Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    I think we already are set at tight end this season and Marshall is staying at WR. He is training at WR right now so I don't think there is a lot to worry about with him moving to TE.
    Yeah we have been wasting roster space with all the tight ends we keep. Duke will never be able to develop if we keep drafting TE's, Bringing them in from FA, or converting WR's.. i say Alexander is all we need for now, just so we can let Duke and Sheffler to get the plays in that they need to be exceptional tight ends. get rid of Nate Jackson and Watts and all the other noncontributers so we can add more players to fill the more needy positions. like the DL or RB.
    The [FONT=Impact][COLOR=DarkOrange]Orange [/FONT] [FONT=Impact][COLOR=Blue]Crush[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR] will rise again!
    [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/UrbanDraft/378973.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/UrbanDraft/NY16212272033.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Browncofan87
    Yeah we have been wasting roster space with all the tight ends we keep. Duke will never be able to develop if we keep drafting TE's, Bringing them in from FA, or converting WR's.. i say Alexander is all we need for now, just so we can let Duke and Sheffler to get the plays in that they need to be exceptional tight ends. get rid of Nate Jackson and Watts and all the other noncontributers so we can add more players to fill the more needy positions. like the DL or RB.
    We have had loads of TE in camp for the past three years. It will get whittled down but fret about Duke just yet. Imo he's going to make the roster. Btw Jackson was injuried if I'm not mistaken and honestly if he's healed I would rather keep him around the guy is a very good reciever.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Browncofan87
    Yeah we have been wasting roster space with all the tight ends we keep. Duke will never be able to develop if we keep drafting TE's, Bringing them in from FA, or converting WR's.. i say Alexander is all we need for now, just so we can let Duke and Sheffler to get the plays in that they need to be exceptional tight ends. get rid of Nate Jackson and Watts and all the other noncontributers so we can add more players to fill the more needy positions. like the DL or RB.
    How many more passes do you want to see Alexander drop?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wyoming- GOD's country
    Posts
    2,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Browncofan87
    Yeah we have been wasting roster space with all the tight ends we keep. Duke will never be able to develop if we keep drafting TE's, Bringing them in from FA, or converting WR's.. i say Alexander is all we need for now, just so we can let Duke and Sheffler to get the plays in that they need to be exceptional tight ends. get rid of Nate Jackson and Watts and all the other noncontributers so we can add more players to fill the more needy positions. like the DL or RB.
    Fan 87 you got your wish. The Broncos seem to have agreed with you that they had been wasting roster spaces with all the tight ends. They cut Duke so that at least one noncontributor is gone. :wave:

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    291

    Just throw it up there.

    Marshall is a huge target. He also led his team in interceptions to go along with his receptions.

    He is the big physical guy we need on third down and in the red-zone. I hope he comes though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/Ambivalent1/AlphonsoSmith.jpg[/SIGPIC]

    Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8
    Hey im on... UCF graduate here, maybe you rememebr i sat behind Brandon at graduation.
    He's the man i was excited every time he touched the ball here!

    I know i've heard a lot of question marks here but do not fret my friends. Also, NO TIGHT END FOR MARSHALL He has great game speed, very able to catch the long ball with seperation (watch the video)

    There are critics and scouts and such out there with bad information he can and does get open.

    The INT"s were not last year he only played WR llast year. The season prior played DB because of injuries and did very well. He is however a pass catcher.

    Brandon Marshall Highlights
    Last edited by UCFJag; 06-23-2006 at 05:20 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    Now we all are specting him not to come back, if he does retunrs, well, everyone in the team have said that when he come back (if he comes back), nobody will critizise him, or have a bad attitud at him.
    if he does comes back would he be a starting WR, or maybe he would be taked out of his place by some rookie or David Terrell or David (i dont remember his last name or its first name i dont know)?
    BTW. y stevey smith didnt act like a baby when they sing KJ?... its a rhetorical question.

    maybe i should have made from this a thread, maybe not.
    Lelie is such a crybaby, we don't need him, I wish they would just get get rid of him and everybody can move on
    It's 4:20 got a light?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed
    "Head Coach Mike Shannahan said on April 30 that Marshall projects to tight end or h-back"
    Here is one of my problems with Shannahans draft philosophy. If you want a TE or H-back, draft a TE or H-back. With every S Sharp you get ten Billy Millers or Putziers, who run and catch but not block. They don't pan out, end up playing for someone else (for a while anyway). More or less wasteing another pick. Leave the kid at WR, and leave Dumervill DE (Draft-a-bustahan had mentioned beefing him up and useing him inside). I'm just saying....If you want Shockey, go up and get him. Don't draft Putzier and than tell everyone he's right there with Shockey (a completely rediculous statement). Btw, bring in Dan Wilkinson for depth at DT.
    He used to play for Cincinnati, or is that not close enough to Cleveland to play for the Broncos

    But even in college most TE don't block much so unless your unlucky enough to be drafting in the top 7 or so the chances are unlikely you'd get the top pick who can generally do it all.

    Remember that Sharpe was not great blocker till later in his career. Not even sure you could call him great in the blocking department. Down field yes because he over matched the DB's and a lot of LB but on the LOS he was not that great.

    Everyone is spoiled by TD, JOHN, Rod and Sharpe. Everyone drafted or brought in as a FA are put into their shadows and compared against them.

    Heaven forbid they be mere mortals.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    But even in college most TE don't block much so unless your unlucky enough to be drafting in the top 7 or so the chances are unlikely you'd get the top pick who can generally do it all.

    Remember that Sharpe was not great blocker till later in his career. Not even sure you could call him great in the blocking department. Down field yes because he over matched the DB's and a lot of LB but on the LOS he was not that great.

    Everyone is spoiled by TD, JOHN, Rod and Sharpe. Everyone drafted or brought in as a FA are put into their shadows and compared against them.

    Heaven forbid they be mere mortals.
    I would call Sharpe a great blocker. He worked hard to become adequate but he'll never be remembered for being a great blocker.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I would call Sharpe a great blocker. He worked hard to become adequate but he'll never be remembered for being a great blocker.
    Maybe you can clarify great vs great.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    Maybe you can clarify great vs great.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2

    Heart

    I was not a Broncos fan until, the Broncos drafted Brandon. I coached Brandon when he was in the 7th grade.... Quick tempered, he challenged his teammates to do their part. Brandon had the ability to quickly learn and execute new skills. If he does not have a positive effect on the Broncos this year than his character has changed. Respectable, determine, committed, quick-tempered, winner.- that's Brandon Marshall... If you read this Brandon best of luck and Iím cheering for you.- By-the-way Iím still coaching so the windshield in the car is still not safe.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Fan
    I was not a Broncos fan until, the Broncos drafted Brandon. I coached Brandon when he was in the 7th grade.... Quick tempered, he challenged his teammates to do their part. Brandon had the ability to quickly learn and execute new skills. If he does not have a positive effect on the Broncos this year than his character has changed. Respectable, determine, committed, quick-tempered, winner.- that's Brandon Marshall... If you read this Brandon best of luck and Iím cheering for you.- By-the-way Iím still coaching so the windshield in the car is still not safe.

    it's great to have you here, have you had any contact with brandon since he's graduated from high school?
    Blet

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2
    I haven't spoke with him but I've talked with a few of his family members... He comes from a family of high-achievers, I know that he is confident in his abilities as a person and as a player.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,650
    The kids a beast, I hope he can turn into that play making TE we could so use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •