View Poll Results: How many sacks will Dumervil have in 2006

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 3

    23 33.82%
  • 4 -7

    45 66.18%
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 350
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    147

    Dumervil will be a BEAST!

    Bronco Nagurski Award (nationís defensive player of the year)

    All-American first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report and American Football Coaches Association

    Walter Camp Football Foundation Top Ten Player of the Year honors

    All-Big East Conference first-team pick and Defensive Player of the Year

    He is in great company as Champ won the Bronco Nagurski Award in 1998. I may be drunk off the Dumervil kool-aid but I from what G. Warren and A. Wilson have said watch out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    Bronco Nagurski Award (nationís defensive player of the year)

    All-American first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report and American Football Coaches Association

    Walter Camp Football Foundation Top Ten Player of the Year honors

    All-Big East Conference first-team pick and Defensive Player of the Year

    He is in great company as Champ won the Bronco Nagurski Award in 1998. I may be drunk off the Dumervil kool-aid but I from what G. Warren and A. Wilson have said watch out!

    You forgot to add "Is compared to Dwight Freeney!" That alone should have told everyone in the NFL universe that he's going to be a stud!

    "Hello, hello, hello, hello.........."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Wow, people are putting so much stock in Dumerville be a stud because of "in commons" he has with a good player.

    You the know the last Bronco that had alot of "in commons" with a good player was Wesely Duke. And some homer fans are gonna keep telling you he was released due to knee surgerory. Well if he was the next Gates im pretty sure you would keep him on IR until he is better His performance in NFLE was his last chance to prove to Denver that he deserved to be there, and obvisiouly he didnt.

    So my point?
    SOmetimes i may be wrong, most the time i will be right But the last a situation like Dumerville came up i was right, and i think i will be this time. Dumerville might serve as a great 3rd down Pass Rush DE, but nothing more, and he can power rush like Freeny. Freeny may use his speed mostely but he will bull rush you if your on your heels. If Dumerville does that, he gets inside big Tackles and get manhandled.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Posts
    345
    T8K---> You're right on. Its all in the Sig baby!

    He might be 9/16 of an inch shorter than Dwight Freeney, so everyone says he's too short. Let his production this season speak for itself I say.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by MTRaiderHater
    T8K---> You're right on. Its all in the Sig baby!

    He might be 9/16 of an inch shorter than Dwight Freeney, so everyone says he's too short. Let his production this season speak for itself I say.

    LMAO

    Dwight Freeny is 6'1"
    and your so called "next" Dwight Freeny is 5'11" thats two inches in case you cant count....
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Wow, people are putting so much stock in Dumerville be a stud because of "in commons" he has with a good player.

    You the know the last Bronco that had alot of "in commons" with a good player was Wesely Duke. And some homer fans are gonna keep telling you he was released due to knee surgerory. Well if he was the next Gates im pretty sure you would keep him on IR until he is better His performance in NFLE was his last chance to prove to Denver that he deserved to be there, and obvisiouly he didnt.

    So my point?
    SOmetimes i may be wrong, most the time i will be right But the last a situation like Dumerville came up i was right, and i think i will be this time. Dumerville might serve as a great 3rd down Pass Rush DE, but nothing more, and he can power rush like Freeny. Freeny may use his speed mostely but he will bull rush you if your on your heels. If Dumerville does that, he gets inside big Tackles and get manhandled.
    I disagree with your Duke comparison. The "in-commons" factor with Duke was solely athletic ability. The "in-commons" with Dumervil is not only sheer athletic ability but also a lot of statistical evidence as well as prestigous awards.

    I think Dumervil will be a beast too!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele
    I disagree with your Duke comparison. The "in-commons" factor with Duke was solely athletic ability. The "in-commons" with Dumervil is not only sheer athletic ability but also a lot of statistical evidence as well as prestigous awards.

    I think Dumervil will be a beast too!
    That he earned during when the first half of the season when no one knew who he was?

    Did you know Dumervil had 14-17 sacks in the first half of his season and only 6-3 in the last half....Thats because he was actually gettting blocked now.

    We will see, when Dumervil plays about 15 plays in a game....
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    LMAO

    Dwight Freeny is 6'1"
    and your so called "next" Dwight Freeny is 5'11" thats two inches in case you cant count....
    Well, if you want to get picky and techical, Dumervil is actually 5-11 7/16, whereas Freeney is 6-0 9/16. That is a difference of 1 1/8".

    Just in case you can't count.

    -----
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-07-2006 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,455
    Dumervil has all the physical criteria to be a good pass rusher, but IMO, at best he will fight for a rotation on the defensive line.

    It is an interesting possibility however to plug him in at DT oppoiste warren and see how he does with about 15 more lbs (he has the frame for t)
    Blet

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    That he earned during when the first half of the season when no one knew who he was?

    WooHoo!

    Thanks for the coherent sentence.

    Anyway, I would like to point out that Elvis is actually 5'11 7/16" tall. Thare are many places on the web like this that reference him as 6'0'' tall. While Dwight F. might be close to 6'1" tall, he isn't very much taller than Elvis. Every team has a fudge factor when listing the various statistics of there players. Players also want to be viewed by their competitors as the best possible specimen of a football player. An NFL player is really only measured publicly once in his lifetime-- prior to the NFL Draft. So Dwight F.'s height may be anywhere from 6'0"-6'1", but since he has been playing at a profession level in a combat sport for most of his life, his spine has probably been compressed about a half an inch since he entered the NFL. Also, since the average person's height varies as much as 1/4" from morning to evening, Elvis and Dwight could be as close as 3/8 of an inch in height, depending on the time of day they are measured.

    In closing, I would like to say that the point here is that two atheletes cannot be seperated into "too small" and "has good size" categories because of a few fractions of an inch. There are far to many characteristics of a good football player that are ignored when these assessments are made. That is why you hear about "immeasureables," because they can't be measured.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Well, if you want to get picky and techical, Dumerville is actually 5-11 7/16, whereas Freeney is 6-0 9/16. That is a difference of 1 1/8".

    Just in case you can't count.

    -----
    What did the five fingers say to the face.......SMACK!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Wow, people are putting so much stock in Dumerville be a stud because of "in commons" he has with a good player.

    You the know the last Bronco that had alot of "in commons" with a good player was Wesely Duke. And some homer fans are gonna keep telling you he was released due to knee surgerory. Well if he was the next Gates im pretty sure you would keep him on IR until he is better His performance in NFLE was his last chance to prove to Denver that he deserved to be there, and obvisiouly he didnt.

    So my point?
    SOmetimes i may be wrong, most the time i will be right But the last a situation like Dumerville came up i was right, and i think i will be this time. Dumerville might serve as a great 3rd down Pass Rush DE, but nothing more, and he can power rush like Freeny. Freeny may use his speed mostely but he will bull rush you if your on your heels. If Dumerville does that, he gets inside big Tackles and get manhandled.

    Your comparison to Duke/Gates isn't neccessarily correlative to the Freeney/Dumervil comparion.

    Duke was either going to be a complete hit or miss. Players like him are always going to be. Ones that have great athletic ability, but haven't played since HS. Duke hadn't ever really proved himself.

    Obviously, or so it seems to Shanny, Duke was a miss.

    Dumervil is compared to Freeney because he played against a similar level of competition, got roughly the same stats, and is roughly the same size.

    And I'm really tired of people saying,''All of Dumervil's stats came against weak teams.'' 20 sacks is 20 sacks, people. I didn't know half of Louisville's schedule was against Div. II schools. No one seemed to say anything when Suggs was manhandled all day by 18-year old Ritchie Incognito, when he racked up 20+ sacks.
    Go Huskers.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,170
    There is a lot of players out there that came out of college and scouts said they were too short. Here some examples of what i'm talking about: Zach Thomas, Dwight Freeney, Darrent Williams, and here's the best one Sam Mills. And thats just on defence off the top of my head. Just because a player is labled 'too short' doesn't mean he can't play. One thing about all those players is they have great instincts. What i mean they have the ability to see plays before they happen and get to the ball and be one step ahead of everyone else. that goes toward filling any size or talent gap. I don't know how many of you read some of the draft guides but i do and in one of the magazines it talks about players with good defenive instincts and they said a good pick would be DE Elvis Dumervil. Last year we draft Darrent Williams and everyone said he was to short play, it was wasted pick, he's nothin more than a kick returner. Now look at him. He brought a aggressive play making ability to the Broncos that the Broncos hadn't had in a while. To me Dumervil will be fixture on the Dline for years to come.
    Last edited by D.J.55; 06-05-2006 at 02:23 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,761
    Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    Bronco Nagurski Award (nationís defensive player of the year)

    All-American first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report and American Football Coaches Association

    Walter Camp Football Foundation Top Ten Player of the Year honors

    All-Big East Conference first-team pick and Defensive Player of the Year

    He is in great company as Champ won the Bronco Nagurski Award in 1998. I may be drunk off the Dumervil kool-aid but I from what G. Warren and A. Wilson have said watch out!
    It's nice... but all of them awards are college awards.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by MTRaiderHater
    WooHoo!

    Thanks for the coherent sentence.

    Anyway, I would like to point out that Elvis is actually 5'11 7/16" tall. Thare are many places on the web like this that reference him as 6'0'' tall. While Dwight F. might be close to 6'1" tall, he isn't very much taller than Elvis. Every team has a fudge factor when listing the various statistics of there players. Players also want to be viewed by their competitors as the best possible specimen of a football player. An NFL player is really only measured publicly once in his lifetime-- prior to the NFL Draft. So Dwight F.'s height may be anywhere from 6'0"-6'1", but since he has been playing at a profession level in a combat sport for most of his life, his spine has probably been compressed about a half an inch since he entered the NFL. Also, since the average person's height varies as much as 1/4" from morning to evening, Elvis and Dwight could be as close as 3/8 of an inch in height, depending on the time of day they are measured.

    In closing, I would like to say that the point here is that two atheletes cannot be seperated into "too small" and "has good size" categories because of a few fractions of an inch. There are far to many characteristics of a good football player that are ignored when these assessments are made. That is why you hear about "immeasureables," because they can't be measured.

    Yeah ok, and this does what?
    He said they were ore or less the same hieght i just pointed out the correct heights.

    BTW size matters in the NFL for the normal player, occansionally you get a player or two that is undersized that it works out for..........

    And so this helps Dumervile's case how? He still isnt Dwight Freeny in anyway possible, including height. So you can drop that idea, if you are trying to compare them two.

    Note: can you be anymore of a Homer at this moment? saying that Freeny might be shorter but not saying Dumbervile could be...
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •