View Poll Results: How many sacks will Dumervil have in 2006

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 3

    23 33.82%
  • 4 -7

    45 66.18%
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 350
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I don't know if Dumervil will be a beast or not only time will tell. What I do know is that there if he only makes a career out being a pass rush specialist there is no dishonor in that . I would rather have that happen than draft a first or second round bust.
    That's a fair statement. Of course his size does not mean he can't be a beast but it is a factor that would most likely lead to him not being a beast. Like you said, only time will tell.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    677
    these players have had success being small in the last few years:
    dwight freeney
    barry sanders
    lofa tatupu
    darrent williams
    the entire broncos starting o line (except george foster)
    brian westbrook
    santana moss
    steve smith
    doug flutie
    dre bly
    warrick dunn
    dexter coakley
    la roi glover
    lee evans
    terrnce mcgee
    zach thomas
    deion branch
    ellis hobbs
    robert mathis
    CASEY WIEGMAN
    DANTE HALL

    Most of these players play today though
    Sooner born. Sooner bred. And when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    Uh, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I feel out of place.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Dumervil's size will be an asset................He will be able to duck under the taller lineman, and he's strong enough to keep the push toward the Quarterback as they are trying to push down on him................I think he will do well.
    ...............................................

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    Dumervil's size will be an asset................He will be able to duck under the taller lineman, and he's strong enough to keep the push toward the Quarterback as they are trying to push down on him................I think he will do well.

    I think that most of the decent OT's in the league will bury him, the only reason he did good in college was he played mostly against nobodies. Certainly not against NFL caliber OT's.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    I think that most of the decent OT's in the league will bury him, the only reason he did good in college was he played mostly against nobodies. Certainly not against NFL caliber OT's.
    I wonder how informed this opinion is. My guess is not very. Go figure.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    I wonder how informed this opinion is. My guess is not very. Go figure.
    He did get man-handled at the Senior Bowl.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    He did get man-handled at the Senior Bowl.
    ...as did every DE outside of Darryl Tapp.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    He did get man-handled at the Senior Bowl.

    If you're talking about Ferguson, yeah man-handled everyone at Senior Bowl.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    I wonder how informed this opinion is. My guess is not very. Go figure.
    If he played against mediocre OT in college and racked up alot of sacks in just a few games until the decided to game plan against him then his number dropped.

    Now the really good college OT manhandled him.

    What do you really think the kid is going to do against roaf and his KC line?

    Sorry but if he gets more than a couple of sacks this year it will be by mistakes in assignments, more than anything else.

    Is is really nice to have all this hype about how good teh team is going to be , but after teh season is over Mikey will once against be saying we are close a couple players away.

    We still have a lousy DL for pass defense. Have taken not real choice on the first day since 1997, and for those couple we did where are they now?

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,165
    Is it me or are people forgetting we are starting him up as a DT in nickel situations? As long as that scenario translates to training camp, I'm sure it will translate to the regular season. In this case, he won't be worrying about tackles as much as trying to slip guards. If he can slip big, oaffy Left Guards, then we might be able to pull a few sacks out of him. Another scenario similar to this, is watching Robert Mathis's progress in Indianapolis. He was a second day pick that notched 10 sacks in his second season and 11.5 last season. Mathis is a pure pass rusher, that was a brilliant pick by the Colts. He is being moved, as many know, to Defensive tackle, as a full time rusher. Mathis is taller than Dumervil by three inches, but underweight by 23 pounds. Dumervil also has the wingspan of a 6'4'', 6'5'' lineman. I'm not saying Dumervil is Robert Mathis, because Dumervil is unproven. They do draw a lot of similarities in my mind. If we can see how Mathis does on the interior, it could be an idea of how Dumervil will do.

    I think Dumervil could prove to be our Robert Mathis, maybe a sort of hybrid between Freeney with the size factor, but the same sort of deal as Robert Mathis. We'll see how it works and how it can in the Colt's preseason games and the Bronco's games with Dumervil.


    150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

    D.J. 55's Mock Draft:


    Denver Broncos General Manager

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    Is it me or are people forgetting we are starting him up as a DT in nickel situations? As long as that scenario translates to training camp, I'm sure it will translate to the regular season. In this case, he won't be worrying about tackles as much as trying to slip guards. If he can slip big, oaffy Left Guards, then we might be able to pull a few sacks out of him. Another scenario similar to this, is watching Robert Mathis's progress in Indianapolis. He was a second day pick that notched 10 sacks in his second season and 11.5 last season. Mathis is a pure pass rusher, that was a brilliant pick by the Colts. He is being moved, as many know, to Defensive tackle, as a full time rusher. Mathis is taller than Dumervil by three inches, but underweight by 23 pounds. Dumervil also has the wingspan of a 6'4'', 6'5'' lineman. I'm not saying Dumervil is Robert Mathis, because Dumervil is unproven. They do draw a lot of similarities in my mind. If we can see how Mathis does on the interior, it could be an idea of how Dumervil will do.

    I think Dumervil could prove to be our Robert Mathis, maybe a sort of hybrid between Freeney with the size factor, but the same sort of deal as Robert Mathis. We'll see how it works and how it can in the Colt's preseason games and the Bronco's games with Dumervil.
    I think you are somewhat mistaken. Robert Mathis is not being moved to defensive tackle. It is Raheem Brock that is being moved to full-time defensive tackle. Brock was the starter at DE opposite of Freeney last year but now he is a DT and Robert Mathis is taking his place as the starter at DE.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    If you're talking about Ferguson, yeah man-handled everyone at Senior Bowl.
    Not everyone. Darryl Tapp was able to beat Ferguson because he was short enough to get the better leverage against Ferguson. If Dumervil is so great why couldn't he do the same thing considering he is even shorter than Tapp.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    I think that most of the decent OT's in the league will bury him, the only reason he did good in college was he played mostly against nobodies. Certainly not against NFL caliber OT's.

    You mean like Reggie Bush?.............. Of course the NFL talent is better.........but he has a good motor, great strength and the desire.....................Zach Thomas, Karl Mecklenburg type.
    ...............................................

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    You mean like Reggie Bush?.............. Of course the NFL talent is better.........but he has a good motor, great strength and the desire.....................Zach Thomas, Karl Mecklenburg type.
    I'm not sure which Reggie Bush your talking about? I do not know Reggie bush that was a OT.

    That said, since the ashley debacle of several years ago with Mikey hyping these guys as the next coming, I have taken a wait and see attitude towards his DAFT choices. SO far he has not had a great first day record outside of LB's. He has found some great deal on the second day primary Oline and RB's that probably could not make it on most other teams that do not employ our schemes.

    Let me clarify that comment MA will probably do real well in BAL but I'd guess that if he would have went to most other teams in the league straight out of college he may not have survived in other systems long enough to have proven himself. He may have bounced from camp to camp until he got his chance to play. He may not have survived another season in DEN without the injuries that took our starters out of play.

    He most deffenantly was in the right spot at the right time. Many will disagree with me on this I'm sure and that is ok, but history has shown only ONE drafted RB so far coming out of DEN system has gone on to other teams and did well. poorti$$$.

    I really do hope that he and the other daftees turn out great and contribute to a super bowl season. But again I have very little faith in Mikey's record on DAFT day. Nor is believeability after making the picks, I'll wait till TC, preseason and the season to pass judgement.

    In the mean time I will challenge moronic comments about this or that person being a beast, franchise player etc etc etc.,

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    I'm not sure which Reggie Bush your talking about? I do not know Reggie bush that was a OT.

    That said, since the ashley debacle of several years ago with Mikey hyping these guys as the next coming, I have taken a wait and see attitude towards his DAFT choices. SO far he has not had a great first day record outside of LB's. He has found some great deal on the second day primary Oline and RB's that probably could not make it on most other teams that do not employ our schemes.

    Let me clarify that comment MA will probably do real well in BAL but I'd guess that if he would have went to most other teams in the league straight out of college he may not have survived in other systems long enough to have proven himself. He may have bounced from camp to camp until he got his chance to play. He may not have survived another season in DEN without the injuries that took our starters out of play.

    He most deffenantly was in the right spot at the right time. Many will disagree with me on this I'm sure and that is ok, but history has shown only ONE drafted RB so far coming out of DEN system has gone on to other teams and did well. poorti$$$.

    I really do hope that he and the other daftees turn out great and contribute to a super bowl season. But again I have very little faith in Mikey's record on DAFT day. Nor is believeability after making the picks, I'll wait till TC, preseason and the season to pass judgement.

    In the mean time I will challenge moronic comments about this or that person being a beast, franchise player etc etc etc.,
    No, you know exactly what I'm talking about................Bush didn't neccesarily go up against great talent himself. .................I didn't make this thread about him being a beast. But I am happy we picked him. Off season IS for predicting or trying to. Otherwise, why are you even here?...............To say you'll wait until preseason.................well, that goes without saying. We were just asking what your "gut" feeling is now..........No links.............no nfl games to review, just your thoughts..................Give it a try.
    ...............................................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •