Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    Actually that is completely wrong. The reason there was less passing is because we where ahead in almost every game straight from the beginning. What does a running team do when they get ahead? HMMMMMM that is a hard one to figure out but I'll let you ponder it for a while.
    The reason there were less passes is really irrelavant.

The fact is, fewer pass attempts equal fewer opportunities for mistakes.

If St. Jake had made the same number of attempts in 05 as he did in 04, and only had 7 INTs, then you could make the claim that he played better.

Since that's not the case, it's purely speculation to assume he was better.

Also, I can name you a lot of teams that have worse starters than Plummer. He would easily start somewhere especially after last season. Coaches are smart and don't look at players and judge them the way you do. They actually look at what the player can do. They don't just hate on them because the media talks trash.
    I can name a lot of teams that have better starters than Plummer. As far as starting someplace else...

Be still my beating heart...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Great article. Fantastic!!

Mark Kiszla is my favorite sports beat writer. When it comes to Plummer, he's ALWAYS right!!

And, unfortunately for the church, more likely to be true than not.

:wave: Jake!!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Cool Cutler starting this year

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.pngHe must be crazy to think that there is no way he can master the play book in such a short time , I look for him to get some trash time or if he (Plummer ) gets hurt, VanPelt and cutler will fight it out in preseason I like Brad he's shown alot of toughness and he also has a very strong arm. I see Cutler starting in a year or maybe even 2008 thats my take on the subject
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    I can name a lot of teams that have better starters than Plummer. As far as starting someplace else...

Be still my beating heart...
    Umm, the argument was that he couldn't start anywhere else. Go ahead and name the 31 other starters for other teams that are going to do better than Jake this year.

Just because you feel it is your sole duty to bash Jake at any cost doesn't mean you have to start making completely out of place comments. Everyone can name some better Qb's than Plummer... I have not heard a single person on these boards ever say that he was the best in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    Great article. Fantastic!!

Mark Kiszla is my favorite sports beat writer. When it comes to Plummer, he's ALWAYS right!!

And, unfortunately for the church, more likely to be true than not.

:wave: Jake!!
    HA so you actually think Jay is starting this year?

I would be happy to wager some money on this.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos4ever
    Kiszla is a writer that likes to stir up controversy. He did the same thing with John Elway when he was here. His articles probably sell papers and he is good at what he does. Most articles that he puts out I totally disagree with him. He is very opinionated most of the time and does not care who he hurts in the process. I read a lot of his articles and I have not seen a real apology from him even when he is wrong.

In fact some of the local radio stations will not even have him on their shows because of his controversial nature and disposition.
    You may not like him, but that's simply not true.

He is a regular all season long on Fox RockyMountain. At least he has been for the past two seasons.

Back to topic...

Great article, Kiz!!

Right on about St. Jake as usual.

Cool

Umm, the argument was that he couldn't start anywhere else. Go ahead and name the 31 other starters for other teams that are going to do better than Jake this year.

Just because you feel it is your sole duty to bash Jake at any cost doesn't mean you have to start making completely out of place comments. Everyone can name some better Qb's than Plummer... I have not heard a single person on these boards ever say that he was the best in the league.
    I'am not bashing Jake at all but he runs this offense well, not all Qb's can play in Denver and make it work each QB needs his own fit. I love Jake He fits this offense well and can teach both Cutler and VanPelt alot. Well we need to see them in preseason before any one says Cutler is the guy Don't you think...amrasmu And VanPelt will give him a run for the job he is a fierce competitor
    Last edited by amrasmu; 05-26-2006 at 01:09 PM.
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

Ahhhh life would be great!!! A qb who can throw and handle the pressure and not fold. And something for all Broncos fans to talk about and not just be on a bandwagon of sorts, just because a certain player is here and we want to really say he stinks some of us are blind and say he is the best thing here since Elway. Well to each's own opinion.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25778&dateline=143698  9283

Quote Originally Posted by Crush05
    Ahhhh life would be great!!! A qb who can throw and handle the pressure and not fold. And something for all Broncos fans to talk about and not just be on a bandwagon of sorts, just because a certain player is here and we want to really say he stinks some of us are blind and say he is the best thing here since Elway. Well to each's own opinion.

I can't wait for Cutler to get on the field. I just don't think it will be this season, and if it is, I am not prepared to go 4-12.

I think whats best for this team right now is another solid year by Plummer. If we put in a rookie to "grow" then its a waste of a season for players like Rod, Lynch, Wilson, and Champ. THe vets will just get a wasted season and have to play on a bad team.

Why do you all hate on Jake so much anyways. I mean is it the 33-15 record that he has put up. That being with the games he didn't even play that where lost. Or was it the 3 times in the playoffs in three years? I can see why you hate him so much now. I should have thought that stuff out before....

Come to think of it lets just start bashing everyone from the current team because they are obviously worthless. Only a 14-4 record. WOW. They sure are all worthless huh.

[QUOTE=broncos_mtnman]The reason there were less passes is really irrelavant.

The fact is, fewer pass attempts equal fewer opportunities for mistakes.

If St. Jake had made the same number of attempts in 05 as he did in 04, and only had 7 INTs, then you could make the claim that he played better.

Since that's not the case, it's purely speculation to assume he was better.

Not exactly. In 2004 Jake had one interception every 26 pass attempts. In 2005 Jake had one interception every 65 pass attempts. That's twice as good per attempt and a significant improvement no matter how much you may dislike Jake.

I can understand your dislike of Jake and there have been a few games where I'd like to strangle him, but you usually make a better argument than the above.

Personally, I'd be delighted if Cutler beat out Jake for the starting job in '06--it would mean that Shanahan felt Cutler could do a better job than Jake. Theoretically that would mean the team was stronger for it and I'd be all for that. Realistically, I think it might be tough for Cutler to even take over in 2007 because of the need to fully learn and be able to implement the offense.

What do the Colts have to do with anything. You do Shanny has said and even before Jake got here that it takes untill at least the third year in his system to be affective. Look at Jake now 3rd year he goes 13-3 and goes to the AFC Championship game.

You have no clue why they drafted him. Maybe Shanny saw that as the only position that really lacked depth and went out to get the best depth possible. Also, in the Colts games they scored what like 100 points in the 2. I dont think that you should ever expect your QB to get 50 points a game. That is the defense letting it get completely out of hand. Just like the Pitt game. I think you need to realize that this is a team game and that the QB is not the one to blame for losses. In the last 3 playoff games that we have lost there was a dominant offense that just tore us up.
    No clue as to why Shanny drafted him? They are NOT going to give $10-12 million guaranteed for a guy to sit on the bench for 3 years. This year is Jake's and then he is out of guaranteed money. Cutler definitely starts in 2007. Jake looking for a job like McNair.

Jake had been around the year several years before he hit Denver so of course his learning curve of the offense didn't take near as long. However...

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoavs1921
    Kiszla is an idiot. I hate that guy. Almost every article he writes is negative, whether it is talking about how much our team stinks, or how we should get rid of a player. I wrote him an email this morning telling him this, and I challenged him to write back to me. We will see if he will, although I am doubtful as he has nothing productive to say.

Damn you hit it right on the head. This guy is a damn moron
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Oh, I see.

Crystal ball? Tea leaves?

-----
    hahahahahahhaahha!! good one!!!!

but this one is more funny!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! NICE PIC!!! Watch out dear, its jake plumber!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!