How would you feel about Lelie for Chris Brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipes
    <- the man!
    • Feb 2005

Chris Brown has never found an injured list that he didn't like.

Personally...I am a Tater-apologist...but if we were to get a RB, I'd prefer Thomas Jones. I would take Brown over Duckett though.

Comment

• GridironChamp
      Pioli's right hand man
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by West
      I could care less if my opinion of the RB situation is suppose to be left out of this, Mike Bell is the future, I am sorry that comes as a shock to yall. We didn't draft a back all draft BECAUSE we knew we were going to sign a 3rd-4th round caliber RB in UDFA. Many teams tryed to draft him but he refused, THAT was stated and he said he would only play for the Broncos. Remember the last time a player held out for another franchise cause he wanted to play for us? Seven didn't fare to bad did he?

I would like Greg Jones but I personally believe the Jags are REAL high on that kid and he is Fred Taylor's replacement when he decides to roll out to the praire.

Chris Brown would be nice, he is a home grown kid(well not really, he actually transfered to CU from Northwestern) and I think he has some skills but frankly he has some injury problems along with heavy fumbling problems. (CU vs. CSU a couple years ago)
      Mike Bell, second string RB from Arizona right?

And he is supposed to come right in to the NFL and start being the "future" of the Broncos great running team of the past?......That sounds kind farfetched to me.

I would prefer if you guys kept the RB's you had, yes i think Dayne can be a very formible starting RB in your system, but i would much rather face him than any RB' s mentioned in the first post, especially either Jones

BTW West, i doubt if someone offered you an NFL contract you would turn it down if you were an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT,i dont think someone falling that far would "refused" to be draft, if they can actually do thaht..

EDIT- sorry for extra spaces, labtop sucks for typing LOL
      Last edited by GridironChamp; 05-30-2006, 11:02 PM.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• TXBroncosFan77
        Practice Squad
        • Apr 2006

I have been a big chris brown fan since is CU days and am still a fan of his today. Always draft him in fantasy leagues. But he has been and always be injury prone. Since his days as a buffalo till now. he always has some nagging injury. just not worth giving up lelie for him.

Broncos will be stuck with Lelir for this year i believe. might as well just bite your lip and move along.

Comment

• West
          Professional Hell Raiser.
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by str8jacket
          i agree with you but if anyone here watched that CU VS Nebraska game, 62-36, that was his breakout game, 5 TDs and like yards in the high 200's? that was a great game, if he could just keep healthy he would be a beast!
          No it was 6 TDs, it broke the Colorado rushing TD record. He then ran for 3 TDs against Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.

Comment

• Momentum
            Banned User
            • Jun 2005

I could care less if my opinion of the RB situation is suppose to be left out of this, Mike Bell is the future, I am sorry that comes as a shock to yall. We didn't draft a back all draft BECAUSE we knew we were going to sign a 3rd-4th round caliber RB in UDFA. Many teams tryed to draft him but he refused, THAT was stated and he said he would only play for the Broncos. Remember the last time a player held out for another franchise cause he wanted to play for us? Seven didn't fare to bad did he?
            That is nice and all but the Broncos have made it known that they want to add a veteran RB in exchange for Lelie if they cant get a first.

Comment

• West
              Professional Hell Raiser.
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by GridironChamp
              Mike Bell, second string RB from Arizona right?
              Yea that's the one
              And he is supposed to come right in to the NFL and start being the "future" of the Broncos great running team of the past?......That sounds kind farfetched to me.
              Never said he was going to come right in and start, you're putting words in my mouth. I said he was the future.
              I would prefer if you guys kept the RB's you had, yes i think Dayne can be a very formible starting RB in your system, but i would much rather face him than any RB' s mentioned in the first post, especially either Jones

BTW West, i doubt if someone offered you an NFL contract you would turn it down if you were an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT,i dont think someone falling that far would "refused" to be draft, if they can actually do thaht..
              No teams had called him to draft him in the mid rounds and he refused to be picked by them because he said it was a dream of his to play for this organization. They can actually do that, Elway did it, Manning did it.

EDIT- sorry for extra spaces, labtop sucks for typing LOL
              ------------

Comment

• DAYNETRAYNE
                Practice Squad
                • Aug 2005

mike bell> terrell davis

big ups to snk16.

Comment

• jhns
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                  mike bell> terrell davis
                  Ummmmmmmm. yeaaahhhh.

Comment

• Perry1977
                    Hollow.
                    • Aug 2003

West, Mike Bell is hardly in the same league as Elway and Manning. Both of those guys were first-overall quality who said they wouldn't play for the Colts and the Chargers respectively. Well, guess what happened? Elway was drafted by the Colts, and Manning by the Chargers. So even these guys couldn't dictate which teams could and couldn't draft them.

Saying Mike Bell was sitting there telling teams they couldn't draft him so that he could become an undrafted free-agent adn sign with the Broncos is crazy. If somebody wanted him, all they had to do was put his name on their card and bang! Drafted.

Do you make this stuff up or do you just draw wild conclusions from things you read?

Comment

• Tour
                      Practice Squad
                      • Apr 2006

i wouldnt mind to trade him for a draft pick, a 3rth round or some thing, he doesnt want to play here anyway. We can use it next year to trade up a few spots if we need to, or keep it (the draft pick). we got Brandon Marshall in the 4th round, so its all about be smart with the picks and we are. I'm more excited to get a draft pick, that get a RB a little better than, what we got right now.

Besides i know a few teams who will be interested, the pats, philly, maybe pitt.

Well thats my opinion.

Comment

• BayAreaBronco
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Mar 2006

Chris Brown is an awesome at RB.

He's also awesome at being injured.

Comment

• HolyDiver
                          Practice Squad
                          • Mar 2006

We had three very good backs last year and look what happened. Dayne was inactive more than half the season. So why do you trade for Brown, whom i really like, but tell me, who would be inactive every week. Dayne, Bell or Brown. not to mention Cedric Cobbs, Mike Bell and Charlie Garner, who is also a very good, tough back. ................We need to trade Lelie for a draft pick. Even a 3rd round pick would be better than nothing.

Comment

• GridironChamp
                            Pioli's right hand man
                            • Apr 2005

------------
                            Oh, so a guy that couldnt win a starting spot in College is going to be an allstar in the NFL.....thats what i wanted to know and you answered it for me

But if you dont want Jones, or Brown for the 2-3 years it will take Mike to develope i thought that you thought he was going to start right away.

So if he will take time to develope then whats wrong with getting a better temporary RB for Lelie?

None of those players named "refused" to be drafted, they refused to sign a contract but they still got drafted. Mike Bell isnt the same, he doesnt get near as much power with a contract than a first round pick. IF a team wanted him they would have drafted him and offered him a contract, since he would have to sit out the season or sign, im pretty sure he would sign. Thats alot of money he would miss out on.

He isnt Manning, he cant garuntee that they will trade him cause he has little to no value unlike Manning did

I understand he wanted to play here, but if he is as good as your making him out to be, im sure another team (PRO SCOUTS) would have seen that and drafted him just to see if he signed.
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• HolyDiver
                              Practice Squad
                              • Mar 2006

There usually is no developing period for Bronco Runningbacks....................TD, Gary, Anderson, Portis all started as rookies.

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
                                Bench Warmer
                                • Apr 2006

I would rather have Jones because he is younger right? and he looks like he would fit our system the best. I wouldn't mind TJ Ducket who I would say is more of a rich man's version of Ron Dayne. Thomas Jones would be awesome, but I doubt the bears would want to give him up.

I'll take either Duckett or Greg Jones or a 3rd rd pick or higher.
                                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Working...
                                X