Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan2616
    It sounds like your a big fan of this guy.
    I have high hopes with him but kyle will win the job but he might see some action.
    Yeah, its the one Bronco i like so with all these other rants about Broncos prospects i guess i would throw mine in....

I know KJ gets the starting spot this year, but next year and in 2008 he better come ready cause i think Neal will really work him for it.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Yeah, its the one Bronco i like so with all these other rants about Broncos prospects i guess i would throw mine in....

I know KJ gets the starting spot this year, but next year and in 2008 he better come ready cause i think Neal will really work him for it.
    Yea kyle is very good in the passing game but in not to sure if he can block as good.
    [IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3604/poweroverspeedsig9by.jpg[/IMG]

Kyle Johnson may end up a better Fullback than Howard Griffith. He's already a better runner and receiver. And he is a very good blocker. Griffith was a great blocker though.

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan2616
    Yea kyle is very good in the passing game but in not to sure if he can block as good.
    But the biggest upsides for Neal are his running ability and catching ability (great).
    He has to work on blocking, but playing for Denver that shouldnt be a problem

^^^Get used to it.^^^

I don't think Neal makes the active roster, but has a good shot at the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    I don't think Neal makes the active roster, but has a good shot at the practice squad.
    Really, you dont think he will beat out Sapp?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Really, you dont think he will beat out Sapp?
    I think he'll beat out Sapp.

Sapp has been on the squad for a while and is a solid special teams player, I think he already has a niche on the team, and Powers-Neal will probably have to do more than "impress" to be on the active roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Sapp has been on the squad for a while and is a solid special teams player, I think he already has a niche on the team, and Powers-Neal will probably have to do more than "impress" to be on the active roster.
    But if im not mistaken, Neal is stronger and faster, more athletic so wouldnt he make a decent ST player when given the oppurtunity?

I think it all depends on oppurtunity if they give it to him its over he will be the starter BY 08 maybe sooner.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

If I remember right K.J. got his first year with Denver. I dont remember if he was on the P.S. that year but he came back to camp the next year, made the team and took the starting full back job. The practice squad can be a good thing and if Neal does end up there dont be surprised if the next year he is battling for the starting role. I know Shanny likes Sapp. I know I read an article recently where Shanny said he was happy with our running backs and he even would be compfortable with Sapp out there playing tailback if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Guru
    If I remember right K.J. got his first year with Denver. I dont remember if he was on the P.S. that year but he came back to camp the next year, made the team and took the starting full back job. The practice squad can be a good thing and if Neal does end up there dont be surprised if the next year he is battling for the starting role. I know Shanny likes Sapp. I know I read an article recently where Shanny said he was happy with our running backs and he even would be compfortable with Sapp out there playing tailback if needed.
    I think it was in 2004......................KJ was actually cut....................Brought back right afer Anderson tore his goin, and quickly became the starting Fullback after the Q experiment didn't work. Droughns was the starting Fullback but when he switched to Tailback around week 4, Johnson became the starting Fullback...................I think it's a great story and you have to give the guy alot of credit for not giving up. He was cut and within a month, was the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    I think it was in 2004......................KJ was actually cut....................Brought back right afer Anderson tore his goin, and quickly became the starting Fullback after the Q experiment didn't work. Droughns was the starting Fullback but when he switched to Tailback around week 4, Johnson became the starting Fullback...................I think it's a great story and you have to give the guy alot of credit for not giving up. He was cut and within a month, was the starter.
    Makes you wonder, if Droughns was ever moved to RB if he ever would have became what he is today.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/24et8v5.jpg
    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidBlue
    Makes you wonder, if Droughns was ever moved to RB if he ever would have became what he is today.
    yeah. The Droughns switch was a great idea all around. It helped everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidBlue
    No, he would had rotted away there. He was filling a need, and really, Q would have been the starting Tailback and Anderson would have been the Fullback more than likely. I know I did not like what I saw in Griffin, but he was going to start at Tailback over Mike. So, it took Anderson's injury and Q's lack of ability to fit the one cut system, that gave Droughs AND KJ their shots. Now Rueben is a two time 1200 yard rusher and Kyle Johnson is well on his way to being every bit as good as the Great Howard Griffith.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    No, he would had rotted away there. He was filling a need, and really, Q would have been the starting Tailback and Anderson would have been the Fullback more than likely. I know I did not like what I saw in Griffin, but he was going to start at Tailback over Mike. So, it took Anderson's injury and Q's lack of ability to fit the one cut system, that gave Droughs AND KJ their shots. Now Rueben is a two time 1200 yard rusher and Kyle Johnson is well on his way to being every bit as good as the Great Howard Griffith.
    I love it when these things turn out this way