Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best War Movies

Best War Movies

1 Twelve O'Clock High Centemental Fav of mine I remember watch with my Grandpa, who was in a B-17 Waist Side Gunner Left

2 Saving Private Ryan First time I saw it, after words I could not walk or talk

3. A Few Good Men, Not really a war Movie, but it has the Corps in it

4. We Where Soliders, Great Nam era flick
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

I have got to go with WE WERE SOLDIERS!!!! Great movie.
    Uncommon Valor was another great film.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    1 Twelve O'Clock High Centemental Fav of mine I remember watch with my Grandpa, who was in a B-17 Waist Side Gunner Left

2 Saving Private Ryan First time I saw it, after words I could not walk or talk

3. A Few Good Men, Not really a war Movie, but it has the Corps in it

4. We Where Soliders, Great Nam era flick
    I remember watching "Saving Private Ryan" in the theatre. There were a bunch of people in the theatre, most of them chatting before the movie (and through the credits and the opening sequence) but as soon as the bullets started flying in the D-day sequence, the whole room became silent. Watching that movie in a room with a hundred or so different people was one of the most harrowing experiences of my lifetime. There may or may not have been a better war movie made, but not one that affected me on a personal level like that one did on that particular night. It will be a long time before I have another experience like that, regardless of how much I enjoy a film.
    I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Best:

Saving Private Ryan by far, this is probably one of the best movies of all time period in my eyes, very telling.

Full Metal Jacket, hilarious.

Good Morning Vietnam, funny, and pretty good.

Worst:

Windtalker, for how recent this movie is, it was probably the worst i've ever seen. The acting was terrible, the special effects were ho-hum, and they made everything overly dramatic.

"Oh my lord, I think I just.....*heavy music*, broke my shoe laces...."*Dramatic music, large pan zoom out, stunned look on the group's face*

master and commander was the best maritime movie by far.
    Glen Haven Fire

Full Metal Jacket...no movie really portrays the duality of war like it does, IMO.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN... and if u do not agree... i will kill u... simply cos i dont believe that any man alive( or dead for that matter... and if they dont agree... i will kill them again....) can deny its almost holy and unjust greatness.. it is in my eyes the contemporary monalisa or the last supper type of mastepiece....

i think ive seen it...
    umm.. maybe 300 times...
    i watched it so much i had to buy another dvd of it cos the first one got worn down...
    i even cried the first few times i saw it...

second is we were soldiers... and like 3 days ago i had a craving for it all day... and so i watched it twice... and after... i felt hollow... like the moment when u compelete an assignment/ prpject that has been on ur mind for months... and once it is done.. u dont know even how to feel... why to feel...

but my third fave... which none of u have mentioned... is enemy at the gates...
    i looooove that movie... and the head shot when the old fella jumps across 2 buildings... AWSUM!!!

Last edited by anton1287; 05-29-2006 at 06:20 AM.
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Enemy at the Gates is a great movie!!!

I didn't care for We Were Soldiers all that much though.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

It's not a movie per se but if Band of Brothers is included than it's hard to beat.

If were talking movies only then I have to go with Das Boot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
    It's not a movie per se but if Band of Brothers is included than it's hard to beat.

OMG OMG OMG...

that is awsum....and twice i have watched all the episodes non stop... it was painful towards the end.... but ohhh so worth the suffering...

i always looked at the pain of ass cramps as a sacrifice that i had to make... like jesus made to save us... bla... bla... im not religious enough to care...

fave episode.. "bastogne"...

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight

what the hell is das boot?

is that some ethnic movie that is in subtitles...? cos i dont like reading...

- T Jefferson

1. Full metal jacket- really great movie
    2. Resevoir dogs- not sure if this is considered a war flick, but its damn brutal, and a really good film.
    3. Lord of War- awesome flick

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandxxRaider
    1. Full metal jacket- really great movie
    2. Resevoir dogs- not sure if this is considered a war flick, but its damn brutal, and a really good film.
    3. Lord of War- awesome flick

No, Resevoir Dogs definatly isn't a war flick.

War flicks generally have wars in them.

Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    what the hell is das boot?

is that some ethnic movie that is in subtitles...? cos i dont like reading...

That doesn't suprise me at all.