Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 115

Thread: Best War Movies

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56
    You got guanarria?


    jk

    You mean Gonorrhea?


    Guanarria sounds like some bat turd disease.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinn
    You mean Gonorrhea?


    Guanarria sounds like some bat turd disease.
    yeah.. i think ive got that tird disease....

    and yeah... i know its been said... but black hawk down and u-571 r awsum movies...

    and a movie that hasnt been mentioned..
    kelly's heroes....

    thats a great war comedy...

    and enemy at the gates.. yeah.. not real events... not real back story...

    they had plenty of ammo and guns... only in ww1... cos the bolsheviks(commies) took power and decided to go on a full out war... too bad the tsar... hadnt prepared enough guns or munitions for a huge nation... so they were very short of everything in ww1.. not ww2...

    by then they had guns pouring out of the a holes... and then some more were stockpiled in the back shed... where mama couldnt find them...

    and sniper wars were not really real in ww2... great concept for a movie... but not real.. the russians did not rally their whole war effort on a single sniper...

    mostly their stories were made up to boost morale...

    thank u communism... for showing us a real use for propaganda...

    btw.. im was born in russia...

    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

    <a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    yeah.. i think ive got that tird disease....

    and yeah... i know its been said... but black hawk down and u-571 r awsum movies...

    and a movie that hasnt been mentioned..
    kelly's heroes....

    thats a great war comedy...

    and enemy at the gates.. yeah.. not real events... not real back story...

    they had plenty of ammo and guns... only in ww1... cos the bolsheviks(commies) took power and decided to go on a full out war... too bad the tsar... hadnt prepared enough guns or munitions for a huge nation... so they were very short of everything in ww1.. not ww2...

    by then they had guns pouring out of the a holes... and then some more were stockpiled in the back shed... where mama couldnt find them...

    and sniper wars were not really real in ww2... great concept for a movie... but not real.. the russians did not rally their whole war effort on a single sniper...

    mostly their stories were made up to boost morale...

    thank u communism... for showing us a real use for propaganda...

    btw.. im was born in russia...

    I was the one that mentioned that about the movie. I too am a Socialist though That's cool that you were born in Russia. I wish to visit it one of these days once it becomes more stable. Lenin's Mausoleum would be a nice place to visit and see. I heard his body is finally showing signs of decay. That his left ear is slipping off his face or something like that.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    I was the one that mentioned that about the movie. I too am a Socialist though That's cool that you were born in Russia. I wish to visit it one of these days once it becomes more stable. Lenin's Mausoleum would be a nice place to visit and see. I heard his body is finally showing signs of decay. That his left ear is slipping off his face or something like that.
    yeah.. im not a socialist....

    and the keyword was "was born"... i left when i was 4... so i dont even remmeber it...

    all i know.. is that its a great place to visit cos the dollar is sweeet... the history and beauty is like everywhere... and the moscow maccas is the busiest in the world...



    ps.. war movies ROCK!!!!!!!
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

    <a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    yeah.. im not a socialist....
    I was not talking about you there. Sorry. I was talking about Communist, the poster, at least I think he is one. I thought that was who you responded to. Tee hee. My mistake. I could have sworn you responded to him. Now that is wierd. Oh well.... but anywho as I said. I mentioned earlier in this thread about how the part in that film where the Soviet troops had to carry one rifle and the other held the ammo was not accurate. That during WWII the Soviet Union had plenty of war supplies. That it was during WWI that soldiers were reduced to that.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vernal Utah
    Posts
    39

    Cool War Movies

    I liked Platoon, Battle of the Bulge, Troy, Kingdom Of Heaven, I love the old Crescent vs The Cross through out the ages and is still going on today... I think they should make more movies with this its History and then alot of people could understand both sides of this thing its been going on for centuries... The Christians lost sight of there goal was and became greedy and almost forgot to go on to the holy city... They became more like a Gangas Con Going on killing rages eating other people flesh and so its pretty gruesome what they did on the 1st crusade... I'am not muslim but I understand there hatred for the west now Saw a couple shows on the History channel it pretty gruesome...
    Last edited by amrasmu; 05-30-2006 at 11:48 AM.
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by amrasmu
    Kingdom Of Heaven, I love the old Crescent vs The Cross through out the ages and is still going on today... I think they should make more movies with this its History and then alot of people could understand both sides of this thing its been going on for centuries... The Christians lost sight of there goal was and became greedy and almost forgot to go on to the holy city... They became more like a Gangas Con Going on killing rages eating other people flesh and so its pretty gruesome what they did on the 1st crusade... I'am not muslim but I understand there hatred for the west now Saw a couple shows on the History channel it pretty gruesome...
    I loved that movie as well. It was fairly accurate. King Baldwin IV did suffer from Leprosy. However he never wore a mask like that. Balian (Orlando Bloom) was not accurate at all. He would more closely resemble Liam Neeson's character in age and wisdom. Now, Saladin, was the most accurate character in that film. Purposely, I might add. Gangas Con you actually mean Chingis Khan (or more popularly Ghengis Khan). About the Crusades, the one that really upset me was the 12th (if memory serves right) where instead of fighting Muslims they turned against the Byzantines and captured Constantinople, destroyed the Hippodrome, killed the Emperor and split the Byzantine Empire into several pieces (eventually they recaptured Constantinople - but the damage was done).

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Louisville, Ky.
    Posts
    10,152
    My favorites include:

    The Dirty Dozen
    Full Metal Jacket
    Kelly's Heroes (I love this flick)
    Band of Brothers (what a wonderful series!)
    The Hunt for Red October (the Cold War was a war, nontheless)
    And of course, my personal favoirte...



    Spies Like Us
    HEAR ME ROAR!

    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Gate, CA
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by amrasmu
    ... I'am not muslim but I understand there hatred for the west now Saw a couple shows on the History channel it pretty gruesome...
    I think the animosity that exists between the Arab world and the West is of more recent origin than The Crusades. British rule of Afghanistan and India? American support of Israel? Western intervention/imperialism?

    As far as the one-on-one battle between snipers during the Siege of Stalingrad, that is actually true. The Soviets had a sniper whom the Germans just couldn't kill, so they sent their best sniper to kill him. The Soviet sniper ended up killing the German sniper. Did it change the course of the battle? Probably not, but it was a moral victory for the Red Army.

    Nobody's mentioned it so far, so how about Oscar-winning "All Quiet on the Western Front"? Lew Ayres. Black-and-white. Great movie of a great anti-war book. Plus, I'm really fascinated w/WWI.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,048
    Star Wars


    Tora Tora Tora


    Those are the only two 'war' movies I have seen and the first is nominal at best.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    14,289
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    what the hell is das boot?

    is that some ethnic movie that is in subtitles...? cos i dont like reading...



    Wolfgang 'Posieden' Peterson mini series from the early eighties about a German U-Boat crew.......the only name that you'd probably recognise is Jürgen Prochnow. Very, very good film, especially since they remastered the sound into 5.1, and you can watch it with English dubbing . If you can find it, set aside a night or two and watch it, it's superb.

    Other than that, amongst my favourites:

    Black Hawk Down

    The Dambusters - I believe Peter Jackson is thinking of doing a remake of this

    Sink The Bismark

    A Bridge To Far

    Platoon

    The Battle of Midway

    Zulu

    Where Eagles Dare

    The Dirty Dozen

    Kelly's Heroes

    The Longest Day

    The Battle Of Britain

    The Cruel Sea

    Enemy At The Gate

    Tora Tora Tora

    And pease don't mention U-571 or Pearl Harbour..............typical Hollywood crap.


    EDIT - How could I forget...................M*A*S*H
    Last edited by Den21-Bal19; 05-30-2006 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Additional Title
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

    Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone


    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

    Spiffing sig, MasterShake

    You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

    Maybe Slowick should pay attention

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,497
    HANDS DOWN......

    FULL METAL JACKET


    Running close second....

    Apocolypse Now

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,230
    To Hell and Back.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vernal Utah
    Posts
    39

    Cool Crusade

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    I loved that movie as well. It was fairly accurate. King Baldwin IV did suffer from Leprosy. However he never wore a mask like that. Balian (Orlando Bloom) was not accurate at all. He would more closely resemble Liam Neeson's character in age and wisdom. Now, Saladin, was the most accurate character in that film. Purposely, I might add. Gangas Con you actually mean Chingis Khan (or more popularly Ghengis Khan). About the Crusades, the one that really upset me was the 12th (if memory serves right) where instead of fighting Muslims they turned against the Byzantines and captured Constantinople, destroyed the Hippodrome, killed the Emperor and split the Byzantine Empire into several pieces (eventually they recaptured Constantinople - but the damage was done).
    yes your right about all of that there was a Balian and he went with the chirstan army and was spared as long as they did not fight against him again .... But he was not a nice guy like the movie, can't remember there names but the two leaders from the Knight Templar were pretty accurate....and King Richard The great King The Lionheart was the worst one of them all. During the third Crusade.. And Balian also had a brother can't Remember his name but he was one the ones you talk about dividing Constantinople.....
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    1,192
    My favorite war movie is Braveheart. 'Nuff said.
    http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1...ftstrazwm7.jpg





    Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •