Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Kizla?

Kizla always has been and always will be a total and complete moron.
    How he gets paid to do what he gets paid to do, is the very definition of a miracle. Take what he writes with a grain of salt. I don't even bother with his article anymore. The worst, was when some idiot thought putting him on the radio was a good idea. Thank god for Jim Armstrong. Seriously

"Well oiled machine"?

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan
    in ALL honesty, the broncos playbook last season was one of the most dumbed down playbooks i have seen in the league in the while. Jake had absolutely NO command of the offense and was treated like an absolute child playing quarterback. As a result he had one of the best seasons of his career. In 04-05 they gave him the reigns and he failed miserably 27 or so picks. This year they did a complete 180 and took the game away from him. Jake wasnt allowed to make plays. If they put cutler in the same situation as Jake last year i would say we would have the same or close to the same record. Thebroncos had Jake playing in a box last year. There were a number of quarterbacks who could have done what Jake did last year that are OUT OF THE LEAUGE ie Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch. Not a knock on Jake, just to show you how much of a well oiled machine the broncos are.
    I'm sorry Militant, but I just can't let this go.....
    Are you actually saying Leaf and Couch are as good as Plummer?
    You've been reading too many Kizla articles.
    God help us, Broncos fans are delusional.
    I'm suprised you didn't mention Bradlee Van Punk, as well.
    What does a guy have to do to get a break in this town.
    I feel sorry for Cutler, I really do. He has no idea what he's gotten himself into.
    I don't know which is more laughable....That you think you know a dummied up offense (ie, the Atlanta Falcons) when you see one, or you that you think Leaf could take any team to an AFC Championship. Or Couch? When he got heckled he didn't flip the guy off, he actually CRIED ON THE BENCH (True story).
    What do you think Broncos fans could make him do, wet his pants? Some real experts "considered" Plummer for MVP at one point
    last year, but you see a QB that has "no command of the offense". HUH?? Which opinion deserves more consideration?
    WHEN Cutler takes over, lets see if Plummer is out of a job as long as Leaf and Couch. Shoot, who needs Cutler? Bring back Akili smith, or Cade McNown, or David Klingler. Every bit as good as Plummer! Or maybe Tommy Frazier, and run the option. Andre Ware, Giovanni Carmazzi, Heath Shuler. I hear Quincy Carter
    is available. Hell, this is easy. Why do teams have such a hard time finding a QB?
    I'm available too, by the way. And cheap!
    This can't be happening!
    Last edited by stnzed; 05-28-2006 at 08:31 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    Yes, to this day in my mind it goes down as one of shanny's worst moves, Brister had a bad pre-season but he was a veteran and had experance in the system and with the team and the players liked him and belived he could lead them back to the playoffs, the year before Brister stepped in and started 4 games for Denver when Elway went down with injuries, Brister went 4-0 his stats werent bad either
    pass att 86
    completions 52
    yards 621
    Touchdowns 8
    interceptons 2
    ran for 38 yards and 1 Touchdown
    Basically they never missed a beat on offense and i think starting greise over the well liked and trusted Brister messed that locker room up that year and some players tanked on Greise, Brister should have been given at least 4 games to start the season and shake off the pre-season rust before he was benched.
    AND HE BEAT THE CHIEFS ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL IN KC NOT ONLY BEAT THEM BUT DEMOLISHED THEM I THINK THE SCORE WAS 31-7...AMRASMU
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    No clue as to why Shanny drafted him? They are NOT going to give $10-12 million guaranteed for a guy to sit on the bench for 3 years. This year is Jake's and then he is out of guaranteed money. Cutler definitely starts in 2007. Jake looking for a job like McNair.

Jake had been around the year several years before he hit Denver so of course his learning curve of the offense didn't take near as long. However...
    LOOK AT PALMER IN CINNY HE SAT FOR A YEAR AND LEARNED IT WAS THE BEST THING FOR HIM THAT IS WHAT MADE HIM SO GOOD THE NEXT YEAR CUTLER NEEDS THE SAME KIND OF TEACHING 10MIL OR NOT HE NEEDS TO SIT AND LEARN FOR A YEAR IF NOT TWO....
    [IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6793/lynchsig0yt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by amrasmu
    LOOK AT PALMER IN CINNY HE SAT FOR A YEAR AND LEARNED IT WAS THE BEST THING FOR HIM THAT IS WHAT MADE HIM SO GOOD THE NEXT YEAR CUTLER NEEDS THE SAME KIND OF TEACHING 10MIL OR NOT HE NEEDS TO SIT AND LEARN FOR A YEAR IF NOT TWO....
    Cutler will sit for a year, but after that all bets are off. One doesn't understand the competitiveness of Jay Cutler. He is not going to allow himself to sit longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by amrasmu
    Actually, Palmer's second year was his first starting and he just looked mediocre. It wasn't until his third year, second as a starter, that he blossomed.

It seems like most QBs still have growing pains once they start for the first time, even if they sat on the bench the previous year. I wouldn't expect Cutler to come in and play at a Pro Bowl level right away; he'll probably still need seasoning. But anything's possible (see Rothlisberger).
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    Actually, Palmer's second year was his first starting and he just looked mediocre. It wasn't until his third year, second as a starter, that he blossomed.

It seems like most QBs still have growing pains once they start for the first time, even if they sat on the bench the previous year. I wouldn't expect Cutler to come in and play at a Pro Bowl level right away; he'll probably still need seasoning. But anything's possible (see Rothlisberger).
    Thanks for at least saying anything's possible.

To some in the church, there's no way under the sun that Cutler will be able to play QB until 2009 or 2010.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...14#post1112614

other than agreeing Kiszla's a dork, isn't this 'rumor' put to bed?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman

To some in the church, there's no way under the sun that Cutler will be able to play QB until 2009 or 2010.
    *snicker*

so now it's '09/10?

....you're killin' me, man......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

"Well, I don't want to put a time limit on it," said Cutler, the SEC's player of the year whose stock began to soar during his spectacular senior season at Vanderbilt. "I think that it's good for a quarterback to wait coming in as a rookie, learn the system, watch someone successful in front of him do it."
    Hey, he sounds content to watch someone successful in front of him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    *snicker*

so now it's '09/10?

....you're killin' me, man......
    You know as well as I do, that there have been numbers from 3-5 years.

Glad to give you a laugh.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    Hey, he sounds content to watch someone successful in front of him for a while.
    Is someone other than St. Jake starting?

Is someone other than St. Jake starting?

Nope....

"Jake Plummer, I think he's got a lot of years left," Cutler said. "I think he's a great quarterback. He's been doing it in Denver the last couple of years. I'm going to go in there and compete and learn as much as I can from Jake and coach and everyone else there. I'm going to have to wait and see what happens."

"Jake Plummer, I think he's got a lot of years left," Cutler said. "I think he's a great quarterback. He's been doing it in Denver the last couple of years. I'm going to go in there and compete and learn as much as I can from Jake and coach and everyone else there. I'm going to have to wait and see what happens."
    Hey, give the guy a break.

He's only a rookie!!

Hey, give the guy a break.

He's only a rookie!!
    Yeah but, he went to Vandy so he is VERY smart.

Like I said, I am beginnig to like this kid more and more.