• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipes
    <- the man!
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by dogfish
    good list cane, CP to ya. . . . although they've both been a little up-and-down, i think either walker or washington have the talent to be a nice addition to our DT rotation, and walker would certainly give us some interior pass-rushing ability that we sorely lack right now if the coaching staff would let him penetrate and get upfield, at least in obvious passing situations-- i think he would make a nice 3rd down DT at the worst. . . .

i doubt philly would give up moats considering their lack of depth at RB and desire to limit westbrook's touches-- but he would sure be a nice pickup, he's explosive and was supposed to be a good receiver coming out of college, which would bring an added dimension to our backfield. . . .

my dream scenario would be to pry thomas jones away from the bears if they can't settle things with him-- i haven't heard much about that situation lately, but they certainly couls use some depth at WR, and another explosive target for that passing game. . . . i love the way jones has played the past two years-- he's been running hard as hell, the light's finally come on for him and he's playing with a chip on his shoulder. . . i'd love to see him in denver!

I actually liked Jones when he was with Arizona. I think that he would do very well here....even though I am a Tatum Bell apologist.

Comment

• OrangeSince77
      Practice Squad
      • May 2006

Originally posted by dogfish
      that would be a horrible trade! lee suggs isn't worth a hill of beans, the dude can't make it from the bench to the huddle without getting hurt. . . . .

Notice I said it would make sense for Cleveland...and that was pretty funny.

Comment

• atruebroncosfan
        Practice Squad
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by WABronco
        ...just like Green Bay was holding out for a first round pick. They can't be serious in asking for a first round pick. I mean really, think about it.

Now, the RB thing is different. TJ Duckett? Kevan Barlow? Anyone else?
        ur sig about herm is awesome man!

THIS ONE'S.......FOR JOHN!

Comment

• WABronco
          I'M driving the bandwagon
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by atruebroncosfan
          ur sig about herm is awesome man!
          Heh....

Not my creation, but still funny.

Comment

• Dawgfan
            King of the Echo People
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OrangeSince77
            Notice I said it would make sense for Cleveland...and that was pretty funny.
            Are you suggesting Lelie to the Browns for Lee Suggs?

Insanity. Not interested whatsoever. The Browns drafted a wide reciever and signed a vet in case Edwards isn't 100% the Wide Recievers are just fine. The last thing the Browns need is an average reciever with a big head - basically another Quincy Morgan. Lelie has roughly 40 receptions a year. That is average. He has a big head and thinks he is a #1 reciever and he wants #1 reciever money. He isn't going to get it unless someone is extremely desperate. Probably Jacksonville with Jimmy Smith retiring.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• dogfish
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by SM19
              To be fair, Lelie isn't worth anything to us either. He's not going to play, and we might as well resign ourselves to that fact and get what we can for him.

i'd take a 6th round pick over suggs. . . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• Cugel
                Rantosaurus Rex!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                Are you suggesting Lelie to the Browns for Lee Suggs?

Insanity. Not interested whatsoever. The Browns drafted a wide reciever and signed a vet in case Edwards isn't 100% the Wide Recievers are just fine. The last thing the Browns need is an average reciever with a big head - basically another Quincy Morgan. Lelie has roughly 40 receptions a year. That is average. He has a big head and thinks he is a #1 reciever and he wants #1 reciever money. He isn't going to get it unless someone is extremely desperate. Probably Jacksonville with Jimmy Smith retiring.
                I admit that probably no team will give anything for Lelie at this point. But, Lelie has said that he wants the chance to COMPETE for the #1 WR spot. The Browns could give him that.

He also said that he would be willing to sign a one year deal for the veteran minimum with incentive clauses in order to prove himself.

So, realistically, a team would be getting a player who could be valuable and wouldn't cost much -- at least not unless he produced big #s on the field.

Frankly, I think a number of teams would benefit from acquiring Lelie, but I doubt any of them would trade anything for him now. Why not just wait until he's released or becomes a FA after the season?

Unless a team is desparate they aren't going to be calling Lelie's agent, and few teams are that desparate. Lelie certainly isn't going to be replacing Jimmy Smith! That's just silly.
                sigpic

Comment

• Nick
                  <- Ready for the salute
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cugel
                  I admit that probably no team will give anything for Lelie at this point. But, Lelie has said that he wants the chance to COMPETE for the #1 WR spot. The Browns could give him that.

He also said that he would be willing to sign a one year deal for the veteran minimum with incentive clauses in order to prove himself.

So, realistically, a team would be getting a player who could be valuable and wouldn't cost much -- at least not unless he produced big #s on the field.

Frankly, I think a number of teams would benefit from acquiring Lelie, but I doubt any of them would trade anything for him now. Why not just wait until he's released or becomes a FA after the season?

Unless a team is desparate they aren't going to be calling Lelie's agent, and few teams are that desparate. Lelie certainly isn't going to be replacing Jimmy Smith! That's just silly.
                  At this point of time in season there has been several teams interested in Lelie.. I have not heard about him willing to play at a min salary for a year. We are asking a lot for him now.. which some one might bite on when comes pre-season and some one gets hurt or they need more depth.. don't have a #1 etc.

He doesn't want to compete for #1

he wants to be the #1 if he wants to compete he will be at our prev QB camp

Comment

• Dawgfan
                    King of the Echo People
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cugel

Did Braylon Edwards retire or something? Because I sure do think he is still playing football. Plus the Browns just drafted a Wide Reciever and signed Joe Jurevicius. Plus Dennis Northcutt is still a Brown. Next Winslow is finally going to be healthy. Plus the Browns likely will be moving to a two TE set because Heiden is amazing. There is absolutely no need for a reciever that is average that wants superstar $.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Dream
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

The reason Lelie hasn't been traded is because the Broncos have nothing proven behind Rod Smith at receiver, Javon Walker isn't healthy and the Broncos need him to get to the Super Bowl. Period. Lelie could be traded easily, could have been for that third rounder offered in the past draft, but nope. We know that we need him on the team.

Comment

• watchthemiddle
                        Banned User
                        • Mar 2005

Lelie hasn't been traded yet because he has no value.

No teams out there need a #1 WR so desperatly that they need to give up something in return.

Comment

• Nick
                          <- Ready for the salute
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                          Did Braylon Edwards retire or something? Because I sure do think he is still playing football. Plus the Browns just drafted a Wide Reciever and signed Joe Jurevicius. Plus Dennis Northcutt is still a Brown. Next Winslow is finally going to be healthy. Plus the Browns likely will be moving to a two TE set because Heiden is amazing. There is absolutely no need for a reciever that is average that wants superstar $.
                          hmmm winslow healthy ill see it when i see it (j/k)

sooner or later Lelie will realize being a #2 Wr is a lot better then being a WR

Comment

• watchthemiddle
                            Banned User
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dream
                            The reason Lelie hasn't been traded is because the Broncos have nothing proven behind Rod Smith at receiver, Javon Walker isn't healthy and the Broncos need him to get to the Super Bowl. Period. Lelie could be traded easily, could have been for that third rounder offered in the past draft, but nope. We know that we need him on the team.

Your post matches your name. Dream!!

Lelie doesn't want to be back. He wants to be the #1 guy and knows he has no shot at being the #1 guy here in Denver.

Comment

• Dream
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2005

My post is absolutely right. Why else do you think the Broncos would be asking so much for him? Regardless if he wants to come back or not, (which I know he doesn't) the Broncos don't want him to go. He has more leverage than you think, and who are the Broncos going to rely on behind Rod Smith if Lelie doesn't play and Walker isn't healthy? The situation is ticking off the Broncos, and for good reason.

Shanahan wants him back in camp, he doesn't want him gone. He knows that Lelie is needed in a push for the prize. Almost every fan knows that too.

Why do you think the Broncos drafted two wide receivers and have brought guys in? Uncertainty at the position, and if Lelie doesn't play, the Broncos are no better off than they were when he did play, even with the addition of Walker. Sure, we have some rookies, I'm extremely high on one of them, but still - say Walker isn't ready by the time the season begins, Lelie doesn't play, who is going to be our #2?

Darius Watts?

David Terrell?

Please. He hasn't been traded because we still need him. Period.

You know damn well Shanahan doesn't want to field a team with uncertainty at the position, where almost everyone is suspect at best right now. . . but then again, maybe you don't.

Now, if Walker is healthy, (which I doubt he'll be 100% and can play every down this year coming of his injury) I could be wrong, but at this point in time he's not, and the Broncos aren't going to dish Lelie out for nothing when they know they need him, or SOMETHING in return that can help them out like he would.
                              Last edited by Dream; 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• watchthemiddle
                                Banned User
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dream
                                My post is absolutely right. Why else do you think the Broncos would be asking so much for him? Regardless if he wants to come back or not, (which I know he doesn't) the Broncos don't want him to go. He has more leverage than you think, and who are the Broncos going to rely on behind Rod Smith if Lelie doesn't play and Walker isn't healthy? The situation is ticking off the Broncos, and for good reason.

Shanahan wants him back in camp, he doesn't want him gone. He knows that Lelie is needed in a push for the prize. Almost every fan knows that too.

Why do you think the Broncos drafted two wide receivers and have brought guys in? Uncertainty at the position, and if Lelie doesn't play, the Broncos are no better off than they were when he did play, even with the addition of Walker. Sure, we have some rookies, I'm extremely high on one of them, but still - say Walker isn't ready by the time the season begins, Lelie doesn't play, who is going to be our #2?

Darius Watts?

David Terrell?

Please. He hasn't been traded because we still need him. Period.
                                David Terrell, Marshall, and Walker. Remember those three names. OUr WR's of the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X