Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    Yes BVP is mobile but he has to be able move the ball through the air. I like mobility in our qbs but he's has to be able to better than that throwing the pill.
    damn straight!

bvp... well he isnt exactly good... i thanked the big man(JESUS) after every game cos jake didnt go down.. and bvp didnt come in... i mean he runs the ball well... but so does cutler... i mean u have to have a bit of pace to play safety like he did... so do we have too many good players at qb.... no! we now have enough... we have an awsum rookie who is the future.. and a performing and not old veteran... what more can u ask for?.... not a lot more... except elway....

Quote Originally Posted by TDforTatum26
    I think Mike Bell is better than Cobbs.
    oohhh, i disagree, but i hope so.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by West
    As do I.

:wave:

I'd rather have Rashaun Salaam than Cobbs, but hey, you play the hand you're dealt... right?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    I'd rather have Rashaun Salaam than Cobbs, but hey, you play the hand you're dealt... right?
    WOAH That is saying something............tell us what you really think now lol

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    WOAH That is saying something............tell us what you really think now lol
    Sorry... KiJana Carter....

Don't get me wrong, I wish Cobbs all the best, and hope like hell he proves me wrong.

To me he just seems like all hype. At least the other names I mentiond had stats to back up their hype in College, Cobbs doesn't even have that.

Quote Originally Posted by West
    Yea you blew my post WAYYYY out of proportion. I never was discrediting Russ. I simply stated that they're 2 different sources, and believe whoch ever one you wants. Plus I don't know why we're argueing over .07 seconds ANYWAY! But ok.
    My appologies, I didn't mean to over react.

For people who do this, alliances are formed pretty easily. If you've seen Mel Kiper, he's a quality example-when asked he doesn't offer an opinion so much as a declaration. They all do that, but in such a subjective field devoid of quanitfiable evidence, you need to have a bit of an arrogant streak, if you know what I mean.

Again, this is by no means an effort to discount the work done by Scott Wright, during an e-mail correspondance with the staff of nfldraftcountdown.com (during the offseason leading up to the 2005 draft), I successfully lobbied in favor of Tim Bulman (DT from Boston College) and saw him placed near his top 10 shortly afterward (wasn't listed prior). Russ had a different point of view-because of his well developed physique, there was little physical upside and he was closer to average than excellent athletically. My thoughts were that because of his well developed upper body, he would be able to compete initially easier than others at his position. While that may have been true-he got a fair amount of snaps as a rookie-he also went undrafted. Russ proved prophetic on that one.

About the .07 seconds-there's more there than you think. Two examples-Carnell Williams and Brian Calhoun. Both had an uncanny similarity-a lack of long plays as productive collegians. When measured against the film, the combine numbers had meaning. In the case of Williams, his 4.48 long speed indicated he could finish a play when he got behind the defense. With Calhoun, his 4.6 something had teams gunshy and questioning his ability to do that. While both players play fast in a short area on film, the footraces weren't there. That left Calhoun being taken closer to the 2nd day as opposed to closer to the 1st round as initially projected.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/cedric_cobbs

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/bell_mike

Cobbs is definitely better, and from what I've heard, Shanny loves this kid.

By the way, West, Bell ran a 4.63
    Which is faster than Terrell Davis. .................. Bobby Humphrey ran a 4.9