Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    lol, he's got a LOT of BS to spew before he even approaches that level. . .

welcome to the boards!

Maybe if he was the one that got in the accident with Jake and then called the cops it would get him closer to TO.

Have not read all the thread so if this steps on someones toes sorry about that.

ashley has little value to us right now. Will never be a #1 in DEN, always a#2 or maybe a 3. He does not have the strength/balls/desire to get off the line. Not sure which of those are one the money maybe just a combination of the 3.

He is a deep threat as long as the CB is not as fast as he is. It is his speed taht causes the separation. But most of the time our O-line does not allow a QB to dillydally long enough for him to get free.

We either get what we want for him in trade, if he does not report No skin over Mikey's nose cause he does not cost us anything unless he plays.

If he pulls the childish act and sits out he loses money next year big time.

If he comes in and does not perform to Mikey's expectations he is deactivated until he does.

If we can't get what we want for him after all the training camp injuries, think of him as a insurance policy if something does happen to Rod or walker is an instant starter. If he does not worse case we lose him in FA and most likely get a comp pick.

BTW who cares if the media starts something Mikey just cuts them off at press conferences, they will drop the subject like the spud it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    ashley has little value to us right now.
    I stopped reading after this, because if Ashley had little value to us right now, he'd of been traded a long time ago, and the organization wouldn't be asking such a high price in return for him.

If Walker's not ready for the season, who do we have behind Rod? Nobody who has been on the field and proven it here in Denver. Come on, saying Ashley has little value to us is absurd.

Ashley could have already been gone by now, easily. The organization just doesn't want to let him go, just yet. (For obvious reasons stated in other posts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    I stopped reading after this, because if Ashley had little value to us right now, he'd of been traded a long time ago, and the organization wouldn't be asking such a high price in return for him.

If Walker's not ready for the season, who do we have behind Rod? Nobody who has been on the field and proven it here in Denver. Come on, saying Ashley has little value to us is absurd.

Ashley could have already been gone by now, easily. The organization just doesn't want to let him go, just yet. (For obvious reasons stated in other posts.)

don't mind JR-- he's got some sort of a grudge against ashley and tatum bell. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Cool ash

I think Ashley should come to his senses and come to camp to compete they are not going to give Javon the starting role he is going to haft to win it and if Ash does not win it he will still get alot of playing time . It would be a very good receiving crop with ash, rod, and Javon on the feild at the same time in the 3 wide set witch they use alot ,it could
    be ;unstoppable...
    And ash made some game winning catches like in Buffalo last year that was one of the most outstanding catches I've seen since Lynn Swans catches. And we do not need a running back I mean tb we need a big Fullback that can catch and block. We have not had one since Griffith, If they are going to trade Ash we need a FB top notch and a 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. But I really hope he stays and plays we are going to have a hell of a WR corps with that rookie coming on so strong the guy is huge and can run and has quickness. Ash I hope you stay....
    Last edited by amrasmu; 05-27-2006 at 01:07 PM.
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    don't mind JR-- he's got some sort of a grudge against ashley and tatum bell. . . .

No grude at all, just expect more from a top draft choice than others do.

No it look like a grudge and smell like a grudge its a grudge.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    No it look like a grudge and smell like a grudge its a grudge.
    *sniff sniff*

I don't smell anything......

...JR....do you smell anything?

Oh, wait........there it is......

Yep, I smell it now......

....T(ater) and A(shley)
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    *sniff sniff*

I don't smell anything......

...JR....do you smell anything?

Oh, wait........there it is......

Yep, I smell it now......

....T(ater) and A(shley)
    hey, what's wrong with T and A?

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

you have EXTREMELY high expectations of high round picks... more so than anyone *laughs*.... thats no lie.

Also, Ashley should realize that this is probably Rod's last season and that he and Javon would be the future of our receiving corps if he would just shut up and compete. Yes he will probably be the #3 WR this season (if he comes in) but it will just be temporary (probably just this season).

Don't like Plummer or the lack of balls thrown by him to you, Ashley? That's where Jay Cutler (the future) comes in. Also Ashley keep in mind that the #1 receiver only receives slightly more action than the #2 (which you will be), and you are not yet at the level of a #1 WR (my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    you have EXTREMELY high expectations of high round picks... more so than anyone *laughs*.... thats no lie.
    Sad that you don't hold them to higher or equal standards than you do your second round QB.

MY expectations for a first day pick is that they are something more than a bit player that they are full time starters and do more than specialized role of course that is unless they were drafted for being a KR and wound up being a starting CB.

tater and ashey are role players only. They both have potential unfulfilled. Perhaps when they figure it out that talent only gets them to the NFL it takes hard works to become a complete player.

The only thing I have agianst them is they have not taken the next step.
    Do you feel they are complete players?
    Or should have been taken where they were?
    Would you do it again knowing what you know now?

Cuz he sucks.........lol
    [CENTER]HE'S BIGG AND STRONG,HE WILL BE NUMBER 1 IN DENVER,WAIT AND C[/CENTER][CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/TattooedHands/hgfhfghfg.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][CENTER]A.K.A. BABY T.O.[/CENTER] [CENTER]Broncos vs Cowboys,Super Bowl 41,GO BRONCOS WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/CENTER]

Sad that you don't hold them to higher or equal standards than you do your second round QB.

MY expectations for a first day pick is that they are something more than a bit player that they are full time starters and do more than specialized role of course that is unless they were drafted for being a KR and wound up being a starting CB.

tater and ashey are role players only. They both have potential unfulfilled. Perhaps when they figure it out that talent only gets them to the NFL it takes hard works to become a complete player.

The only thing I have agianst them is they have not taken the next step.
    Do you feel they are complete players?
    Or should have been taken where they were?
    Would you do it again knowing what you know now?
    No. Your expectations are MUCH higher than just starters. Lelie was never a role-player, but a full time starter. You never liked him. You expect PRO-BOWLERs... you have said it yourself.

As a matter of faxt Wiz, you have stated that you expect a 1st round pick (Lelie) to perform better than a non-drafted WR (Rod Smith)... simply because he was picked in the first round. You said specifically "Why SHOULDN'T I expect more from Lelie than a non-drafted player?" So don't try to spin it that I have too low standards, when it is you that have too high.

Lets be honest. You DO have, and have always had, a grudge against Tatum and will always have a grudge against Cutler. Tatum was drafted in the 2nd round when you were SO high on Q. You defended Q against any doubters, and wanted him to be the starter for us. When we drafted Tatum, and you saw that he was drafted to take Q's place, you immediately started calling him 'tater' before the first practice started.

Just like now with Cutler. You have spent most of your time on these boards defending Plummer...and when you see someone drafted that is to take his place, you have immediatly began to call him "Cutlet"...another one of your deogatory names. You DO have a grudge against these guys.

just for the record... I think Williams was drafted for more than his KR abilities. He may have moved to the top of the list because he was the best combination of corner and KR.. but when you read his ratings before the draft, it wasn't like he was graded low. So I thin we drafted a corner, with hopes of him filling in two roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    No. Your expectations are MUCH higher than just starters. Lelie was never a role-player, but a full time starter. You never liked him. You expect PRO-BOWLERs... you have said it yourself.

As a matter of faxt Wiz, you have stated that you expect a 1st round pick (Lelie) to perform better than a non-drafted WR (Rod Smith)... simply because he was picked in the first round. You said specifically "Why SHOULDN'T I expect more from Lelie than a non-drafted player?" So don't try to spin it that I have too low standards, when it is you that have too high.

Lets be honest. You DO have, and have always had, a grudge against Tatum and will always have a grudge against Cutler. Tatum was drafted in the 2nd round when you were SO high on Q. You defended Q against any doubters, and wanted him to be the starter for us. When we drafted Tatum, and you saw that he was drafted to take Q's place, you immediately started calling him 'tater' before the first practice started.

Just like now with Cutler. You have spent most of your time on these boards defending Plummer...and when you see someone drafted that is to take his place, you have immediatly began to call him "Cutlet"...another one of your deogatory names. You DO have a grudge against these guys.

just for the record... I think Williams was drafted for more than his KR abilities. He may have moved to the top of the list because he was the best combination of corner and KR.. but when you read his ratings before the draft, it wasn't like he was graded low. So I thin we drafted a corner, with hopes of him filling in two roles.
    YOu have such low expectations

Yes at one time I expected ashley to be a pro bowl players I have since lowered that expection to do something more than catch an occassion long ball.

As far as tater is concerned everyone thought of him as the next CP.

Just as everyone atleast the bashers expect cutler to be the next elway.

same thing tater did not happen so pardon me if I stand up for all teh bashing that is done to Jake, until such time as cultler take the helm Jake is my QB.

I have rather low expectations from Mikeys draft choices

BTW he was drafte soley for KR just happened to be a pleasant surprise.

GO back to draft day 2004 and listen closely to Mikey's press conference.ted the link before,
    GOing out of town so listen and weep.