• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OaklandxxRaider
    Banned 4 life
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by GridironChamp
    This isn't smack, this is offseason talk about the Raiders.....If it smack words suck, sitnk, and dont deserve would be involved and they arent.

True you guys improved but to go from 4-12 to GOOD in one offseason when you stuck with more a 3rd down back. And when you dont know your starting QB might, will be very difficult and wont happen this year...
    Of course it'll be difficult, every year in the NFL is difficult. Shell coming back is the best hiring since gruden departed from oak-town. Its a 100% upgrade from the past 3 miserable years. And as far as goin from 4-12 to GOOD, well, it happens every year. Teams go from horrid to good...its definitely not impossible, and that will be proven this year.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

• GridironChamp
      Pioli's right hand man
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Tha rizzock
      hold up did you just say look at our RB hes very underated and a good RB behind a bad O-line look for him to break out this season they guy in his first start had 1000 yards, 70 recptions and 500 yards with 11 Tds. Our D had players hurt and added real players for the posistion just look at the roster now if not this season the next one were going to make the playoffs.
      Boy are really really setting your self up for a dissapointment.
      Im sorry and your kinda new but your being more homer than the Bronco fans on thier own BOARD

Lamount Jordan is a freaking third down back.... He catches good, runs decent but doesnt belong as a feature back. Its fine if you want to call him good enough, but 1000 yards and 11 TDs doesnt make you good.

He didnt convert good, for gods sake he was 12 in the DPAR ratings last year. barely ahead of Tater Bell (spilt carries) Bus, Fast Willie (both split carries) Corey Dillon (injured half the year) and Ricky Williams (didnt play much last year)

If you call that company around you good, well i suggest you look at other backs in the AFCW

EDIT- he was alos ranked 17 in succes rate and in the DVOA scales...once again below average, most of his company was half injured players or RB's that split carries.

Now i do think Lamont Jordan will get better, i supported him last year. He proved me wrong but i still believe he will be a good back in a year or two, but statistically he isnt lookin good
      Last edited by GridironChamp; 06-04-2006, 10:04 AM.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
        Pioli's right hand man
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
        Of course it'll be difficult, every year in the NFL is difficult. Shell coming back is the best hiring since gruden departed from oak-town. Its a 100% upgrade from the past 3 miserable years. And as far as goin from 4-12 to GOOD, well, it happens every year. Teams go from horrid to good...its definitely not impossible, and that will be proven this year.
        It can happen, but give me the most recent example of a team going from 4-12 or worse to 9-7 or better.....

Good is above average so above 8-8 is good

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Tha rizzock
          Practice Squad
          • Jun 2006

Boy are really really setting your self up for a dissapointment.
          Im sorry and your kinda new but your being more homer than the Bronco fans on thier own BOARD

Lamount Jordan is a freaking third down back.... He catches good, runs decent but doesnt belong as a feature back. Its fine if you want to call him good enough, but 1000 yards and 11 TDs doesnt make you good.

He didnt convert good, for gods sake he was 12 in the DPAR ratings last year. barely ahead of Tater Bell (spilt carries) Bus, Fast Willie (both split carries) Corey Dillon (injured half the year) and Ricky Williams (didnt play much last year)

If you call that company around you good, well i suggest you look at other backs in the AFCW

look at our O-line seriously hes underated your the first person who has ever said lamont isnt a good back. 3rd down you have got to be kidding me. Lamont will be a way better back next season i mean it was his first season starting he put up good #s and did what he could behind that O-line.

Comment

• Tha rizzock
            Practice Squad
            • Jun 2006

It can happen, but give me the most recent example of a team going from 4-12 or worse to 9-7 or better.....

Good is above average so above 8-8 is good

the raiders can get to that mark like i said it happend before.

Comment

• GridironChamp
              Pioli's right hand man
              • Apr 2005

the raiders can get to that mark like i said it happend before.
              example...... i dont see it, and i mean recent, last 2-3 years

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
                Pioli's right hand man
                • Apr 2005

look at our O-line seriously hes underated your the first person who has ever said lamont isnt a good back. 3rd down you have got to be kidding me. Lamont will be a way better back next season i mean it was his first season starting he put up good #s and did what he could behind that O-line.
                I went and edited my post, have a look at that. I said how i feel about Lamount at the bottom.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Tha rizzock
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jun 2006

example...... i dont see it, and i mean recent, last 2-3 years

the chargers in i think 03 and the pats when brady started there season if im correct.
                  Lamont put up good #s i dont no what you mean by that but he will get better i agree, Lamont will be alot better next season i see anywhere from 1200-1500 yards from him.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                    versus you
                    • Mar 2006

Look at your QB, then your RB then then your D, then just maybe then try to post intelligently

Agreed

Hmmmm how did your last SB visit go?
                    And how long has it been since you've won a SB too?
                    And they say the Raider fans bring up the past. You want to compare Superbowl ass kickings, two of ours bookending your three massive one in the 80s, a decade we held down for the AFC in the Superbowl while you embarrassed the conference with your trifecta of shalackings.

Meanwhile, in 2006...

- You have leverage on our defense, but you've looked at the bloated stats and not discected the overall picture. Rob ryan was using players out of their natural position to try and force a 3-4 scheme on a 4-3 team. That is over. We'll see if that improves, but as for your other two arguements:

- Brooks has not taken 1 single snap as a Raider and everyone is assuming he'll do what he did in New Orleans. I hope he does, all he did was light it up more than Jake Plummer could ever imagine. Everyone thinks he'll throw for -133 yards, ignoring his positives for the negatives that were also flared up by a bad team in the Bayou. Give Jake Plummer a New Orleans team and let's see how he fairs. At least he won't mess up in the post season, since he won't sniff it. He did it once with the Cards vs. Dallas IN Dallas. Impressive. At the same time, Brooks did the impossible and gave the Saints their lone playoff victory... mind you against the defending Superbowl Champions. Yeah, I'm looking at him and he looks better than you wish to realize.

- Lamont Jordan did not carry a full season's load in NY ever, hence his second half breakdown in Oakland. Not surprising. No excuses for his dropped balls though, but he won't do that consistently this coming year. Wait until this upcoming season is over, then look at our RB. Oh, and who's starting for Denver, I ask? Is it Eenie? Meenie? Miney?

Or Curly?

Comment

• BF_forever
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Nov 2005

nobody "likes" being a raider

Comment

• GridironChamp
                        Pioli's right hand man
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                        And they say the Raider fans bring up the past. You want to compare Superbowl ass kickings, two of ours bookending your three massive one in the 80s, a decade we held down for the AFC in the Superbowl while you embarrassed the conference with your trifecta of shalackings.

Meanwhile, in 2006...

- You have leverage on our defense, but you've looked at the bloated stats and not discected the overall picture. Rob ryan was using players out of their natural position to try and force a 3-4 scheme on a 4-3 team. That is over. We'll see if that improves, but as for your other two arguements:

- Brooks has not taken 1 single snap as a Raider and everyone is assuming he'll do what he did in New Orleans. I hope he does, all he did was light it up more than Jake Plummer could ever imagine. Everyone thinks he'll throw for -133 yards, ignoring his positives for the negatives that were also flared up by a bad team in the Bayou. Give Jake Plummer a New Orleans team and let's see how he fairs. At least he won't mess up in the post season, since he won't sniff it. He did it once with the Cards vs. Dallas IN Dallas. Impressive. At the same time, Brooks did the impossible and gave the Saints their lone playoff victory... mind you against the defending Superbowl Champions. Yeah, I'm looking at him and he looks better than you wish to realize.

- Lamont Jordan did not carry a full season's load in NY ever, hence his second half breakdown in Oakland. Not surprising. No excuses for his dropped balls though, but he won't do that consistently this coming year. Wait until this upcoming season is over, then look at our RB. Oh, and who's starting for Denver, I ask? Is it Eenie? Meenie? Miney?

Or Curly?
                        What are you talking about, you quote me, then talk about history then the Raiders....Im confused

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
                          Pioli's right hand man
                          • Apr 2005

the chargers in i think 03 and the pats when brady started there season if im correct.
                          Lamont put up good #s i dont no what you mean by that but he will get better i agree, Lamont will be alot better next season i see anywhere from 1200-1500 yards from him.
                          Brady was about 5 years ago, but OK they got a new QB more or less a whole new team. You guys have the same team besides a couple rookies that you hope will succeed.

The Chargers now thats a good one. You found one team out of 32 teams in the past 3 years that did what your hoping too. That translates to a 1 in 96 chance of yous guys doing it :wave: Good odds huh?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Tha rizzock
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jun 2006

Brady was about 5 years ago, but OK they got a new QB more or less a whole new team. You guys have the same team besides a couple rookies that you hope will succeed.

The Chargers now thats a good one. You found one team out of 32 teams in the past 3 years that did what your hoping too. That translates to a 1 in 96 chance of yous guys doing it :wave: Good odds huh?

you have got to be kidding me we added a real strong side LB and another sack machine him and derric will have double digit sacks no problem. our coaching staff will help i have faith in the raiders they have done it before.

Comment

• Tha rizzock
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BF_forever
                              nobody "likes" being a raider

ok how would you no that?

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                                versus you
                                • Mar 2006

What are you talking about, you quote me, then talk about history then the Raiders....Im confused
                                You brought up our past and I held a mirror to your face to look at your's. It's a game they call tit for tat. You did tit. I did tat.

Comment

Working...
                                X