Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I am not a Jake basher, nor do I think he is great. He is our starter, so I support that. I think things changed when he replaced Griese. However, I see some flaws that cannot be ignored. Jake will be our starter when the season opens, but I have a feeling that might change during the season.

I will try to be careful what I say as to not speak ill will against him. I just feel in my gut that there is going to be a circumstance that will open the door for Cutler to come in and start. What that circumstance is?......I really cant say. but mark my words.....we will see Jay start sometime this year and He will priobably remain there for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    Actually that is completely wrong. The reason there was less passing is because we where ahead in almost every game straight from the beginning. What does a running team do when they get ahead? HMMMMMM that is a hard one to figure out but I'll let you ponder it for a while.

NOPE. (See Cutler)

Ball in Jakes Hands - BAD
    Ball out of Jakes Hands - GOOD (See Cutler)

We ran the Ball no less and no more than any of the previous seasons. Dumbed Down.
    Last edited by MilitantDBFan; 05-26-2006 at 09:12 AM.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    dude.. have some faith...

plummer will play if he is half dead... cos he is plummer... and like the british queen... he does not live life by our mere mortal rules...

was i showing i didnt have faith ..

Plummer is still fairly young.............or I should say, not old. And he has a good 5 years left if they wanted him that long. But the Broncos drafted Cutler because they see the same things some of us do. Plummer is not a Quarterback that can win a game with his skills. He's more of a QB that can basically hold a lead, and with a good Defense, not lose. ..................Big difference. We overachieved last year. Even though I really thought we would go 13-3 last year. We had alot of close calls that could have been loses. Baltimore...............12-10 if I remember correctly. Lelie not having many receptions might not be his fault. I think Jake looks at his primary target, and after that, he gets lost. It will be a very interesting season to say the least. We are so fricken talented, all across the board. There is no reason in hell we shouldn't be right back in the AFC championship game and then the Super bowl. But unfortunately, it's all on Jakes shoulders how far this team goes. He was responsible for 4 turnovers in the Steeler game. 2 fumbles and 2 int's.
    Last edited by HolyDiver; 05-26-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan
    NOPE. (See Cutler)

Ball in Jakes Hands - BAD
    Ball out of Jakes Hands - GOOD (See Cutler)

We ran the Ball no less and no more than any of the previous seasons. Dumbed Down.
    What is the NOPE.(See Cutler) supposed to mean?

Are you saying his team was always up but he still threw the ball? I don't see them being up a lot when he had 11 wins over the last 4 years....

We ran the ball a lot more this season do to the fact we where up....
    I can guarantee you if we would have been losing more games Jake would have had a lot more yards and passes.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    Plummer is still fairly young.............or I should say, not old. And he has a good 5 years left if they wanted him that long. But the Broncos drafted Cutler because they see the same things some of us do. Plummer is not a Quarterback that can win a game with his skills. He's more of a QB that can basically hold a lead, and with a good Defense, not lose. ..................Big difference. We overachieved last year. Even though I really thought we would go 13-3 last year. We had alot of close calls that could have been loses. Baltimore...............12-10 if I remember correctly. Lelie not having many receptions might not be his fault. I think Jake looks at his primary target, and after that, he gets lost. It will be a very interesting season to say the least. We are so fricken talented, all across the board. There is no reason in hell we shouldn't be right back in the AFC championship game and then the Super bowl. But unfortunately, it's all on Jakes shoulders how far this team goes. He was responsible for 4 turnovers in the Steeler game. 2 fumbles and 2 int's.
    How do we overachieve? I do not get this statement and a lot of people say it.

Are you saying we should have lost some of those games? As I remember it we had a good chance at winning 2 more games than we did, but we still lost those so it doesn't matter. You cannot say they shouldn't have won games because you know what.... THEY DID.

Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    was i showing i didnt have faith ..
    no... what u need is mooooooooore faith...
    thats about all that i implied...
    im just not feeling the faith... u know.. the hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah type f faith...

cos its plummers team...

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    Plummer is still fairly young.............or I should say, not old. And he has a good 5 years left if they wanted him that long. But the Broncos drafted Cutler because they see the same things some of us do. He is not a Quarterback that can win a game with his skills. He's more of a QB that can basically hold a lead, and with a good Defense, not lose. ..................Big difference. We overachieved last year. Even though I really thought we would go 13-3, or could I should say, we had alot of close calls that could have been loses. Baltimore...............12-10 if I remember correctly. Lelie not having many receptions might not be his fault. I think Jake looks at his primary target, and after that, he gets lost. It will be a very interesting season to say the least. We are so fricken talented, all across the board. There is no reason in hell we shouldn't be right back in the AFC championship game and then the Super bowl. But unfortunately, it's all on Jakes shoulders how far this team goes. He was responsible for 4 turnovers in the Steeler game. 2 fumbles and 2 int's.
    This guy speaks the truth.

REAL Recognize REAL (See Cutler)

I would hope that Jake could atleast retain his job this season, but there is a reason why the broncos TRADED UP to get Cutler. Because Jake is not the guy. He gave us NO CHANCE against the Steelers. If we are down by more than 7 at any point in a game WE ARE GOING TO LOSE WITH THIS GUY. he crumbles, absolutely crumbles when he is FORCED to throw the ball. Thats not a Quarterback its a backup Quarterback.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Another Kizla Special. We have references to the following:

1. Jake flipping everyone off.

2. Long hair, needs haircut.

3. Puns/Metaphors that he thinks are clever (look out Jake because Cutler is driving on your tail!!!!@@!!!)

Put the pieces together and we have the perfect Kizla Special. The problem with this guy is he is so condescending I have a hard time agreeing with anything he says. Why do his professional grooming tastes hold more water than mine? Why does he know how Jake Plummer NEEDS to act, as though Plummer's position in Denver beyond the QB spot was so important like, say, a governor?

Jake is a QB. Not a mayor, governor, President, or God. The dude does not owe us a thing but to win. I do expect him to win. Which he has done.

Nothing stirs up a reader/fan faster than a QB controversy. Press time increases, debate is picked apart and debated again.

I'm as excited as anyone to see what Cutler can do. He comes in, tears up camp, and has a great pre-season, this QB Controversy will reah astronomical proportions.

Jake Plummer is now walking a fine line. The pressure is getting to him already, obviously. He will either step up or crumble.

And if he does crumble, Shanny has no qualms about sweeping him out the door.

Kizla does make the point we do have a stong running game and good defense-just like Pittsburgh did this last year. Perhaps the missing link to getting us over the hump is another QB.

When does camp start again?

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    What is the NOPE.(See Cutler) supposed to mean?

Are you saying his team was always up but he still threw the ball? I don't see them being up a lot when he had 11 wins over the last 4 years....

We ran the ball a lot more this season do to the fact we where up....
    I can guarantee you if we would have been losing more games Jake would have had a lot more yards and passes.

(See Cutler) = Why did the broncos draft him. Because their faith in Jake has dissapeared. They arent gonna turn the reigns over to Jay yet, but they drafted Jay because Plummer DID NOT and HAS NOT got it done. Why because he cant throw for Jack Diddley Squat.

When it was 14-0 against the colts we had no shot why, because we had to depend on this guy. He cant throw ON PURPOSE to save his life. Ive had it with this guy, obviously Mike has too.(See Cutler)

Sorry 20 Picks....

2004 521 pass attempts, 255 yds a game, 27tdz and 20 picks

2005 456 pass attempts, 210 yds a game 18tdz and 7 picks

DUMBED DOWN. You dont need a quote look at the facts. Need i say more. Jake was RESTRICTED last season, treated like a rookie, a little puppy, why? Because he friggin sucks. What you know about that?

I know he sucks, you know he sucks, the broncos know he sucks, Jay Cutler knows he sucks, the league knows he sucks, the steelers know he sucks, his momma knows he sucks, his girlfriend knows he sucks, the state of arizona knows he sucks, John Elway knows he sucks, shannon sharpe knows he sucks and he is the joke of the league.

CONCLUSION

He Sucks. All jokes aside, realisticlly if the Broncos cut Jake Plummer today, would he be starting ANYWHERE in this league. Just think about it. He would be a backup. Regardless of what he has done in our SYSTEM. BACK UP. understand that. Jakes doesnt make the broncos great. The broncos make Jake Above AVERAGE.

Bottom line is every time Jake drops back and he is not rollin out, your heart stops when he releases that ball and that TV screen slides over because you know in your heart something BAD is going to happen. Mike knows that too (see Cutler).

Sounds like we got another fan that expects every Q.B. that takes the helm as the Broncos stater to be as good as if not better than Elway was....

News flash - no one will ever match what John did for the Broncos and the game of football in general....

Jake Plummer has led the Broncos to a 33-15 record since he became the Broncos starting Q.B. (granted he missed a couple games in 2003 - so our record would have been even better if Gus Forgot/Danny Kanell wasn't our Q.B. for those games)....

Bottom line - the Broncos have made the playoffs every year since Jake took over -no team wins the S.B. every year - I know we hold the Broncos up on a pedistal and we especially judge the Broncos starting Q.B.'s like they better be perfect or they suck (call it the John Elway effect) - but come on - if a team is winning every year chances are they are going to be picking very late in the 1st round, so, getting a franchise type Q.B. in the draft is not very likely - and chances of getting a McNabb/Manning type free agent is even less likely - who should be the Broncos starting Q.B.??? ---> Brian Griese

We did an excellent job in trading picks the last couple years that allowed us the opportunity to draft a franchise type Q.B. for the future....

But for now - Jake is our starter and probably will be for the next 2 years or so....

ok TOP, mtnman. . . . get in there!!
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Well . . .

My impression all along has been Kizla is as dumb as his goofy smile.

He didn't say anything here to dissuade me from that impression . . .

-----

(See Cutler) = Why did the broncos draft him. Because their faith in Jake has dissapeared. They arent gonna turn the reigns over to Jay yet, but they drafted Jay because Plummer DID NOT and HAS NOT got it done. Why because he cant throw for Jack Diddley Squat.

When it was 14-0 against the colts we had no shot why, because we had to depend on this guy. He cant throw ON PURPOSE to save his life. Ive had it with this guy, obviously Mike has too.(See Cutler)
    What do the Colts have to do with anything. You do Shanny has said and even before Jake got here that it takes untill at least the third year in his system to be affective. Look at Jake now 3rd year he goes 13-3 and goes to the AFC Championship game.

You have no clue why they drafted him. Maybe Shanny saw that as the only position that really lacked depth and went out to get the best depth possible. Also, in the Colts games they scored what like 100 points in the 2. I dont think that you should ever expect your QB to get 50 points a game. That is the defense letting it get completely out of hand. Just like the Pitt game. I think you need to realize that this is a team game and that the QB is not the one to blame for losses. In the last 3 playoff games that we have lost there was a dominant offense that just tore us up.