• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick7
    Locker #92
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kmartin575
    The Buchanan award had nothing to do with that argument, I shouldn't have even mentioned it. My point was that he had 23 sacks. You guys said sacks are sacks so his 23 sacks are better than Dumervil's 20 sacks, regardless of the competition level.

You're kidding me right? Look back at my post, when did I say ''20 sacks is 20 sacks regarless of the competition level?''
    Go Huskers.

Comment

• SimonSteele
      Banned User
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nick7
      Your comparison to Duke/Gates isn't neccessarily correlative to the Freeney/Dumervil comparion.

Duke was either going to be a complete hit or miss. Players like him are always going to be. Ones that have great athletic ability, but haven't played since HS. Duke hadn't ever really proved himself.

Obviously, or so it seems to Shanny, Duke was a miss.

Dumervil is compared to Freeney because he played against a similar level of competition, got roughly the same stats, and is roughly the same size.

And I'm really tired of people saying,''All of Dumervil's stats came against weak teams.'' 20 sacks is 20 sacks, people. I didn't know half of Louisville's schedule was against Div. II schools. No one seemed to say anything when Suggs was manhandled all day by 18-year old Ritchie Incognito, when he racked up 20+ sacks.
      And to top this thought off, Hayward had a bunch of sacks in his last season for us against nobody teams in games that didn't matter (such as Tennessee), but that didn't stop him from being considered a premiere pash rusher in the free agency and then proving he was while playing in Jacksonville.

Comment

• Nick7
        Locker #92
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kmartin575
        At least get your facts straight. 5.0+ 40 time? Sorry, but he ran a 4.86 at his pro day and his real time is actually a little faster than that (he has been timed at around 4.7-4.75).
        Probably true, but somewhere on ESPN, they said he ran something like a 5.06. Maybe it waas unofficial.
        Go Huskers.

Comment

• GridironChamp
          Pioli's right hand man
          • Apr 2005

The last half of the season? Do mean when he was constantly getting double teamed because teams recognized his ability.

He's not much of a hit or miss player because he has already proven himself, unlike Duke. I also liked how brought up speed. While Tamba has the size, I'm not sure his 5.0+ 40 is going to cut it, being that the NFL is based solely on size and speed...
          When does a DE have to run 40 yards...

If you knew anything about Hali, they Chiefs drafted him for size and his 10 and 20 yard dashes. Thats more important as a DE and from what i've heard those times were good.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
            Pioli's right hand man
            • Apr 2005

Your comparison to Duke/Gates isn't neccessarily correlative to the Freeney/Dumervil comparion.

Duke was either going to be a complete hit or miss. Players like him are always going to be. Ones that have great athletic ability, but haven't played since HS. Duke hadn't ever really proved himself.

Obviously, or so it seems to Shanny, Duke was a miss.

Dumervil is compared to Freeney because he played against a similar level of competition, got roughly the same stats, and is roughly the same size.

And I'm really tired of people saying,''All of Dumervil's stats came against weak teams.'' 20 sacks is 20 sacks, people. I didn't know half of Louisville's schedule was against Div. II schools. No one seemed to say anything when Suggs was manhandled all day by 18-year old Ritchie Incognito, when he racked up 20+ sacks.
            Thats where you said regardless of the competition...

So Nick, how does it feel to get owned by chief fans? .....again

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Nick7
              Locker #92
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by GridironChamp
              Thats where you said regardless of the competition...

So Nick, how does it feel to get owned by chief fans? .....again
              Where in that sentence, do I say regardless of competition?

And I'm really tired of people saying,''All of Dumervil's stats came against weak teams.'' 20 sacks is 20 sacks, people. I didn't know half of Louisville's schedule was against Div. II schools.
              The first sentence is about as direct as I can be. Is it not clear that I'm saying the teams he played against weren't weak?

I can't quite paraphrase this next sentence to a Quief fan's level of intelligence so....

Like I said before, if you had a brain you would've read my next sentence, in which I completely say that they ddn't play against wek teams all season (see: Chris Gocong).
              Go Huskers.

Comment

• Nick7
                Locker #92
                • Mar 2005

If you knew anything about Hali, they Chiefs drafted him for size and his 10 and 20 yard dashes. Thats more important as a DE and from what i've heard those times were good.
                What I do now about Hali, is that one negative about him was that he relied on pure strength and burst to get to the QB.

I've also heard he has poor upper body strength, which translates into not using their hands as well, something Dumervil is known for doing very well.
                Go Huskers.

Comment

• topscribe
                  RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                  • Apr 2005

Thank you . . .

I agree with your comment about Hali. I also don't understand the comments toward Dumervil, saying that he is not particularly fast. They are talking about Dumervil's 40 time. The only thing is, when he gets past the blocker, he's about 5 yards from the QB. As you implied, what a DE needs is that burst . . . What he can do for 10 yards is what is important.

And a DE who gets 20 sacks in a season apparently can do a lot in 10 yards, wouldn't you say?

-----

Comment

• MTRaiderHater
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Aug 2005

Don't worry GC.....

we don't want Trent Green to get hurt this season either, and we understand that these feable attempts to discredit one of best prospects at DE in this years draft are only expressions of concern for your aging QB who is going to be spending substantial time on his back this fall.

2006 FA is not the place for smack talk, so if you want to start calling names, there is a forum dedicated to precisely that.
                    Last edited by MTRaiderHater; 06-06-2006, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• GridironChamp
                      Pioli's right hand man
                      • Apr 2005

What I do now about Hali, is that one negative about him was that he relied on pure strength and burst to get to the QB.

I've also heard he has poor upper body strength, which translates into not using their hands as well, something Dumervil is known for doing very well.
                      First you said in that sentence the competition doesnt matter. If he played half bad teams then cut his sack count in half if Gocang doesnt count.

So would you rather count division AA schools or not?

Second how does "relies on strength" "poor upper body strength" and "not using haands well" work together?

You say he uses strength then say he isnt strong and that some how means bad hands....And from what i've heard he used hands well when not in the clinch. (like Dumervile)

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
                        Pioli's right hand man
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MTRaiderHater
                        we don't want Trent Green to get hurt this season either, and we understand that these feable attempts to discredit one of best prospects at DE in this years draft are only expressions of concern for your aging QB who is going to be spending substantial time on his back this fall.

2006 FA is not the place for smack talk, so if you want to start calling names, there is a forum dedicated to precisely that.
                        Sounds like your jealous that i get Green and your stuck with Plummer....

LMAO a guy goes in the third round and he is a "best DE prospect" what Homer Fairy world do you live in?

Top i dont recall calling Elvis slow, if i did im sure i misstyped the post. I was just telling him thatt 40 times dont matter for a DE that much.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• topscribe
                          RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                          • Apr 2005

Sounds like your jealous that i get Green and your stuck with Plummer....

LMAO a guy goes in the third round and he is a "best DE prospect" what Homer Fairy world do you live in?

Top i dont recall calling Elvis slow, if i did im sure i misstyped the post. I was just telling him thatt 40 times dont matter for a DE that much.
                          Try reading a little closer, GC. I was agreeing with you on the speed thing.

Regarding a "best prospect" in the third round, I can't help but to think back to Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Karl Mecklenberg . . . . you know, guys like that. I'm not saying Dumervil is a "best prospect," but it would be wise to see how they perfom on the field before you pooh-pooh the idea.

Regarding the Green/Plummer remark, I might remind you that their stats are very close to each other . . . . except for the W-L record.

-----

Comment

• Nick7
                            Locker #92
                            • Mar 2005

First you said in that sentence the competition doesnt matter. If he played half bad teams then cut his sack count in half if Gocang doesnt count.

So would you rather count division AA schools or not?

Second how does "relies on strength" "poor upper body strength" and "not using haands well" work together?

You say he uses strength then say he isnt strong and that some how means bad hands....And from what i've heard he used hands well when not in the clinch. (like Dumervile)

OMFG! When did I say the competition didn't matter?

I don't think you understood what I was saying. When I said....

I didn't know half of Louisville's schedule was against Div. II schools.
                            ...I didn't mean that they really played Div. II schools...

You do know that strength doesn't only come from your upper body, right? He relies on strength in his legs to get the burst.

Because he has poor upper body strength (17 reps of 225), he has trouble using his hands because he can't focus solely on his hand when engaged.
                            Last edited by Nick7; 06-06-2006, 07:22 PM.
                            Go Huskers.

Comment

• GridironChamp
                              Pioli's right hand man
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by topscribe
                              Try reading a little closer, GC. I was agreeing with you on the speed thing.

Regarding a "best prospect" in the third round, I can't help but to think back to Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Karl Mecklenberg . . . . you know, guys like that. I'm not saying Dumervil is a "best prospect," but it would be wise to see how they perfom on the field before you pooh-pooh the idea.

Regarding the Green/Plummer remark, I might remind you that their stats are very close to each other . . . . except for the W-L record.

-----
                              Yeah but add up the last 3 years and Green will emerge with a decent margain of vicotry in most catagories, except INT's.

Yeah you named 3 guys top, not to mention the many more in your head but how many of the third rounders did nothing in the NFL? Probably alot more than did good would be my guess. yes there are diamonds in the rough, but they are in the rought. Meaning they will be hard to find.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• GridironChamp
                                Pioli's right hand man
                                • Apr 2005

[QUOTE=Nick7]OMFG! When did I say the competition didn't matter?

I don't think you understood what I was saying. When I said....

I didn't know half of Louisville's schedule was against Div. II schools. [QUOTE/]

...I didn't mean that they really played Div. II schools...

You do know that strength doesn't only come from your upper body, right? He relies on strength in his legs to get the burst.

Because he has poor upper body strength (17 reps of 225), he has trouble using his hands because he can't focus solely on his hand when engaged.
                                Strength and hands dont have nothin to do with each other. Yes they compliment each other and maybe technique of one can hurt the other but strength or use of hands cant hurt them. He uses his hands good, he can controle the blocker, until clinched. THen thats when his strength (after the originol burst) plays a part to him getting stopped alot more than if he was strong. But strength can be built up, more time in the gym, body size and style cant. Your stuck with your build, and Hali has a good build for a DE and Dumbervile doesnt.

FYI- that doesnt mean he will suck, i cant find you any complete facts about Dumbervile that will say he sucks, Its just a feeling, like i had with Duke. All info i was presented with said Duke was the next Gates but look what he did
                                *note- i hope someone comes and says Duke wasnt proven, cause i will gladly and i mean gladly show them the threads that went on here about Duke and how thrashed i got for not believing he will be the next Gates.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X