Why we didn't draft Santonio Holmes...

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct at a hotel in South Beach, police said Saturday.

Holmes was arrested Friday night. He was released from jail after he signed a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

The events leading to Holmes' arrest weren't released by police.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he didn't know about the arrest and couldn't immediately comment on it. Holmes was the Steelers' first-round pick in April out of Ohio State.

Thanks Shanny!
    Administrator

...also the fact that we didnt have a pick in the range necessary to pick holmes. but yeah. it was disorderly conduct...
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

I know why we didn't pick him! We drafted Cutler with the 11th pick remember?

lol, jk

It seems a lot of our old players are getting in trouble, Rueben Droughns got arrested for beating his wife a couple of weeks ago..we dont need players like that on our team, nice job shanny for the great work!
    vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

Quote Originally Posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN

lol, jk

It seems a lot of our old players are getting in trouble, Rueben Droughns got arrested for beating his wife a couple of weeks ago..we dont need players like that on our team, nice job shanny for the great work!
    Plus we got Brandon Marshall who is bigger and a harder worker!
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Quote Originally Posted by DenverFanInGB
    MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct at a hotel in South Beach, police said Saturday.

Holmes was arrested Friday night. He was released from jail after he signed a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

The events leading to Holmes' arrest weren't released by police.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he didn't know about the arrest and couldn't immediately comment on it. Holmes was the Steelers' first-round pick in April out of Ohio State.
    Well, I'd say the fortune tellers that work for the broncos did a great job at forseeing this little problem, now didnt they????

Smile Yea, Sure....

Character has become a much bigger factor than it ever use to be for draft picks. But, I don't think they ever had intentions of drafting him. With the Javon Walker trade setup and their desire to get Cutler, I think it was just that a proven WR was much more desired than a rookie WR. I hope the young man gets it straightened out and has a good safe career. Let's hope he doesn't turn into another Ohio State misfit (Boston, Clarrett, etc.).

...this is hardly something that would sway Shanny from drafting him or not. Denver obviously was after Cutler (or a QB in general), and Maroney was the backup plan anyways.

All he did was walk down a street "to avoid a large group of people." Now, if you're talking about Cory Rodgers...that's another story. But, j-walking doesn't equate to a malcontent in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN

lol, jk

I heard he threw his wife out of their house after she told him she wanted a divorce......

...."beating"?

....we'll see.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    I heard he threw his wife out of their house after she told him she wanted a divorce......

...."beating"?

....we'll see.....

no...

its.....

...."eating"....

get it right plz...

its EATING.... she was full of protein... and latex.. all of which r great for the modern athelete...

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>