Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are the Broncos the new "Americas Team"???

I've heard people talking about it that the Broncos are the new Americas Team, have any of you heard anything about that??? I guess it was in the newspapers a while ago, but if anyone has any information on it let me no. And if theres any website that talks about it, let me no

no.

While it is the un-offical motto of both the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Cowboys, I don't think Denver qould qualify as such, even if it made a consious effort to position itself that way.

It generally has to be a team from a huge media market ( Top 10), and that is on national TV alot, regardless of success.

While Denver has a pretty substantial national following, as evidenced by their consistent ranking in the top 10 merch sales over the last 20 years, they are too far removed from one of the major media centers (by NFL standards....I am not saying Denver is small) to get enough natioanl TV and print coverage on a consistent basis.

Would the Broncos even WANT such a marketing moniker?

i wish but highly unlikely...we are one of the most underrated teams in the nfl...we'd have to be bad and extremely overrated like the cowpies

Quote Originally Posted by rsbudweiser15
    I've heard people talking about it that the Broncos are the new Americas Team, have any of you heard anything about that??? I guess it was in the newspapers a while ago, but if anyone has any information on it let me no. And if theres any website that talks about it, let me no
    No, they aren't.

There Cowboys are probably still the closest thing to America's team, but even that is ridiculous. There is no "America's team".

Although I would say that the Raiders are the Convicts' team.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

There are far too many Raider fans in this country. Most American football merchandise worn around here seems to be Raider. I've seen one other Broncos fan in this country in the last few months. Score

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

No.

Although Denver is ranked pretty high in the revenue department, top 10 for sure, that's more because they're Denver's team, and not America's team. Denver adores the broncos, the fact that 75% of Invesco was paid for by taxes is evidence of such.

Denver is Colorado's Team. Not America's Team.
    DARRENT WILLIAMS
    1982-2007

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Well, it looked like the Steelers were America's team for a while there, but they were just bandwagon fans...

No.
    But I believe that it is a neck and neck race between the Cowboys and the Raiders as Mexico's team.

HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPNís John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jacksonís performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Quote Originally Posted by muse
    There are far too many Raider fans in this country. Most American football merchandise worn around here seems to be Raider. I've seen one other Broncos fan in this country in the last few months. Score
    If it's anything like the U.S., a lot of non-football fans wear their gear just trying to associate themselves with the bad boy Raider image.

It's too bad there isn't a way to separate the actual fan merchandise from sad-attempt-at-making-a-statement merchandise.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

The faiders ARE mexico's team. Sadly enough, 98.4556% of mexicans in Denver are faider fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AZOmae
    No.
    But I believe that it is a neck and neck race between the Cowboys and the Raiders as Mexico's team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    The faiders ARE mexico's team. Sadly enough, 98.4556% of mexicans in Denver are faider fans.
    Hmmm? Ironic how the hispanic race is stereotypically paired with the Oakland Raiders. Sad, just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    If it's anything like the U.S., a lot of non-football fans wear their gear just trying to associate themselves with the bad boy Raider image.

It's too bad there isn't a way to separate the actual fan merchandise from sad-attempt-at-making-a-statement merchandise.
    so true

I personally don't want the Broncos to be "America's Team."

When I was growing up (in southern iowa) I couldn't find a Bronco jersey to save my life until...

They won the Super Bowl and poof all of the sudden there is Bronco stuff out of the whazzu...and what was worse was seeing people wearing it.

I grew up getting ridiculed for the three SB poundings (not alive for first one vs cowboys). I passionately defended the Broncos and especially John Elway. Usually was in conflict with someone with the Elway vs. Montana fight.

Then finally redemption...all of the critics...all of the naysayers...all of it was out of the window and would wear my catalog-ordered Bronco jerseys almost every day to school...only to start seeing others wearing it too.

These people spit in the faces of REAL fans.

The Cowboys can have that nickname...and they can have TO...

We have the best fans...and we have JW, not to mention baby TO!

Quote Originally Posted by rsbudweiser15

BTW...welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared

no.

While it is the un-offical motto of both the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Cowboys, I don't think Denver qould qualify as such, even if it made a consious effort to position itself that way.

It generally has to be a team from a huge media market ( Top 10), and that is on national TV alot, regardless of success.

While Denver has a pretty substantial national following, as evidenced by their consistent ranking in the top 10 merch sales over the last 20 years, they are too far removed from one of the major media centers (by NFL standards....I am not saying Denver is small) to get enough natioanl TV and print coverage on a consistent basis.

Would the Broncos even WANT such a marketing moniker?
    The Braves?

I've never heard that one before....
    Administrator