Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Kiszla predicting Cutler to start THIS year?!

Okay, Mark Kiszla is obviously a sensationalist. But I still think this prognostication by him is way out there. It seems to take more cahones than anything because readers will likely throw this back in his face if he's wrong. But then again he can crow about it if he's right. Anyway, here's a link and a snippet:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3866437

There is a far greater possibility Cutler will play a meaningful role for the Broncos this season than the chances of Plummer retaining the job as starting quarterback in 2007.
    Now, he gives a rationale for that statement but I think it's an awfully bold one to make, regardless. What do you think? Is it possible that Cutler takes over at some point this season? Or is this all a matter of a "journalist" trying to spark readers' interest?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

As much as I get to see his stuff, which is not all the time. What of his stuff has been anything but sensational?

By that I mean not out there! I'm not sure who is worst him or williamson.

Since Scheffler left do y'all have a decent sports beat writer?

Kiszla is an idiot. I hate that guy. Almost every article he writes is negative, whether it is talking about how much our team stinks, or how we should get rid of a player. I wrote him an email this morning telling him this, and I challenged him to write back to me. We will see if he will, although I am doubtful as he has nothing productive to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    Okay, Mark Kiszla is obviously a sensationalist. But I still think this prognostication by him is way out there. It seems to take more cahones than anything because readers will likely throw this back in his face if he's wrong. But then again he can crow about it if he's right. Anyway, here's a link and a snippet:

Now, he gives a rationale for that statement but I think it's an awfully bold one to make, regardless. What do you think? Is it possible that Cutler takes over at some point this season? Or is this all a matter of a "journalist" trying to spark readers' interest?
    interesting article. I think unless Jake gets hurt or is God awful (like 5 ints vs SD two years ago) He should keep the job. But if I was him, I would stay out of the public eye for a while to try to mend his image.

Cutler will play in 2006 some but 2007 is his year I believe

in ALL honesty, the broncos playbook last season was one of the most dumbed down playbooks i have seen in the league in the while. Jake had absolutely NO command of the offense and was treated like an absolute child playing quarterback. As a result he had one of the best seasons of his career. In 04-05 they gave him the reigns and he failed miserably 27 or so picks. This year they did a complete 180 and took the game away from him. Jake wasnt allowed to make plays. If they put cutler in the same situation as Jake last year i would say we would have the same or close to the same record. Thebroncos had Jake playing in a box last year. There were a number of quarterbacks who could have done what Jake did last year that are OUT OF THE LEAUGE ie Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch. Not a knock on Jake, just to show you how much of a well oiled machine the broncos are.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

the poor dude is just trying to put some food on the table by talking smack...

next year maybe.. but this year is plummers team...

if i was me.. i would ignore him...

and i am.. so i will...

Just to take a little exception, he doesn't say that Cutler will start, he says that he will play a meaningfull role. I don't really know what a meaningfull role for a back up QB would be, but I don't think it has to include starting.

I think what is going to happen is Plummer will continue with his "up for grabs" type passes and around mid-season, after he has had a bad half, we'll see Cutler come into the game. If he plays well, Plummer will never see the field again...................I like Plummer to a point. But even though his stats were much improved over the 2004 season, I still saw many balls that should have been picked off, and those same passes WERE in 2004. So, on paper it looked like he really improved in that area. But I am not convinced. He did mange games alot better and ran more when he was in trouble instead of thowing it up for whoever. But I don't see Shanahan giving Plummer too many more chances if he continues to throw picks. We could very well be seeing another Maddox/Rothlisberger situation if there is an injury or simply poor perfomace on Jake's part.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan
    in ALL honesty, the broncos playbook last season was one of the most dumbed down playbooks i have seen in the league in the while. Jake had absolutely NO command of the offense and was treated like an absolute child playing quarterback. As a result he had one of the best seasons of his career. In 04-05 they gave him the reigns and he failed miserably 27 or so picks. This year they did a complete 180 and took the game away from him. Jake wasnt allowed to make plays. If they put cutler in the same situation as Jake last year i would say we would have the same or close to the same record. Thebroncos had Jake playing in a box last year. There were a number of quarterbacks who could have done what Jake did last year that are OUT OF THE LEAUGE ie Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch. Not a knock on Jake, just to show you how much of a well oiled machine the broncos are.
    Yes, and we ALL know your disdain for Jake....

...but just to set the record straight...

...he had 27 TD's!!!!......not int's....

...and if "failing miserably" consists of breaking Elway records, he can fail to his heart's content....

...and until you can find me a QUOTE from Shanny, on Jake's playcalling getting "dumbed down", what you're saying is nothing more than repitition from the Jake Haters Club.........
    Last edited by rcsodak; 05-26-2006 at 08:57 AM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak

...and until you can find me a QUOTE from Shanny, on Jake's playcalling getting "dumbed down", what you're saying is nothing more than repitition from the Jake Haters Club.........

Last year he had 18 td's and 7 int's. A good year really......................he could do the same or have another 20 interception season again. He still makes me hold my breathe when he's under pressure and throws the ball into the center of the field.

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    interesting article. I think unless Jake gets hurt or is God awful (like 5 ints vs SD two years ago) He should keep the job. But if I was him, I would stay out of the public eye for a while to try to mend his image.

Cutler will play in 2006 some but 2007 is his year I believe
    Just to coment on that game.. Jake shouldn't get all the blame for those int's. If I can still remember I believe about 3 of them were from the Wide out not holding on the ball and being tiped from our wide receiver.

Regarding his article.. Cutler should be on the bench learning next year. I do not think he will start but bee in games if we are ahead by a lot. I think most of his article came from Shanahan saying how a QB is successful in there first years in a franchise (his press conference).

Also Plummer is our best bet for winning next year unless some how Cutler just blows us away in Pre-season.. then there is going to be some controversy. I know Cutler's work ethic is pretty extreme and probably sleeping with the play book at night.

I can not see Plummer not being our #1 QB unless he gets hurt..

Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    Just to coment on that game.. Jake shouldn't get all the blame for those int's. If I can still remember I believe about 3 of them were from the Wide out not holding on the ball and being tiped from our wide receiver.

Regarding his article.. Cutler should be on the bench learning next year. I do not think he will start but bee in games if we are ahead by a lot. I think most of his article came from Shanahan saying how a QB is successful in there first years in a franchise (his press conference).

Also Plummer is our best bet for winning next year unless some how Cutler just blows us away in Pre-season.. then there is going to be some controversy. I know Cutler's work ethic is pretty extreme and probably sleeping with the play book at night.

I can not see Plummer not being our #1 QB unless he gets hurt..
    dude.. have some faith...

plummer will play if he is half dead... cos he is plummer... and like the british queen... he does not live life by our mere mortal rules...

Well there are a few optive variables that could cause this to happen. A) Plummer blows it sometime in the season either by mental breakdown or another off the field issue. B) That the team already has 6 to 8 losses and are really out of the playoff hunt. C) Bowlen or Shanahan finally realize they have had enough of his antics and they either trade or release him, and of course D) Plummer gets injured some time before or during the season.

I really do not think he is really trying to flame, I just think he is one of many that want Cutler to start and are tired of Jake at the helm. And I know a lot of fans are like why? We have a chance to win it all! I believe sometimes a good loosing season can not only motivate a team but be better for their growth. Some people, whether people want to believe or not are just tired of Plummer.
    ...Master Protagonist...

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak

Sorry 20 Picks....

2004 521 pass attempts, 255 yds a game, 27tdz and 20 picks

2005 456 pass attempts, 210 yds a game 18tdz and 7 picks

DUMBED DOWN. You dont need a quote look at the facts. Need i say more. Jake was RESTRICTED last season, treated like a rookie, a little puppy, why? Because he friggin sucks. What you know about that?

I know he sucks, you know he sucks, the broncos know he sucks, Jay Cutler knows he sucks, the league knows he sucks, the steelers know he sucks, his momma knows he sucks, his girlfriend knows he sucks, the state of arizona knows he sucks, John Elway knows he sucks, shannon sharpe knows he sucks and he is the joke of the league.

CONCLUSION

He Sucks. All jokes aside, realisticlly if the Broncos cut Jake Plummer today, would he be starting ANYWHERE in this league. Just think about it. He would be a backup. Regardless of what he has done in our SYSTEM. BACK UP. understand that. Jakes doesnt make the broncos great. The broncos make Jake Above AVERAGE.

Bottom line is every time Jake drops back and he is not rollin out, your heart stops when he releases that ball and that TV screen slides over because you know in your heart something BAD is going to happen. Mike knows that too (see Cutler).
    Last edited by MilitantDBFan; 05-26-2006 at 09:08 AM.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan
    Sorry 20 Picks....

2004 521 pass attempts, 255 yds a game, 27tdz and 20 picks

2005 456 pass attempts, 210 yds a game 18tdz and 7 picks

DUMBED DOWN. You dont need a quote look at the facts. Need i say more. Jake was RESTRICTED last season, treated like a rookie, a little puppy, why? Because he friggin sucks. What you know about that?

I know he sucks, you know he sucks, the broncos know he sucks, Jay Cutler knows he sucks, the league knows he sucks, the steelers know he sucks, his momma knows he sucks, his girlfriend knows he sucks, the state of arizona knows he sucks, John Elway knows he sucks, shannon sharpe knows he sucks and he is the joke of the league.

CONCLUSION

He Sucks. All jokes aside, realisticlly if the Broncos cut Jake Plummer today, would he be starting ANYWHERE in this league. Just think about it. He would be a backup. Regardless of what he has done in our SYSTEM. BACK UP. understand that. Jakes doesnt make the broncos great. The broncos make Jake Above AVERAGE.

Bottom line is every time Jake drops back and he is not rollin out, your heart stops when he releases that ball because you know in your heart something BAD is going to happen. Mike knows that too (see Cutler).
    Actually that is completely wrong. The reason there was less passing is because we where ahead in almost every game straight from the beginning. What does a running team do when they get ahead? HMMMMMM that is a hard one to figure out but I'll let you ponder it for a while.

Also, I can name you a lot of teams that have worse starters than Plummer. He would easily start somewhere especially after last season. Coaches are smart and don't look at players and judge them the way you do. They actually look at what the player can do. They don't just hate on them because the media talks trash.