Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Here's a Jake pic for comparison

yes, that's much better!!!! LOL : -)

#TEBOWDOMINATES...Love Orange and Blue Gators and Broncos!

Jake Plummer will always be my #1 Quarterback!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    Okay, Mark Kiszla is obviously a sensationalist. But I still think this prognostication by him is way out there. It seems to take more cahones than anything because readers will likely throw this back in his face if he's wrong. But then again he can crow about it if he's right. Anyway, here's a link and a snippet:

Now, he gives a rationale for that statement but I think it's an awfully bold one to make, regardless. What do you think? Is it possible that Cutler takes over at some point this season? Or is this all a matter of a "journalist" trying to spark readers' interest?
    This means nothing, everybody has an opinion about who is starting where, if shanny comes out and predicts Cutler to start this year then i will belive it since he is the coach and not some two-bit sports writer. Plus i think shanny learned his lesson about starting an inexperanced QB when he started Griese over Brister at the last minute right after the pre-season was over, that team was a superbowl team and the qb position caused it to crash and burn that season. 6-10 record
    Last edited by theshiverman; 05-27-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    This means nothing, everybody has an opinion about who is starting where, if shanny comes out and predicts Cutler to start this year then i will belive it since he is the coach and not some two-bit sports writer. Plus i think shanny learned his lesson about starting an inexperanced QB when he started Griese over Brister at the last minute right after the pre-season was over, that team was a superbowl team and the qb position caused it to crash and burn that season. 6-10 record

You are right. Starting Cutler too early would not be good. This team doesn't have half the talent that Greise had when he was handed the keys to Shanahan's Cadillac.

I remember all the talk leading up to the start of that season about how it didn't matter who was the starting Qb, all they had to do was hand the ball off to TD, and occasionally get the ball to Sharpe, Rod, and Eddy mac.

Well, we all know how that season started out and ended up.

Okay, Mark Kiszla is obviously a sensationalist.
    More than that, Kiszla is an idiot who ignores what he doesn't want to see in order to write sensationalistic stories that are more opinion than fact.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Quote Originally Posted by rogue719
    More than that, Kiszla is an idiot who ignores what he doesn't want to see in order to write sensationalistic stories that are more opinion than fact.
    Thats what sensationalism does. He doesn't need fact..he posts an opinion that will seem to spark outrage at his remarks. He chooses a side the is unpopular, and what some don't like to hear so that they WILL shout and scream back. Then what do those people do after they scream back?? They pick up his next article to see what they can scream about this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGirl
    yes, that's much better!!!! LOL : -)
    Jake looks completely different from those two photos. Can hardly tell it's him.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rogue719
    Hey Rogue,

That's why it's called an "editorial."

Kiszla isn't reporting news, he's giving OPINION.

It might help if you learned the difference.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    You are right. Starting Cutler too early would not be good. This team doesn't have half the talent that Greise had when he was handed the keys to Shanahan's Cadillac.

I remember all the talk leading up to the start of that season about how it didn't matter who was the starting Qb, all they had to do was hand the ball off to TD, and occasionally get the ball to Sharpe, Rod, and Eddy mac.

I agree starting Cutler would not be greatest situation for us because I think it will benifet him staying behind Jake for a year. IF.. he had to come in for us I think he will manage just fine. Also think out of all QB's drafted this years he has the potential to some big things early in dealing with NFL game spead and releasing ball quickly.

With weapons we have.. I wouldnt go that far.. They drafted people and pick up in UDFA.. with people that have great hands. Of course the draft is ofr the future and think Scheffler and that FB we picked up will be able to catch great for him down the road (dibatable but may the best FB and TE's hands in draft)

Why I don't worry if he came in because majority of time he we be handing off and play action and with a minimized playbook untill he can learn the entire offense.

So in addition I hope he sits for a year because Plummer is our best bet for winning this season.. but when Cutler learns the playbook he will be dangerous because of his coach minded ability and able to call plays at the line.

I remember how all the seasons started and ended but you can't compair him to griese his first

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    Hey Rogue,

That's why it's called an "editorial."

Kiszla isn't reporting news, he's giving OPINION.

It might help if you learned the difference.
    I have been noticing that a lot when people hear the word Plummer our Cutler starting.. It seems like all they want to do is argue.

Regardind that "editorial" which is well writen. It is his own opinion. Cutler could start and think he we be well off with us his first year under Shanahan. I don't think he will start because it is my opinion that he will be better off sitting back learning the offense like Palmer did.

Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    I have been noticing that a lot when people hear the word Plummer our Cutler starting.. It seems like all they want to do is argue.

Regardind that "editorial" which is well writen. It is his own opinion. Cutler could start and think he we be well off with us his first year under Shanahan. I don't think he will start because it is my opinion that he will be better off sitting back learning the offense like Palmer did.

Exactly its Kiszla's opinion. At least he didn't blast Plummer in fact he was rather easy on him. Maybe Kiszla's going soft in his old age.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Yes, to this day in my mind it goes down as one of shanny's worst moves, Brister had a bad pre-season but he was a veteran and had experance in the system and with the team and the players liked him and belived he could lead them back to the playoffs, the year before Brister stepped in and started 4 games for Denver when Elway went down with injuries, Brister went 4-0 his stats werent bad either
    pass att 86
    completions 52
    yards 621
    Touchdowns 8
    interceptons 2
    ran for 38 yards and 1 Touchdown
    Basically they never missed a beat on offense and i think starting greise over the well liked and trusted Brister messed that locker room up that year and some players tanked on Greise, Brister should have been given at least 4 games to start the season and shake off the pre-season rust before he was benched.

Okay, Mark Kiszla is obviously a sensationalist. But I still think this prognostication by him is way out there. It seems to take more cahones than anything because readers will likely throw this back in his face if he's wrong. But then again he can crow about it if he's right. Anyway, here's a link and a snippet:

Now, he gives a rationale for that statement but I think it's an awfully bold one to make, regardless. What do you think? Is it possible that Cutler takes over at some point this season? Or is this all a matter of a "journalist" trying to spark readers' interest?
    The most idiotic prediction yet. Why ****-can the season by starting a rookie QB when we were only 1 game away from a super bowl appearance last season?
    This space for rent

I know he sucks, you know he sucks, the broncos know he sucks, Jay Cutler knows he sucks, the league knows he sucks, the steelers know he sucks, his momma knows he sucks, his girlfriend knows he sucks, the state of arizona knows he sucks, John Elway knows he sucks, shannon sharpe knows he sucks and he is the joke of the league.

CONCLUSION

He Sucks. All jokes aside, realisticlly if the Broncos cut Jake Plummer today, would he be starting ANYWHERE in this league. Just think about it. He would be a backup. Regardless of what he has done in our SYSTEM. BACK UP. understand that. Jakes doesnt make the broncos great. The broncos make Jake Above AVERAGE.

showing the maturity off again huh..cutler will NOT be any better this year at QB then plummer PERIOD .. anytime you start a rookie QB unless its ben rothlisbegre .. hes gonna go through some growing pains period..and wether the offense was "dumbed" down or not .. plummer allowed us by making plays when he had to and not making mistakes.. in others he went what 5-6games without throwing a INT or something like that.. i like plummer but i think he has reached his peak.. i dont think we can get any bettr out of him but its better then some rookie ... let Cutler take over for jake in the games taht are over and A ton of preseason
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy
    I know he sucks, you know he sucks, the broncos know he sucks, Jay Cutler knows he sucks, the league knows he sucks, the steelers know he sucks, his momma knows he sucks, his girlfriend knows he sucks, the state of arizona knows he sucks, John Elway knows he sucks, shannon sharpe knows he sucks and he is the joke of the league.

CONCLUSION

He Sucks. All jokes aside, realisticlly if the Broncos cut Jake Plummer today, would he be starting ANYWHERE in this league. Just think about it. He would be a backup. Regardless of what he has done in our SYSTEM. BACK UP. understand that. Jakes doesnt make the broncos great. The broncos make Jake Above AVERAGE.

showing the maturity off again huh..cutler will NOT be any better this year at QB then plummer PERIOD .. anytime you start a rookie QB unless its ben rothlisbegre .. hes gonna go through some growing pains period..and wether the offense was "dumbed" down or not .. plummer allowed us by making plays when he had to and not making mistakes.. in others he went what 5-6games without throwing a INT or something like that.. i like plummer but i think he has reached his peak.. i dont think we can get any bettr out of him but its better then some rookie ... let Cutler take over for jake in the games taht are over and A ton of preseason

"You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"