Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Burbank Cali
    Posts
    1,706

    How about Dan Wilkinson?

    I know we all know that we are very thin at the DT possition. And well the Lions just released 6'4" 354 lb Dan Wilkinson! I know he is getting older he is in like his 13th season however i think he would add some very good vetren depth to a possition in great need of some depth! Sign him for 1 or 2 years, he would not cost very much and he could hold us over untill next years draft/FA period where we might make a move. Plus i think he still has a couple decent seasons left in him,espically with our DL rotation shanny likes to run! he would not get played too much which in turn means he would not get worn out! what do ya think!?
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    How about no?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    *sigh* this is getting kind of lame with all the How about crap..........just stop, your only fueling the insanity, people that are whining about it are even doing it, why, we may never know
    Last edited by str8jacket; 05-22-2006 at 09:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    *sigh* this is getting kind of lame with all the How about crap..........just stop, your only fueling the insanity, people that are whining about it are even donig it, why, we may never know
    this one is actually serious though!

    Crap, I can't remember how good this guy is when I played madden with the Lions.

    If he played for a veteran minimum, I wouldn't mind at least trying him out!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    this one is actually serious though!

    Crap, I can't remember how good this guy is when I played madden with the Lions.

    If he played for a veteran minimum, I wouldn't mind at least trying him out!
    lol i dont care if its serious! its gotten to the point where its just ridiculous no matter what! i can take the first one, that was just for a quick laugh, but what the heck? people try to build upon a very unoriginal idea by then and make yet another thread on the same asanine subject, this is enough,
    serious or not, let these threads die and then get to the freaking pre-season already, people are bored and torturing the rest of us

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    lol i dont care if its serious! its gotten to the point where its just ridiculous no matter what! i can take the first one, that was just for a quick laugh, but what the heck? people try to build upon a very unoriginal idea by then and make yet another thread on the same asanine subject, this is enough,
    serious or not, let these threads die and then get to the freaking pre-season already, people are bored and torturing the rest of us
    Yea, the season can't start soon enough.

    TO, please cause some controversy so we can talk about that!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    Yea, the season can't start soon enough.

    TO, please cause some controversy so we can talk about that!
    or even training camp, something to pacify all this stuff...........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    *sigh* this is getting kind of lame with all the How about crap..........just stop, your only fueling the insanity, people that are whining about it are even doing it, why, we may never know
    *sigh* This IS the free agent discussion forum, and since Wilkinson is a free agent it makes sense to discuss the possible addition in an area many of us feel is thin. I think you've missed the point of the "joke" threads and the speculation threads that has seen so much animosity. Peyton Manning, Ed Reed, guys locked up to their teams for now (and the rest of their careers most likely) is speculation. It is hoping these guys will be released or traded when that scenario is very unlikely.

    Discussing a free agent prospect like Wilkinson is what this section is designed to do. We can get a better understanding of his strengths and weaknesses compared to a player like Myers.

    I hope this helps. *Sigh*

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    *sigh* this is getting kind of lame with all the How about crap..........just stop, your only fueling the insanity, people that are whining about it are even doing it, why, we may never know

    Get used to it.............LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was told. And you see how often I post here too. ................. It's the only site other than the Chiefshuddle, which I am now banned for life apparently, that lets me have access at work.

    I've suggested less new threads and more debate with the existing threads. And until that is taken seriously, this site will always have this problem.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    High up in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    414
    A: I like the idea of Dan Wilkinson, if for no other reason than his size, and it adds depth. Plus he would probably be had cheap.

    B: To the person who said they were tired of these threads, try a different section on the board, because like Steele said, this is the draft and FREE AGENT section. Why wouldn't people post something about a player who was just released, and the speculation of whether or not Denver would have any interest.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncsOwnU
    A: I like the idea of Dan Wilkinson, if for no other reason than his size, and it adds depth. Plus he would probably be had cheap.

    B: To the person who said they were tired of these threads, try a different section on the board, because like Steele said, this is the draft and FREE AGENT section. Why wouldn't people post something about a player who was just released, and the speculation of whether or not Denver would have any interest.
    noted that by now, ive had enough of the ideas for right now though, we are stacked at line even with old Browns, if this was posted a week from now i would have not cared but all these have happened in a short time frame, so i have just had enough by now, plus Dan Wilkerson didnt play for the Browns, Therefore we cant get him, its already been a slow offseason for us Free Agency wise so i doubt anything will happen for awhile till we see the people we have in Camp

    and he mustve been released for some reason RIGHT?
    Last edited by str8jacket; 05-23-2006 at 05:44 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    High up in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    noted that by now, ive had enough of the ideas for right now though, we are stacked at line even with old Browns, if this was posted a week from now i would have not cared but all these have happened in a short time frame, so i have just had enough by now, plus Dan Wilkerson didnt play for the Browns, Therefore we cant get him, its already been a slow offseason for us Free Agency wise so i doubt anything will happen for awhile till we see the people we have in Camp

    The thread is timely though because Wilkinson was JUST released this week. We didn't have an opportunity at him before, we do now... That was the point. I'm sorry you've had enough, I'm not trying to force feed you something you didn't want, but on the other hand... You can choose not to read the thread.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncsOwnU
    The thread is timely though because Wilkinson was JUST released this week. We didn't have an opportunity at him before, we do now... That was the point. I'm sorry you've had enough, I'm not trying to force feed you something you didn't want, but on the other hand... You can choose not to read the thread.
    It's kind of like your first bite of cake compared to the last bite after several pieces. At first, it tastes really good. But after three or four slices, you know, the kind with the real sugary frosting, it starts to give you an upset stomach................and , It's not the cakes fault.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater
    I know we all know that we are very thin at the DT possition. And well the Lions just released 6'4" 354 lb Dan Wilkinson! I know he is getting older he is in like his 13th season however i think he would add some very good vetren depth to a possition in great need of some depth! Sign him for 1 or 2 years, he would not cost very much and he could hold us over untill next years draft/FA period where we might make a move. Plus i think he still has a couple decent seasons left in him,espically with our DL rotation shanny likes to run! he would not get played too much which in turn means he would not get worn out! what do ya think!?
    If they could get him real cheap i have no problem with another guy that can take on multiple blockers, im not real high on Myers or Veal being a full time starter next to Warren but they are ok when rotated in for each other, so adding some more veteran depth in there isnt a bad idea at all.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    He's a big body, I'm thinking he's over 310. Maybe way over, I don't know, but he could possible serve a purpose just of his shear size. Like you said, Veal and Myers are not going to the Pro Bowl anytime soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •