Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    first thing about the mannnig's well they had low starting season's but, their teams didnt loose because of thier mistakes, they loose because of the rest of the team.

    Stop talking about Cutler, like if you know as a fact that every single QB, needs a lot of mentoring to step up in a game... or you tell me... who was the QB that mentoring Peyton Manning?, i honestly doesnt know, who could mentoring a QB to be a lot better that himself, becasue you know, Peyton Manning is the best in the league you can say thet because, he holds the record to the best QB rating in a season with 120.

    So that "SYSTEM" you all love to talk about takes 3 or 4 years to learn? BTW lol. (Because... its football you throw the ball to the open reciver. Now you're going to tell me that, everytime Jake didnt throw the ball to Tatum Bell when he was open, it was because complete passes to recivers who do can make yards after the catch, wasnt because he read bad the coverage, it was because that's not how the "system" works). Well i dont know what thy was thinking when they develope a system in wich it's easyer get intercepted that get a FD. whe actually should be the other way round.

    And most of you think that a QB with a mediocre performance could turn the game againts us. (Jay Cutler will not self-distruct under pressure). When we know as a matter of a fact, that's not true, thanks jake.

    I think this coulnt been a better situation for Cutler to step up, for the great defence and the great running game.

    Yeah i agree with you that Plummer had his best season, last season, still for me its quite obviuos, jake will never make us win a SB. He will always mess it up in the last game, i think it was like 8-10 games without an interseption, and then agains Pitt...

    People say jake plummer its a proven QB. thats true for me he already prove what he could proof. and in the other hand i've never saw a more dominant and talented QB in college than Jay Cutler.

    This is the raiting of Jake plummer:
    2003 Denver Broncos 91.2 this was his best season in his career
    2004 Denver Broncos 84.5 this wasnt his best season but he throw for 4089 yds
    2005 Denver Broncos 90.2 this is the season when he went deeper into the playoffs

    i must admit he's been improven... on his 10th year in the NFL!, just dont convence me at all. it looks like plummer have played better a little bit better when he didnt know the damn system.

    I think Denver deserves try out, somethin new and fresh before get more of the same.

    What happend that will jake better than last year?... nothing.

    you open your eyes.

    BTW... of course you're gonna qoute this could you please add. this:
    who got the best:
    Accuaracy:
    Arm straigh:
    Athletisim:
    Read defence:
    team player:
    experience:
    learn retain:
    >greater than
    <less than
    In their most succesfull pro years wich player will have more succes:
    Jake Jay-
    Please go take a look at Cutler's record, then come back, you'll be shocked to find out how piss-poor it was.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by The|Snake#16
    Please go take a look at Cutler's record, then come back, you'll be shocked to find out how piss-poor it was.
    I don't think that Cutler is going to be a bust just because of his team's record in college. It isn't like Vandy is USC here. They rarely have NFL prospects. If your team isn't well rounded then you are going to lose a lot of games...no matter how good of a player you are.

    If I was to rebut this argument I would use Plummers record in Arizona. Team records don't always reflect an individual's playing abilities. See also...Barry Sanders.
    Last edited by LDB; 05-25-2006 at 11:31 AM.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

  3. #33
    Nick is offline
    <- Ready for the salute
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springville, UT
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by The|Snake#16
    Please go take a look at Cutler's record, then come back, you'll be shocked to find out how piss-poor it was.
    ?? you got to be kidding me.. you think they drafted him because of his record? Every time I hear a person say this a comment like this.. it says you have not seen Cutler play.. and not knowledgable of Cutler and are making coments on somthing you are not aware of in other words winging it

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by The|Snake#16
    Please go take a look at Cutler's record, then come back, you'll be shocked to find out how piss-poor it was.
    im sorry, but have you even seen him play? record doesnt tell anything really, Bush isnt measuerd by how many wins USC had, hes measured by the amazing yards he puts up, and yes Cutler did put yards up with a less than stellar team

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    first thing about the mannnig's well they had low starting season's but, their teams didnt loose because of thier mistakes, they loose because of the rest of the team.

    Stop talking about Cutler, like if you know as a fact that every single QB, needs a lot of mentoring to step up in a game... or you tell me... who was the QB that mentoring Peyton Manning?, i honestly doesnt know, who could mentoring a QB to be a lot better that himself, becasue you know, Peyton Manning is the best in the league you can say thet because, he holds the record to the best QB rating in a season with 120.

    So that "SYSTEM" you all love to talk about takes 3 or 4 years to learn? BTW lol. (Because... its football you throw the ball to the open reciver. Now you're going to tell me that, everytime Jake didnt throw the ball to Tatum Bell when he was open, it was because complete passes to recivers who do can make yards after the catch, wasnt because he read bad the coverage, it was because that's not how the "system" works). Well i dont know what thy was thinking when they develope a system in wich it's easyer get intercepted that get a FD. whe actually should be the other way round.

    And most of you think that a QB with a mediocre performance could turn the game againts us. (Jay Cutler will not self-distruct under pressure). When we know as a matter of a fact, that's not true, thanks jake.

    I think this coulnt been a better situation for Cutler to step up, for the great defence and the great running game.

    Yeah i agree with you that Plummer had his best season, last season, still for me its quite obviuos, jake will never make us win a SB. He will always mess it up in the last game, i think it was like 8-10 games without an interseption, and then agains Pitt...

    People say jake plummer its a proven QB. thats true for me he already prove what he could proof. and in the other hand i've never saw a more dominant and talented QB in college than Jay Cutler.

    This is the raiting of Jake plummer:
    2003 Denver Broncos 91.2 this was his best season in his career
    2004 Denver Broncos 84.5 this wasnt his best season but he throw for 4089 yds
    2005 Denver Broncos 90.2 this is the season when he went deeper into the playoffs

    i must admit he's been improven... on his 10th year in the NFL!, just dont convence me at all. it looks like plummer have played better a little bit better when he didnt know the damn system.

    I think Denver deserves try out, somethin new and fresh before get more of the same.

    What happend that will jake better than last year?... nothing.

    you open your eyes.

    BTW... of course you're gonna qoute this could you please add. this:
    who got the best:
    Accuaracy:
    Arm straigh:
    Athletisim:
    Read defence:
    team player:
    experience:
    learn retain:
    >greater than
    <less than
    In their most succesfull pro years wich player will have more succes:
    Jake Jay-
    Manning wasn't expected to have a mentor. He was the overall #1 pick and he was expected to come in and start. He did decent for a rookie, but it was far from a pro-bowl level.

    Cutler was not the #1 pick, and he was never slated to go there either. Just as comparing Cutler to a rookie bust is a guess, comparing him to Manning is an even bigger stretch. Their skills don't even match. Manning is the best pocket passer in the NFL with possibly the best arm. Cutler is a decent scrambler who does good under pressure yet doesn't nearly have the arm Manning does (and probably never will as Manning will probably always be regarded as having one of the best arms).

    On the system: if playing QB was as easy as 'drop back and pass it to the open guy' then there wouldn't be so many busts in the NFL. This isn't street football where the defense counts to 10 Mississippi before going after the QB, especially with our O-line. Jake has but a few seconds to look at his #1 route and then hopefully to his #2 before throwing it away. If he is lucky, he will have enough time to go through all of his recievers, which last season he showed he could do (Baltimore game when he looked at all of his options before deciding Kyle Johnson was the best bet and then threw it for a TD).

    By the way, QBs can throw interceptions and still win. If Jake throws one or two, the rest of the team will try and step up. Both SB QBs threw interceptions in the big game, and Roethlisberger had the lowest QB rating ever and still won. Players will make mistakes in the playoffs because they are playing the BEST teams. Yes, it would have been nice for Jake to muster up a comeback for the win against Pitt. Yet even Elway, Mr. Comeback king, can't make a comeback if the other team gets the lead and continues to score. Thats why it is a team game.

    Say we do put Cutler in. It doesn't look like we are going to have as good of a running game as last year, so a little more will be expected of him. I would rather not take the chance that his confidence gets shattered if we have a losing season.

    Remember, if it aint broke, don't fix it. The AFCCG the whole team lost. Jake had a bad day, the O-line couldn't block (which Jake tremendously adjusted to), the D-line couldn't get a pass rush. Baily got juked and didn't get that interception, Foxworth got burned all day and he also dropped an Int in the endzone. Ferguson let a pass go right through his hands that would have lessened the defecit at the half. Ashley had trouble getting off the line. Rod wasn't able to perform like Rod due to the rest of the team, and the running game had to be stopped due to the defecit.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    this thread doesnt suppose to exist anymore but...
    please, continue feeding it.
    But just for the record Cutler will stand out this season anyways.
    You bet he will! With his shag haircut, spiffy clipboard and lack of a hemet you won't be able to miss him!!!!!
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...otos196ny8.jpg
    Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

    Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    I don't think that Cutler is going to be a bust just because of his team's record in college. It isn't like Vandy is USC here. They rarely have NFL prospects. If your team isn't well rounded then you are going to lose a lot of games...no matter how good of a player you are.

    If I was to rebut this argument I would use Plummers record in Arizona. Team records don't always reflect an individual's playing abilities. See also...Barry Sanders.

    I'm saying Plummer has proven much more than some green-horn rookie, he bashed Plummer, I pointed out something very concerning about Cutler. I think you have to have some concern with his record, he has the tools, sure, but it's definently something to think about(not that it should be the main measuring stick, but you can't totally ignore it).

    For the record yes i've seen him play, and no beating Tennessee last year wasn't anything to get excited about, they weren't their normal elite selves.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    im sorry, but have you even seen him play? record doesnt tell anything really, Bush isnt measuerd by how many wins USC had, hes measured by the amazing yards he puts up, and yes Cutler did put yards up with a less than stellar team
    Against less than stellar competition. The only impressing game was against florida, but he did throw 2 ints. '04 was even worse, losing to teams such as Navy, Mississippi, Rutgers, Kentucky. The only 2 wins being Mississippi St. and Eastern Kentucky, two powerhouses.

    It's not as though he had the toughest competition, sure he had to play against Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee, but even when facing the weak guys he couldn't win it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    285

    i must insist

    i've saw jay cutler play and obviously plummer, i like more cutler. And i know it's hard to get him on the game this season.

    BTW today Shany back me up a little bit, he said that strong defence and great running game help's a lot a QB and we got both (i told you), add to that he said that a playbook hard to learn doesnt make it succesfull, in other word's: we got a lot of rookies and if the system its too complicated we can make it simpler and still succesfull.

    And thats what happen with Peyton in his rookie year. If you dont think that, James helped a lot to Manning's career, please dont qoute this.

    I will enjoy watch the upcoming season, we may see 5 dominant recivers on the field and this time when or offence its on the field. We should be able to make some damage on the air... but if we dont, i will kill plummer with my bare hands.

    and i want to apologize to all the fans by calling jake plummer mediocre. not with jake with the fans, because once his on the field we got nothing but trust him.

    and know that i had time to think about it, its better to the image of cutler just heat the bench this year.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    Admit it, everyone saw it come. and today.

    I declare fundated the "Start Jay Cutler This Year Coalition".

    I know that almost all of you think that it will be better to wait 1 year. But i think that the next year Cutler will not be more ready than he's right now. Peyton Manning Start on his first year, Eli Mannig too... Ben Roethlisberger. And one thing we saw from Cutler in college its that he doesnt break with the presure.

    Once you get to know the play-book its all about you, its all up to you. If Cutler does not play he just gonna be one year older, not one year wiser. If he does play, he will have one year NFL exp.

    Keep on mind this, its not all about the QB(at least in denver it doesnt) we got a good running game we can perfectly play establishing the run. and let Cutler grown through the season.

    Plummer should have keep the drives alives in the AFC championship game, im sorry.

    I say let Cutler start this year and keep faith on him... Shany can coach him.

    And theres a million of reasons more lets began the discution...
    and there is a million reasons they shouldnt start him.. you saying you want to start jay cutler this year is CRAP! jake plummer had a career year last year.. so he choked in pittsburg.. ALOT of teams did..Cutler will not be ready this year.. i dont care what you say .. he will not digest thta whole playbook in a matter of weeks.. its like learning a new langauge.. but its even wose than that .. you have the audibles with the hands so much stuff.. if jay had to come in he would benefit from our run first team but not this year
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by The|Snake#16
    Please go take a look at Cutler's record, then come back, you'll be shocked to find out how piss-poor it was.
    HA HA HA man thats funny stuff
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •