Results 1 to 15 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    452

    Kyle Turley goin to KC

    I thought this was interesting but thats about all. He's at the tail end of his career and won't make any difference but still.

    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9456737

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    So apparently the TE experiment in Miami didn't work.

    Maybe KC is going to try him at DE. I wouldn't be surprised if they guaranteed him a roster spot.

    See Yuz.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    708
    he used to be a really good linemen, but had a severe back issue and thats why he dropped weight to play TE, cus he has less punishment on the back, but I dont know how much he has recovered from that injury, if he does make the cut and hang around, he'll probably be a blocking TE more than anything
    [SIZE="4"]Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK[/SIZE]
    [URL="http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk"]http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk[/URL]

    I adopt [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Erica Weston[/COLOR]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    As long as Shanahan reminds all of our players to keep an eye out for flying helmets when we play the Chiefs...
    He used to be pretty good o-lineman before his back injury. That helmet thing,if I remember correctly a defender was pulling at Brooks' face mask and Turley was trying to protect his qb.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,078

    true

    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    He used to be pretty good o-lineman before his back injury. That helmet thing,if I remember correctly a defender was pulling at Brooks' face mask and Turley was trying to protect his qb.
    Before that he ws just another lineman - after that every Qb in the league wanted his owner to sign that guy. That's a dude you go to war with right there!!

    Too bad he's going to the Chefs, last thing we need is a division rival improving. And yes I think they improve even if he rides the pine all year. The young guys experiencing his leadership and loyalty will be good for any team.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    This is going to be interesting. He wants to play TE and we are kind of set at TE unless the Chiefs want to carry 4 TE's. He would be a great player to use as a blocker in goalline situations. I kind of wonder how he would do running routes.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    This is going to be interesting. He wants to play TE and we are kind of set at TE unless the Chiefs want to carry 4 TE's. He would be a great player to use as a blocker in goalline situations. I kind of wonder how he would do running routes.
    He was on Jim Rome several months ago. He was saying he weighs something like 230-240 around that area. He will never play again. I like him alot, but it's over...................Hopefully he'll take up a roster spot for the Chiefs that would have gone to an up and coming talent. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    He was on Jim Rome several months ago. He was saying he weighs something like 230-240 around that area. He will never play again. I like him alot, but it's over...................Hopefully he'll take up a roster spot for the Chiefs that would have gone to an up and coming talent. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
    Right now he is in the 260-270 range.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, MI
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    As long as Shanahan reminds all of our players to keep an eye out for flying helmets when we play the Chiefs...
    ...if he ever gets on the field. He does play with emotion though.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

    "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •