Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marshall Bandwagon!

Broncos | B. Marshall excelling at camp
    Thu, 25 May 2006 06:02:05 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos rookie WR Brandon Marshall has been the talk of camp so far. He has been the first name on the lips of several Broncos' players when asked which teammate has stood out during the two-week passing camp, which concludes today. CB Champ Bailey began issuing the verbal bouquets to the rookie by saying he was an "incredible talent" who's "doing well enough to catch everybody's eye." Apprised of the comments, Marshall went home and called, among others, his academic adviser in college, fellow Central Florida WR Mike Walker, his father and his agent. "I've done all right, but I need to pick it up a little more," he said. "The speed of the game's a little faster, and I need to get my head around a little faster and make every play. But I can't complain. I just have to work to get better." Head coach Mike Shanahan said April 30 that Marshall possibly projected as a tight end or H-back, but the short-handed receiving corps required Marshall's participation, and he has made the most of it, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    Broncos | B. Marshall excelling at camp
    Thu, 25 May 2006 06:02:05 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos rookie WR Brandon Marshall has been the talk of camp so far. He has been the first name on the lips of several Broncos' players when asked which teammate has stood out during the two-week passing camp, which concludes today. CB Champ Bailey began issuing the verbal bouquets to the rookie by saying he was an "incredible talent" who's "doing well enough to catch everybody's eye." Apprised of the comments, Marshall went home and called, among others, his academic adviser in college, fellow Central Florida WR Mike Walker, his father and his agent. "I've done all right, but I need to pick it up a little more," he said. "The speed of the game's a little faster, and I need to get my head around a little faster and make every play. But I can't complain. I just have to work to get better." Head coach Mike Shanahan said April 30 that Marshall possibly projected as a tight end or H-back, but the short-handed receiving corps required Marshall's participation, and he has made the most of it, apparently.

he seems nice....and humble... so thats a plus... but u never know... there has been a thread on like every rookie... and they all end up being the next superstars....

so i stopped caring somewhat... and ill just wait till the first trial game.. and then i will make some of my own decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    he seems nice....and humble... so thats a plus... but u never know... there has been a thread on like every rookie... and they all end up being the next superstars....

so i stopped caring somewhat... and ill just wait till the first trial game.. and then i will make some of my own decisions...
    Yeah but this one is a little more credible because Champ in an interview said Brandon was the stand out rookie. I'm not saying he or I think he will be a superstar, but he is a guy to watch for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    Yeah but this one is a little more credible because Champ in an interview said Brandon was the stand out rookie. I'm not saying he or I think he will be a superstar, but he is a guy to watch for this year.
    u seem like a good bloke... so ill listen to u... and i will keep my eye out for him... hoping he does well... and if he does... i will forever look up to u as a wise and all knowing elder...

ashley who?

looking forward to marshall playing this fall.

ashley who?

First off, it was a passing camp, so no contact was involved. Second it takes about three years to develop in this League and considering the size of playbook he'll have to absorb and the language its not going to be easy. Brandon has some unique physical gifts to work with but I don't expect him to be lights out right away. It would be nice I have to see in actual games.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Either way, I'm glad he's on board. If everyone AT camp is giving him praises then that say's something to what he might be capable of. Thing I like is he's still pretty humble. I'm sure he understands that this is only the beginning and he has a long way to go.

Here's to the BrandonWagon

Two guys I wanted us to draft in a bad way were Marshall and Dumervil................I have a good feeling about both of them. I think Sheffler will do very well also. Now, let's trade Lelie for a 2nd, 3rd, whatever we can get for him. Because he'll just sit out the season and leave as a FA in 2007.

I've already started the Fan Club.

What about ashley

Now we all are specting him not to come back, if he does retunrs, well, everyone in the team have said that when he come back (if he comes back), nobody will critizise him, or have a bad attitud at him.
    if he does comes back would he be a starting WR, or maybe he would be taked out of his place by some rookie or David Terrell or David (i dont remember his last name or its first name i dont know)?
    BTW. y stevey smith didnt act like a baby when they sing KJ?... its a rhetorical question.

maybe i should have made from this a thread, maybe not.

there is a lot to like in this kid obviously
    he's huge for a WR 6'4 230 is definitely a big target, which gives him a better chance with jump balls, not getting bumped off the line etc
    hes humble and from what he did for UCF by switching to safety just to help the team, he is of good character
    and finally he came from a small school UCF and everyone loves the underdogs to step up and impress on the big stage

so there is a lot to like about this kid, obviously the vets and coaching staff are enamored with him, but we'll see how he acclimatises in the game situation in preseason, but he has a valid shot at the #3 shot since no one has stepped up to claim it, its a tussle between a couple of vets and the rookies, Marshall always has a good situation in that he has Rod Smith and Javon Walker in front of him, so he isnt coming into a situation where he is penciled in as a starter and is expected to produce, he can sit back and try to really learn and get used to the game, knowing that he can learn from the older guys
    [SIZE="4"]Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK[/SIZE]
    [URL="http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk"]http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk[/URL]

I adopt [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Erica Weston[/COLOR]

Shannahan

"Head Coach Mike Shannahan said on April 30 that Marshall projects to tight end or h-back"
    Here is one of my problems with Shannahans draft philosophy. If you want a TE or H-back, draft a TE or H-back. With every S Sharp you get ten Billy Millers or Putziers, who run and catch but not block. They don't pan out, end up playing for someone else (for a while anyway). More or less wasteing another pick. Leave the kid at WR, and leave Dumervill DE (Draft-a-bustahan had mentioned beefing him up and useing him inside). I'm just saying....If you want Shockey, go up and get him. Don't draft Putzier and than tell everyone he's right there with Shockey (a completely rediculous statement). Btw, bring in Dan Wilkinson for depth at DT.
    He used to play for Cincinnati, or is that not close enough to Cleveland to play for the Broncos

Thumbs up It does work....

Why all the criticism about moving a large WR to TE? It worked rather well for Sharpe. Marshall is blessed with the combination of size and speed that fits the Bronco receiving TE mold. Sharpe was never that great of a blocker and I think you can agree that he did OK. Let the coaches coach and remember that you are just an uninformed fan. Last I heard, Miller, Putz, and Clark are all still active in the NFL. It is a proven move, so why not at least try it? There is plenty of talent at WR and a shortage at TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado69
    Why all the criticism about moving a large WR to TE? It worked rather well for Sharpe. Marshall is blessed with the combination of size and speed that fits the Bronco receiving TE mold. Sharpe was never that great of a blocker and I think you can agree that he did OK. Let the coaches coach and remember that you are just an uninformed fan. Last I heard, Miller, Putz, and Clark are all still active in the NFL. It is a proven move, so why not at least try it? There is plenty of talent at WR and a shortage at TE.
    True Marshall has the tools to be a TE, but I think wr is great need than TE.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-30-2006 at 08:17 AM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    True Marshall has the tools to be TE, but I think wr is great need than TE.
    I think we already are set at tight end this season and Marshall is staying at WR. He is training at WR right now so I don't think there is a lot to worry about with him moving to TE.