for him as there offense doesn't call for a standout WR as much as others, so if he is productive in that offense (also with that QB) I won't be too surprised.

    Me though I'll take a hurt Walker over any of the WR's available at the pick we gave away, and I'll take a recovering Walker over any WR in this draft.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    930
    Reading comments from QB Camp this week, it sounds like we might have drafted a very good WR. According to Champ and company Brandon Marshall is the real deal. In addition we landed a Pro Bowler (Javon Walker), and a possible starting QB (Cutler). I am not sure I would trade all of the above for Holmes and Jackson.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    Reading comments from QB Camp this week, it sounds like we might have drafted a very good WR. According to Champ and company Brandon Marshall is the real deal. In addition we landed a Pro Bowler (Javon Walker), and a possible starting QB (Cutler). I am not sure I would trade all of the above for Holmes and Jackson.....
    Agreed. I like what we got. Especially the value we got in Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he turns out to what he's being talked up to be.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion
    Cutler next year + Walker if he does not recover fully from knee < Holmes + Jackson

    people on this board reallly welcome people who bring a diverse opinion to the board don't they.....

    by the way...welcome bubbajared
    Rookie WRs very rarely do well there first year and many first round WRs never make it big. I think there is a much better chance Javon returns to form than either of the rooks making a huge difference.

    Just my opinion of course.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion
    Cutler next year + Walker if he does not recover fully from knee < Holmes + Jackson
    We will see... I would prefer to think of it as the receivers we got though compared to the two 'best' in the draft.

    For one Walker > Homes + Jackson by himself and I would say from what I've been hearing that Walker + Marshall >>>>>>> Holmes + Jackson.

    Walker at half his best will still put up more numbers than both of those two combined this season. Just watch.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    We will see... I would prefer to think of it as the receivers we got though compared to the two 'best' in the draft.

    For one Walker > Homes + Jackson by himself and I would say from what I've been hearing that Walker + Marshall >>>>>>> Holmes + Jackson.

    Walker at half his best will still put up more numbers than both of those two combined this season. Just watch.
    I have a tendancy to believe the comparison of marshall to holmes and jackson is wishful thinking. If that was truly the case there is no way we would have waited until the fourth round to draft him and he certainly would not have dropped that far. Now I believe he could turn out to be a good one but let's wait to see how he does on the field. At this point we have no reason to believe he is better than Holmes and Jackson (other than we are a bunch of homers). He was certainly not rated higher than both of them on the Broncos draft boards. He is not as fast as either of them and did not prove it against quality competition.

    Let's not throw so many expectations on a fourth round draft pick. the vast majority of fourth round picks don't even last in the league very long much less become premium receivers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Shanahan was indeed targeting Maroney, so I don't know where that comment came from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •