Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why Lelie hasn't been traded yet

Sorry if this has already been posted. I ran a search and didn't find anything. This is from John Clayton's blog

Mile-high price tag: Why have the Denver Broncos been so slow to move wide receiver Ashley Lelie in a trade? The price. The Broncos want a first-rounder for Lelie or a running back. The teams that are interested in Lelie don't have the type of running backs that interest the Broncos. No one is willing to give up a first-round choice for Lelie.
    It is an insider article, so I thought I would post it for y'all.
    I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

damn imagine getting a first rounder for Lelie

what a steal

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    damn imagine getting a first rounder for Lelie

what a steal

I don't think teams are that stupid out there. Obviously, there aren't teams that feel he is a #1 nor do they need a "#1" WR. ANywhere he goes, he is going to be a #2.

...just like Green Bay was holding out for a first round pick. They can't be serious in asking for a first round pick. I mean really, think about it.

Now, the RB thing is different. TJ Duckett? Kevan Barlow? Anyone else?

If that's the case, then maybe we're going to see a RB in return for Lelie. I'm having a hard time believing the Broncos will land a first rounder..... that's would be highway robbery.

I'm interested as to which RB's the Broncos ae interested in. The teams interested from what I've heard are TB, Philly, Atlanta, Green Bay, and KC (not happening).

No one wants him, he id NOT a starter
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    Oh that's not true. Teams want him.... they just don't to pay a hefty price to acquire him. The Broncos are setting the bar high because they believe they can get a team that needs WR help to fold & pay up (high pick or possible starting RB).

Welcome to the negotiation table.

We will see
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    This is just malarky. He hasn't shown that he can be a number one reciever, but he's had pretty good production as a solid number two reciever in a pretty good passing offense.

To say he is not a starter is to spout baloney.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl
    This is just malarky. He hasn't shown that he can be a number one reciever, but he's had pretty good production as a solid number two reciever in a pretty good passing offense.

To say he is not a starter is to spout baloney.

hell... i would not have a clue as to the exact meaning of the phrase... "spout baloney"... but i agree with Southstander... he aint a starter... he doesnt have the presence of a good number 1... nor does he run routes well enough... he has and always will be a long threat and a deep route runner...

so could we get a first rounder... probably not... cos no one want him that badly... but we have to trade him for something or someone... cos once his contract expires at the end of the year... we wont get anything...

maybe a like a 2nd and a 4th round pick would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by delaranta
    Sorry if this has already been posted. I ran a search and didn't find anything. This is from John Clayton's blog

It is an insider article, so I thought I would post it for y'all.
    I would do backflips off the balcony of a Holiday Inn if some team gave Denver a first round pick for Lelie. Too bad it won't happen.
    Last edited by Orange_Crush21; 05-23-2006 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Crush21
    I would do backflips off the balconey of a Holiday Inn if some team gave Denver a first round pick for Lelie. Too bad it won't happen.
    what would u do if we got a second round pick for him? would u flip off a motel inn?

The problem is value, obviously the coaching staff here knows there is value in Lelie, while other teams may not so much. Denver in whole I believe is waiting to see how Walker is doing, but that might take to long, so I think to save face there will likely be a trade between now and camp.

Denver may use this to fill any void on the roster they have and right now you have to think Denver is interested in either a Defensive Tackle or a Running Back that translates between a 2nd round through 4th round complacement.
    ...Master Protagonist...

Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    what would u do if we got a second round pick for him? would u flip off a motel inn?
    Lol, I don't know. For a second round pick I'd probably do a Superman dive off the roof of an IHOP.