Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 216
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by TDforTatum26
    I love it when these things turn out this way
    Yeah, just like Rod spent his first season on the practice squad. ..................Lepsis was an undrafted TE.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by TDforTatum26
    I love it when these things turn out this way
    Well i dont know how you can consider KJ a great FB after catching some TD's. I usually thoght it took about 3-5 good seasons to be considered great. But maybe cause he is a Bonco there is an exception (im just messin with ya TD)

    But i dont believe KJ keeps the job with Neal coming. Neal can already almost block as good as him and we all know he is just as athletic. He just needs to get into NFL shape NFL skills.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Well i dont know how you can consider KJ a great FB after catching some TD's. I usually thoght it took about 3-5 good seasons to be considered great. But maybe cause he is a Bonco there is an exception (im just messin with ya TD)

    But i dont believe KJ keeps the job with Neal coming. Neal can already almost block as good as him and we all know he is just as athletic. He just needs to get into NFL shape NFL skills.
    How the hell would you know if he can block as good as KJ? ................... Kyle Johnson is a very good blocker...................That's why he's the starting Fullback. He just so happens to be a good receiver as well. But that's not why he starts.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    How the hell would you know if he can block as good as KJ? ................... Kyle Johnson is a very good blocker...................That's why he's the starting Fullback. He just so happens to be a good receiver as well. But that's not why he starts.

    Look at the top FBs in the league. T-rich Strong Neal Alstott then you got Krieder Finn Hoover all of which block much better than KJ. KJ isnt a premier blocking FB he is an athletic FB and there is nothing wrong with that.

    But Neal is just as athletic and according to anylisis and scouts (thats where i hear thing, i just dont use my own opinion like you) he already blocks better than KJ did coming into the NFL.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Look at the top FBs in the league. T-rich Strong Neal Alstott then you got Krieder Finn Hoover all of which block much better than KJ. KJ isnt a premier blocking FB he is an athletic FB and there is nothing wrong with that.

    But Neal is just as athletic and according to anylisis and scouts (thats where i hear thing, i just dont use my own opinion like you) he already blocks better than KJ did coming into the NFL.
    He practically blocked the way for TWO 1000 yard rushers..................Something NEVER done before. No, not two TAILBACKS. .....................Czsonka/Morris, Harris/Bleier, Mack/Byner, were all Fullback/Tailback. On the field at the same time. Anderson and Bell had to alternate. And KJ blocked the way for both. So don't even tell me Johnson isn't a good blocker. Because the Broncos don't give a **** about catching passes and running as a Fullback. they just want a guy that can block. I think people see that he can do more than block and ASSUME that is the reason he starts.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    He practically blocked the way for TWO 1000 yard rushers..................Something NEVER done before. No, not two TAILBACKS. .....................Czsonka/Morris, Harris/Bleier, Mack/Byner, were all Fullback/Tailback. On the field at the same time. Anderson and Bell had to alternate. And KJ blocked the way for both. So don't even tell me Johnson isn't a good blocker. Because the Broncos don't give a **** about catching passes and running as a Fullback. they just want a guy that can block. I think people see that he can do more than block and ASSUME that is the reason he starts.
    He isnt a great blocker, and obvisiouly these are still just your opinions so im jus gonna leave it with this...

    KJ is a good blocker but nothing near a premiere blocking FB in the NFL. He gets the job CAUSE NO ONE ELSE is there and with his extra upside (catching the ball) there is no reason to bring in a FA. Now getting a young rookie that is as athletic and is good at blocking for a rookie should worry KJ. I really dont see KJ starting all of the 07 season.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    He isnt a great blocker, and obvisiouly these are still just your opinions so im jus gonna leave it with this...

    KJ is a good blocker but nothing near a premiere blocking FB in the NFL. He gets the job CAUSE NO ONE ELSE is there and with his extra upside (catching the ball) there is no reason to bring in a FA. Now getting a young rookie that is as athletic and is good at blocking for a rookie should worry KJ. I really dont see KJ starting all of the 07 season.
    This guy better be the next coming of ........................Hmmmm, not Howard Griffith, because that would be KJ..............So, he better be an incredible Fullback. I can't wait to see him this preseason.
    Last edited by HolyDiver; 06-09-2006 at 09:35 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    This guy better be the next coming of ........................Hmmmm, not Howard Griffith, because that would be KJ..............So, he better be an incredible Fullback. I can't wait to see him this preseason.
    See i dont get it, how is KJ after one decent year a great FB? Neal is just a prospect with upside if you ask me, but KJ to you is already Griffith and i dont see one good year of catching a ball makes you that....
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    See i dont get it, how is KJ after one decent year a great FB? Neal is just a prospect with upside if you ask me, but KJ to you is already Griffith and i dont see one good year of catching a ball makes you that....
    KJ is not great yet. But he is a very good Fullback. I thought he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl last year. But he will soon, and I see him BECOMING a great Fullback like Howard Griffith was.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    KJ is not great yet. But he is a very good Fullback. I thought he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl last year. But he will soon, and I see him BECOMING a great Fullback like Howard Griffith was.
    Oh, and i dont know nor do i care about KJ cause if Neal gets the chances he will put KJ right back on ST and on deep in the DC.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    Oh, and i dont know nor do i care about KJ cause if Neal gets the chances he will put KJ right back on ST and on deep in the DC.
    I hope this guy is as good as you say. then we can just turn him into a TE. 6'3'' 240.................yep, Sharpe was only 6'2'' 222 when he was drafted. And you say he's already a great blocker. So, TE it is then. Thanks, I'll let Shanahan know. Keep your eye out for the position switch. You should be informed by mail within 10 business days starting after the beginning of training camp in July.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    I hope this guy is as good as you say. then we can just turn him into a TE. 6'3'' 240.................yep, Sharpe was only 6'2'' 222 when he was drafted. And you say he's already a great blocker. So, TE it is then. Thanks, I'll let Shanahan know. Keep your eye out for the position switch. You should be informed by mail within 10 business days starting after the beginning of training camp in July.
    He's not a TE, a TE blocks different than a FB and they dont run.
    Neal runs and a FB blocks on the move TE blocking is more stationary. BIG DIFFERENCE. and if you ever saw Neal run you wouldnt want him playing TE
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    He's not a TE, a TE blocks different than a FB and they dont run.
    Neal runs and a FB blocks on the move TE blocking is more stationary. BIG DIFFERENCE. and if you ever saw Neal run you wouldnt want him playing TE
    You are telling ME how to play football? That's funny...............Players all around the league play both Fullback and TE. Carswell and Patrick Hape(former Bronco)..................Rod Bernsteine was a TE converted to Runningback. Todd Christianson was a Fullback converted to TE. .................. Shannon Sharpe was a WR converted to TE. So was Ozzie Newsome. Matt Lepsis was a TE converted to Tackle. Players can switch positions alot easier than you think apparently. If this guy can block, run, catch, then he can be converted easliy.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spring, Tx
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    You are telling ME how to play football? That's funny...............Players all around the league play both Fullback and TE. Carswell and Patrick Hape(former Bronco)..................Rod Bernsteine was a TE converted to Runningback. Todd Christianson was a Fullback converted to TE. .................. Shannon Sharpe was a WR converted to TE. So was Ozzie Newsome. Matt Lepsis was a TE converted to Tackle. Players can switch positions alot easier than you think apparently. If this guy can block, run, catch, then he can be converted easliy.
    Amen Brother! I will co sign on that for you. Players can switch. Whether it is for team need or the players skills. Look at Elvis D. They are playing him some at DT. It is called being able to multi task... NFL style

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Guru
    Amen Brother! I will co sign on that for you. Players can switch. Whether it is for team need or the players skills. Look at Elvis D. They are playing him some at DT. It is called being able to multi task... NFL style

    And Karl Mecklenburg played at DE, DT, MLB and OLB. ................ I didn't know Dumervil was playing some DT. He's 258....................guess who was 260. I know it was a different era, but Rubin Carter was only 6' 260 pounds. The greatest NT we ever had. Plus, I'm pretty sure Dumervil has some serious strength. I think he did 33 reps with 225 at the combine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •