• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBuckeye
    Bench Warmer
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by atruebroncosfan
    There is a good chance that Priest would ask for his release because Larry Johnson will take over. I think if that happened it would be smart to pick him up. He would be a bigger tank over here. What do you guys think?
    Another one of those so and so a Bronco threads.

Priest will retire or remain a Chief. That's all there is to it.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

• Perry1977
      Hollow.
      • Aug 2003

I wouldn't want Priest Holmes, are you guys crazy? When was the last time he lasted a whole season without breaking a nail? LJ is twice the back Holmes ever was, and he knows it. There's no way he should expect to be the starter.

Comment

• ChrisKamanowns
        Practice Squad
        • May 2006

two letters NO

Comment

• Jared
          Retired Mod
          • Aug 2003

SIGH

There is a correlation between this thread, and this type of smack:

Originally posted by silver_black
          i think im starting to get a feel for this "Donkey Logic." it is confusing but here are a few of the basics to it:

2. every top flight free agent is a lock that he is about to join the Donks. regardless of monetary concerns.

8. every player secretly wants to don the Orange and Blue at some point in their career.

Not every player who was every worth anything in the NFL is desired by Denver.

Nor do they want to come to Denver.

Nor do they even have a skill set that Denver can use.

Holmes will likely retire as a Chief. But if he goes anywhere, I can't imagine that it would Denver.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

• Colorado69
            Special Teams
            • Jun 2004

Holmes has class....

LJ twice the back Holmes ever was? LJ had a great year last year, but Holmes had to get injured for him to get onto the field. Obviously the coaches don't agree with you. Holmes has had a strong run for a few years and should be respected for it. When LJ repeats his performance for a few years in a row, then he can be considered as good as Holmes. Don't forget that Lewis (Baltimore >2000 yds) hasn't done much since his big year. Consistency is hard to establish. If the Chefs O-Line has any injuries, LJ will be lucky to get 1,000 yards. The O-Line is old and prone to injury, so it could happen.

Comment

• Perry1977
              Hollow.
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Colorado69
              LJ twice the back Holmes ever was? LJ had a great year last year, but Holmes had to get injured for him to get onto the field. Obviously the coaches don't agree with you. Holmes has had a strong run for a few years and should be respected for it. When LJ repeats his performance for a few years in a row, then he can be considered as good as Holmes. Don't forget that Lewis (Baltimore >2000 yds) hasn't done much since his big year. Consistency is hard to establish. If the Chefs O-Line has any injuries, LJ will be lucky to get 1,000 yards. The O-Line is old and prone to injury, so it could happen.

Oh you will see.

Don't you remember that Priest was undrafted, and the reason he went to the chiefs is because he couldn't beat out Jamal lewis for the starting job in Baltimore? Priest got set up behind the best O-line in the league and reaped the rewards.

Why were so many of his touchdowns 1 and 2 yarders? Why, so many times, was the path to the endzone so clear that he could do that "Hey look I'm scoring another touchdown" thing where he twists his body sideways and opens up his arms as he crosses the goal line? Do you think that maybe the O-line had something to do with that?

Now that LJ has the reigns, he will not let go.

Comment

• kmartin575
                Bench Warmer
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Colorado69
                Do you think the best player always plays? Maybe with alot of teams but not with the **** Vermeil era Chiefs. **** Vermeil was loyal to a fault. Larry Johnson was not Vermeil's draft pick (it was Carl Peterson's) and he was not going to start him. LJ will be lucky to get 1,000 yards if there are injuries on the O-line? Sorry but even the crappiest runners in the NFL can get 1,000 yards. I hope you also realize that your offensive line is almost as old as the Chiefs offensive line.
                "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• TXBRONC
                  Captain
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by kmartin575
                  Do you think the best player always plays? Maybe with alot of teams but not with the **** Vermeil era Chiefs. **** Vermeil was loyal to a fault. Larry Johnson was not Vermeil's draft pick (it was Carl Peterson's) and he was not going to start him. LJ will be lucky to get 1,000 yards if there are injuries on the O-line? Sorry but even the crappiest runners in the NFL can get 1,000 yards. I hope you also realize that your offensive line is almost as old as the Chiefs offensive line.
                  No Kmart ours is not almost as old as yours. Lepsis (32), Hamilton (29), Nalen (35), Carlisle (29), and Foster (26).

Chiefs: Roaf (36), Shields (35), Waters (29), Weigman (33), Welbourn (30).

These are the ages that each player will be sometime this year if they haven't already had their birthday.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Kraymer
                    Practice Squad
                    • May 2006

Ok...So LJ is one of the best RB's in the league. Check. What about WR? Quitterson...Check. Then what? Samie Parker? Dante Hall? Chiefs WR situation is far more dire than the Broncos.

Comment

• kmartin575
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kraymer
                      Ok...So LJ is one of the best RB's in the league. Check. What about WR? Quitterson...Check. Then what? Samie Parker? Dante Hall? Chiefs WR situation is far more dire than the Broncos.
                      Ok, and what is the point of this post? This isn't the smack forum. I could say the same thing about the Broncos tight ends. The Broncos have a bunch of nobodies at tight end.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• GridironChamp
                        Pioli's right hand man
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kraymer
                        Eddie Kennison, Sammie Parker is a deep threat, Dante is much of a WR but will catch some balls....

Then throw in Gonzo, Dunn, and Kris Wilson......Leads to Trent Green throwing for over 4,000 yds again.

ANd with your surperior WR's Plummer threw for how many yds?
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• TXBRONC
                          Captain
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                          Eddie Kennison, Sammie Parker is a deep threat, Dante is much of a WR but will catch some balls....

Then throw in Gonzo, Dunn, and Kris Wilson......Leads to Trent Green throwing for over 4,000 yds again.

ANd with your surperior WR's Plummer threw for how many yds?

I don't understand why you and Kmart want to be smacked around so much but here are some facts.

KC attempted 507 passes. Denver 465 attempts. I believe you all did have a higher scoring offense than we did but we had better defense. Thus KC had the ball more times in part because of a shotty defense so that will bump the stats. It's common sense Grid.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• pipes
                            <- the man!
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            I don't understand why you and Kmart want to be smacked around so much but here are some facts.

KC attempted 507 passes. Denver 465 attempts. I believe you all did have a higher scoring offense than we did but we had better defense. Thus KC had the ball more times in part because of a shotty defense so that will bump the stats. It's common sense Grid.

...and I think I'll take a 13-3 season over a lot of passing yards.

Call me crazy, but I like it when the Broncos make the playoffs!

Comment

• GridironChamp
                              Pioli's right hand man
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TXBRONC

Hey, this thread wasnt about WR's, Your fellow fans made it that.

Now you turned it into a team thread. Im just following suit.....

SO did NE have a horrible defense? How about Seattle? Two other QB's that threw for a ton of yards last year

And KC only ran 29 more plays than Denver

Den-1030
                              KC-1059
                              Last edited by GridironChamp; 06-01-2006, 07:15 PM.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
                                Pioli's right hand man
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Pipes7
                                ...and I think I'll take a 13-3 season over a lot of passing yards.

Call me crazy, but I like it when the Broncos make the playoffs!
                                Call me crazy, but isnt the SB all that matters?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X