Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    Thanks for at least saying anything's possible.

To some in the church, there's no way under the sun that Cutler will be able to play QB until 2009 or 2010.
    I don't subscribe to that particular religion. But neither am I in the Cutler Cult.

I personally don't know what to expect from Cutler, although I obviously hope for the best. I do look forward to seeing him play and finding out if he can live up to the hype.

In contrast, we do know what to expect from Jake. And while I'm sure you have many negative expections you could express, my expectations are a bit higher. I don't think he's a premier QB in this league but I do think he's pretty good overall and I still think he has it in him to play well enough for us to go all the way, assuming the rest of the team does their part.

Unless Jake regresses, I don't think Cutler will start this season. It just makes sense to let him learn for a year while Jake gives it another shot. I understand that you don't like our chances with Jake and so I also understand why you want Cutler to start this year. But since I disagree with your overly low opinion of Plummer, I can't see why he wouldn't continue to be the starter, for this season at least.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Thanks for at least saying anything's possible.

To some in the church, there's no way under the sun that Cutler will be able to play QB until 2009 or 2010.
    Actually not only the church but a whole lot of other people also. Maybe not 2009, but more like 2008.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=63448
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Quote Originally Posted by broncos4ever
    Actually not only the church but a whole lot of other people also. Maybe not 2009, but more like 2008.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=63448
    I guess you have to be in the church to see that in those articles. I read them all and nowhere does it say he won't start until 09 or later.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

I guess you have to be in the church to see that in those articles. I read them all and nowhere does it say he won't start until 09 or later.

I love church. It starts my week off on such a positive note. Especially when the Broncos win.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    Nope....
    If one thinks Cutler will just sit back and hold the playbook and be happy for 2-3 years I snicker. Cutler will take Shanahan into the huddle with him.

One year for Mr. Jake and then he has hot lead up his britches.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan
    I know he sucks, you know he sucks, the broncos know he sucks, Jay Cutler knows he sucks, the league knows he sucks, the steelers know he sucks, his momma knows he sucks, his girlfriend knows he sucks, the state of arizona knows he sucks, John Elway knows he sucks, shannon sharpe knows he sucks and he is the joke of the league.
    Criticizing players is fine. This is not. Use some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    If one thinks Cutler will just sit back and hold the playbook and be happy for 2-3 years I snicker. Cutler will take Shanahan into the huddle with him.

That is a good thing also. Maybe he will work even harder and become that much better. He still won't start until Shanny says so. If he is happy or unhappy it won't matter because he is still on the team and it's not like he can really just sit out since he already is. Cutler will be happy that he is on a winning team and if he isn't on a winning team he will be happy because he will be starting. I see Jake starting this season and the next then it becomming a real challenge to keep the spot.

Hopefully all of this just pushes both players and makes them both that much better.

I'd guess that you have not seen Jake play much either it will be hot and competitive during the 2007 season and time will telll.

Absolutely right!!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

As much as I feel confident that Cutler (unless just a total bust) will be the starter in '07... I don't think it will matter if he's happy about holding a clipboard or not. He was drafted by the Broncos, and is under contract with the Broncos... and will only start when Shanahan says so.

I just think that Shanahan will say so in '07.

JAY should start for the Broncos...

and if he does really good he can replace Jake...plummer...

If he was starting for the Broncos, he would have ALREADY replaced Plummer (unless Plummer was injured).

Regardless, I don't see it happening this year. We'll take a play out of the Bengals book (I bet that hasn't happened in years) and let our future QB sit for a bit and learn until he's ready.

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosMania80
    If he did start wouldn't that mean he replaced him

can you explain why

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosMania80
    JAY should start for the Broncos...

That's an awfully general statement. Do you mean this year? If so, that's very unlikely unless we have a meaningless game at the end of the season.

And you say "if he does really good" but that would have to mean Plummer and the team weren't doing really good. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

Next year is soon enough for open competition on the job.

And even then Cutler will have to earn the job, it isn't going to just be given to him. Here's to great competition for the starting job... next year.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

can a brutha get a thread merged?
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!