Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    I can appreciate what you're saying. Jake had a good year and I felt we didn't need to draft his replacement.

But by trading up to #11 to draft a quarterback, I don't know how you can interpret that any other way than Shanahan was looking to replace Plummer in the next couple of seasons. It is simple insanity to spend that high a draft pick, and to trade up to do it, for depth at any position.

I don't agree that we needed to do this. But there is no doubt in my mind that Shanahan is somehow unhappy with Jake and brought Cutler in to take his job, and probably as early as next season. (I still think Cutler should ride the bench this year.)
    What is it that Shanny says, EVERY TRAINING CAMP, about his players........?

Answer:HE BELIEVES IN COMPETITION!!!!!!!!

Before the draft, who, exactly, was Jake's competition?
    Don't say BVP.......

He's tried to get a veteran QB in for the last couple of years.....but to no avail....

....now, he has the chance groom a rookie to give Jake some competition and possibly to take over down the road............

NOTHING MORE....NOTHING LESS.....

And look....I didn't have to call Cutler any names.......
    (cough*DB*cough)
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan
    A im not here to sway no ones opinion. Im just stating what i believe. And you know it in your heart. Nobody ever says, " yeah they werent my first choice but i went anyway" Javon is going to be a great player here but you and i know both that we werent his first choice. He never proclaimed to want to go to any team specifically but his actions showed that we werent his most desired destination. Life is about reading between the lines if you dont someone will hit you between the eyes.
    DB, you're so filled with hate, that it's a wonder you can even MAKE yourself watch the team.......

NOTHING you've said, in this entire thread, bears even the REMOTEST semblence to the truth, let alone facts, about Shanny, Jake, NFL free agents, etc......

And fellow posters most likely see right through it.....or at least SHOULD!

I remember way back when, where I used to enjoy reading your posts.........

...........now, you just sound like Al Gore, screaming from a lecturn......

"THEY'RE PLAYING ON OUR FEARS!!!!!!"

men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    The reason there were less passes is really irrelavant.

The fact is, fewer pass attempts equal fewer opportunities for mistakes.

If St. Jake had made the same number of attempts in 05 as he did in 04, and only had 7 INTs, then you could make the claim that he played better.

Since that's not the case, it's purely speculation to assume he was better.

So, just exactly HOW MANY CONSECUTIVE PASSES THROWN/GAMES PLAYED, WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION IS IT, THAT CONSTITUTES "BETTER PLAY"?

And doesn't fewer pass attempts ALSO equal fewer opportunities for TD's?
    (since ya'll are lambasting him for ONLY throwing 18 td's.....)
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    So, just exactly HOW MANY CONSECUTIVE PASSES THROWN/GAMES PLAYED, WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION IS IT, THAT CONSTITUTES "BETTER PLAY"?

And doesn't fewer pass attempts ALSO equal fewer opportunities for TD's?
    (since ya'll are lambasting him for ONLY throwing 18 td's.....)

The streak was a good thing, but hardly worth anything when the playoffs started.

As far as the TDs, you haven't seen me say anything about it, other than the numbers went down with every other catagory due to the reduced attempts.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Well one thing Jay Culter is still raw and would need a lot of help the only way Jay would be a starter is if Jake goes down in this season(knock on wood ) but lets hope that will never happen. Jake got the broncos far in the play offs there is no way Mike would make him a back up for a rookie
    [IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1433/jakeplummersig76sx7hs.jpg[/IMG]

"I am a Broncos Fan
    and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic
    and Bleed Orange and Blue."

Well, if he did that, he wouldn't have anything to say.
    Uh....am I the only one to think the photographer of your cutler-av needs a class on 'showmanship'....

.....he'd make for a fine fill-in for Forrest Gump.....
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Uh....am I the only one to think the photographer of your cutler-av needs a class on 'showmanship'....

.....he'd make for a fine fill-in for Forrest Gump.....

Hey, it's a camp picture. I'll get a better one when he's the starter later this year...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Hey, it's a camp picture. I'll get a better one when he's the starter later this year...

....well, a picture like that, he may very well be starting for the Special Olympics.......

.....derr......PORK-N-BEANS!!!!!!
    :wave:
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

....well, a picture like that, he may very well be starting for the Special Olympics.......

I think Plumber is the only one who would not make the Special Olympics team... derrr pork n'picked offfffffffffff

God I hope in a couple/few years when his time comes (Cutler), I hope he isnt a bust. There is just sooooo much damn hype coming from the J-Cut fanatics.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    God I hope in a couple/few years when his time comes (Cutler), I hope he isnt a bust. There is just sooooo much damn hype coming from the J-Cut fanatics.
    Well the odds are he will be. Although being drafted to a good team might hielpit a bit.

BTW gone for the weekend take your best shots while I'm at the lake sipping several tall ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    Of course there is high expectations. Aren't there always for a 1st round pick? Not to mention a 1st round QB. JR loves to gripe about 1st round 'busts'.. and I promise you.. I PROMISE You.... unless this kid turns out to be as good as Elway, Wiz will call him a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx
    WTM...

Did you notice the Satan Jake Sect wants to hold Jake accountable for the W/L in Arizona, but when it comes to Cutler they so easily dismiss Jay's dismal W/L record due to Vandy being such a "bad program"?

Maybe someday they can admit that good QBs can play on bad teams...

PS To whom it may concern. I like Jay, he's who I wanted in the draft (other than Reggie Bush). But it will take him two full years (assuming he's not a bust) before he'll threaten Jake.

Tell Kizla my prediction is: The only way Jay Cutler will start this year is if Plummer is injured.

I also predict Kizla will say something else stupid within a week.
    You're right, a good QB can play on a bad team. It is still a team sport, after all. Even Elway had to have decent talent around him in the Reeves era for him to get to those Super Bowls. Jake was on a cursed franchise in Arizona.

But I'll disagree with you about it taking Cutler a full two years to challenge Jake. I think next year's starting QB spot will be up for grabs. (Also assuming he's not a bust.)

And maybe someday, the Church of St. Jake will admit that average QBs can play on good teams (just like Jake).
    Ha, so you've upgraded Jake to "average"? Will wonders never cease?!

But your point is also true, in addition to Lvbronx's.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    If thats the case, we are going to replace an AVERAGE QB with a Below average one.

Have you checked his college record recently??

Looks to be pretty "below average" to me.

But oh well, he has LOADS of potential.

So did Ryan LEaf.

Lvbronx pointed out that a good QB can play on a bad team. I agree with that. And I think that applies to Cutler and his team in college. Being named the SEC's player of the year despite being on a losing team should be proof of that being the general opinion about him.

But right now the only things Cutler's situation has in common with Leaf's situation is that they are both QBs and that you can never tell for sure which draft picks will pan out until they actually play in real games.

IMO, people claiming that Cutler is below average is just as silly as those claiming he's great. We simply do not know yet, at least on a professional level. Personally, I have high hopes for the kid.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

What is it that Shanny says, EVERY TRAINING CAMP, about his players........?

Answer:HE BELIEVES IN COMPETITION!!!!!!!!

Before the draft, who, exactly, was Jake's competition?
    Don't say BVP.......

He's tried to get a veteran QB in for the last couple of years.....but to no avail....

....now, he has the chance groom a rookie to give Jake some competition and possibly to take over down the road............

NOTHING MORE....NOTHING LESS.....

And look....I didn't have to call Cutler any names.......
    (cough*DB*cough)
    Sure, competition is great. But no matter how strongly Shanny believes in that philosophy, he isn't dumb enough to invest that high a draft pick, and as much money as we're going to be paying Cutler, on somebody to keep Jake from resting on his laurels. Draft somebody in the 2nd or 3rd round for competition not with the 11th overall pick.

RC, do you really think Shanny would draft a player that high and for the big bucks if he thought there was a decent chance he would hardly play for 3 or more years, as some have suggested? Do you think he's immune from the need/desire to have high draft picks actually produce?

As I've said on numerous occasions, I think this was an unnecessary move by Shanahan. Plummer was doing the job for us and getting better each year. But this isn't a matter of my or anybody else's opinion of Plummer; it's a matter of what Shanny's intent was when trading up to #11 in order to draft Cutler. And I think that intent was to replace Plummer in the near future, not 3 years down the road. But of course we won't know for at least a year... maybe.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I would have expected something a little more mature from you RC.

Am I surprised? No, but very disappointed.