Clear All
  • bjoli198
    Bench Warmer
    • Apr 2006

how bout trading lelie for tommie harris (bears) I´d like that deal anytime

Comment

• Sherlock21
      • Feb 2005

Any thoughts on big daddy wilkinson... i heard miami was trying to make a pitch for him.

Comment

• Dream
        Banned User
        • Jan 2005

Denver has a decent three man shift in Warren, Myers and Veal (who played pretty well last season). Maybe another unknown, like Veal last year -- will step up and be a nice addition to the roster. I think the team is hoping Dumervil can be a jack-of-all-tradesmen type lineman, being able to play underneath and on the rush end side, so we have depth at each position.

I do think it's a big question mark though. Denver passed on some solid defensive tackles, and I was flabbergasted when they took Hixon over Orien Harris in the fourth round when he was still there.

Lucky for us, the defensive line class in '07 looks pretty solid, and there are already some great inside prospects that look like sure-fire first rounders. Maybe, just maybe this year -- my prayers and many other Broncos faitfhul's will be answered.

Comment

• BroncsOwnU
          Practice Squad
          • Dec 2005

Warren, Myers, and Veal worked decent last year, and will continue this year.

But add one more wide load to that equation. Antwon Burton, I think he's got the size, and enough talent to see some time there in the middle. Plus from what I have read, they are planning on bouncing Dumervil all over the line. Don't get caught up in Dumervil's size, because if he is playing tackle, he most likely will stunt, delay rush, or even zone drop to cover a blitz.
          God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

• dogfish
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BroncsOwnU
            But add one more wide load to that equation. Antwon Burton, I think he's got the size, and enough talent to see some time there in the middle. Plus from what I have read, they are planning on bouncing Dumervil all over the line. Don't get caught up in Dumervil's size, because if he is playing tackle, he most likely will stunt, delay rush, or even zone drop to cover a blitz.

good point-- we have pretty much the same DT rotation we had last year. . . . without looking it up, i'm really not sure if pope played at all last year, and he's the only DT we lost. . . . i would expect a similar performance from our DTs as last year-- reliable against the run and absolutely nothing in terms of pass rush. . . . oh wait-- warren did occasionally collapse the pocket. . . . .
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• WABronco
              I'M driving the bandwagon
              • Mar 2005

I was hoping that we could sign James Reed...stupid Chiefs got him instead.

Dude's nothing special, but he'd make a solid rotational tackle.

Comment

• GoBroncos84
                Bench Warmer
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by dogfish
                good point-- we have pretty much the same DT rotation we had last year. . . . without looking it up, i'm really not sure if pope played at all last year, and he's the only DT we lost. . . . i would expect a similar performance from our DTs as last year-- reliable against the run and absolutely nothing in terms of pass rush. . . . oh wait-- warren did occasionally collapse the pocket. . . . .
                I wouldn't be surprised to see Warren have Rod Coleman like sack numbers this year. Last year was a break out season of sorts, in that he showed he can play. I expect this year to be his break out season in showing that he can be a pro bowler. If he drops a few pounds like he says he is going to, and if the coaching staff uses him to maximize his talent, we should be just fine. I would like to see Wilkinson, Buckner, or Grady Jackson come in to improve the rotation though, because injury at this position would severely hurt us. I am hoping that Hixon justifies being selected over Orien

Comment

• DiehardinAlaska
                  Special Teams
                  • May 2005

Who?

Originally posted by BroncsOwnU

Where did Burton come from undrafted free agent? How do you know about him, any stats etc...?
                  "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

• WABronco
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
                    Where did Burton come from undrafted free agent? How do you know about him, any stats etc...?
                    Played for Howard I believe. Looks and plays a lot like Grady Jackson. Denver was one of the first rumored teams to show interest in him.

Comment

• Colorado69
                      Special Teams
                      • Jun 2004

Burton is from Temple

93 Antwon Burton, Defensive Tackle
                      Height: 6' 2"
                      Weight: 315 lbs.
                      College: Temple
                      Born: in Buffalo, N.Y.
                      Acquired: College Free Agent, 2006
                      Pro Year: R
                      Year with Broncos: R
                      NFL Games Played/Started: 0/0
                      Postseason: 0/0

Burton (6-foot-2, 315 pounds) is a defensive tackle who played 11 games (10 starts) for Temple in 2005, posting 66 tackles (26 solo), five tackles-for-losses, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and three pass breakups. Burton, who transferred to Temple from Erie Community College in Orchard Park, N.Y., concluded his collegiate career by playing in the East-West Shrine Game. The defensive tackle played 11 games (6 starts) and made 30 tackles in his first year at Temple as a junior in 2003 before missing the 2004 season with a foot injury. He posted 6.5 sacks and was voted first-team All-Northeast Conference in his final year at Erie Community College in 2002. A first-team all-state and all-western New York selection as a senior at Cleveland Hills High School in Cheektowaga, N.Y., Antwon Burton was born July 11, 1983, in Buffalo, N.Y.

Comment

• WABronco
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Colorado69
                        93 Antwon Burton, Defensive Tackle
                        Height: 6' 2"
                        Weight: 315 lbs.
                        College: Temple
                        Born: in Buffalo, N.Y.
                        Acquired: College Free Agent, 2006
                        Pro Year: R
                        Year with Broncos: R
                        NFL Games Played/Started: 0/0
                        Postseason: 0/0

Burton (6-foot-2, 315 pounds) is a defensive tackle who played 11 games (10 starts) for Temple in 2005, posting 66 tackles (26 solo), five tackles-for-losses, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and three pass breakups. Burton, who transferred to Temple from Erie Community College in Orchard Park, N.Y., concluded his collegiate career by playing in the East-West Shrine Game. The defensive tackle played 11 games (6 starts) and made 30 tackles in his first year at Temple as a junior in 2003 before missing the 2004 season with a foot injury. He posted 6.5 sacks and was voted first-team All-Northeast Conference in his final year at Erie Community College in 2002. A first-team all-state and all-western New York selection as a senior at Cleveland Hills High School in Cheektowaga, N.Y., Antwon Burton was born July 11, 1983, in Buffalo, N.Y.
                        Ahhh yes...Temple.

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Apr 2006

I would also have to say that next year will probably be the year that we draft a D-lineman. We have pretty good depth at a lot of othe other positions, but DT is a position of the lacking right now. There isn't a whole lot out on the Free Agent market right now, so I wouldn't get too excited over anything. I say we should try and trade Lelie for a 4th rd pick or so and draft a safety in round 1 and draft defensive lineman and offensive lineman throughout the rest of the draft. If our DT rotation got us as far as it did last year, I would have to say they did pretty good.
                          Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

• TXBRONC
                            Captain
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                            I would also have to say that next year will probably be the year that we draft a D-lineman. We have pretty good depth at a lot of othe other positions, but DT is a position of the lacking right now. There isn't a whole lot out on the Free Agent market right now, so I wouldn't get too excited over anything. I say we should try and trade Lelie for a 4th rd pick or so and draft a safety in round 1 and draft defensive lineman and offensive lineman throughout the rest of the draft. If our DT rotation got us as far as it did last year, I would have to say they did pretty good.
                            I hope you're right Buckeye about drafting DT right now who knows what Shanahan will do.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                            X