Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever bought anything from a infomercial??

SO late night television is the worst.

Have you ever been sitting around and watched some of these infomercials??

Have you ever bought anything from one of them??

If not, what product have you CONSIDERED buying??

The new canister thingy that cooks pasta in 8 minutes by just adding hot water cracks me up...

I mean, in the 8 minutes it takes to cook the pasta, you could already have pasta in a regular pot. YOu still have to heat up the water probably to a boil, so why not just keep the hot water in the pot you boiled it in, put in the pasta and leave it in there for the 8 minutes???

WTM....I get a kick out of this and I always get hooked into watching them....can't say I have ever bought anything tho....ppl do come up with all sorts of stuff...

how about you? have you ever bought anything?

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    WTM....I get a kick out of this and I always get hooked into watching them....can't say I have ever bought anything tho....ppl do come up with all sorts of stuff...

how about you? have you ever bought anything?

No, but have given it some serious thought at times.

As I was brushing my dog today and it took 15 brush fulls, I thought of an infomercial I saw once and would love to see it again. It was a dog brush that all you had to do was push the back or something and it would push out all the dog hair. Today, I had to use a screw driver to scrape out the dog hair over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    No, but have given it some serious thought at times.

As I was brushing my dog today and it took 15 brush fulls, I thought of an infomercial I saw once and would love to see it again. It was a dog brush that all you had to do was push the back or something and it would push out all the dog hair. Today, I had to use a screw driver to scrape out the dog hair over and over.

like I said ppl come up with all kinds of stuff...like the stuff that takes scratches out of your car....the device that pulls dents out of your car altho I have heard that ,that one does work...silly as it sounds I do like watching them...

I consider it all the time but then I realize most of these products don't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    Ever bought anything from a infomercial??
    --- No.

---

May God Bless all the men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

I try to stay so far away from those infomercials.
    No way.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

When I turned 14 I started getting a little acne on my chin so my family ordered proactive and needless to say it actually worked.

just wondering...

That RONCO guy always gave me the creeps.
    !Is he still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Summerz
    !Is he still around?
    LOL is that Ron Popeil who has every invention under the sun for your kitchen.

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Nope.... never bought

I figure, if it's worth the money it'll be at Walmart soon.

Walmart has EVERYTHING.
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...otos196ny8.jpg
    Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Four things

Proactive for my daughter. Like xX said, it worked.

Oxyclean. When it first came out, and the infomercials were the only place you could get it.

Both are now available at stores.

The Sharper Image air cleaner. It's pretty good, although very expensive! As a smoker, it helps a lot, but it gets pretty nasty to clean. The Quadra, lol, it's on right now. Just the 30 second variety.

Yeah, I think most of them are rip offs. But we were happy with these three items.

My dad bought that flashlight you shake up. He got a little one, and a big one. They barely lit up, lol. Totally worthless. They kept sending them to him every couple of weeks, charging him over and over, even though he never called them back or anything. They just kept doing it.

Beware when you give someone your CC number..........

I am tempted to try a new one. Stains R out. My daughter spilled red Kool Aid (Very pissed it wasnt orange, lol) in my wife's brand new Subaru a few years back. There's a huge red stain in front of the front passenger seat. NOTHING has taken it out! I figure twenty bucks is worth a shot. I also have some white Bronco shirts with stains that wont come out. Oxyclean is pretty good, but it dowsnt take out everything.

AZ, remember that coach's shirt I wore that night? I got a drop of hot sauce on it, and it wont come out.

I really like that shirt..........

I did buy one other thing. The fourth item. Tap Lights. They sent me a case of these things. 12 of them.

One worked, lol.

What gets me about them is all the crap you have to buy WITH the original products. That's what holds me back from the Stains R Out. Not only do you get the stuff, double sized and all, lol, you have to get all the other products they make, for just a small shipping charge, lol. I bet it all comes in the one box.

I just want to try the one crappy thing, not a shelf full of stuff that doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerz
    !Is he still around?
    LOL...My sis said he looks like a crook and that stuck with me and I think of that every time I see him...

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    LOL...My sis said he looks like a crook and that stuck with me and I think of that every time I see him...
    I like his knife infomercial.

NOT ONLY do you get the chef's knife, but you get;

The butcher knife

The bread knife

The tomato knife

The steak knives set

The Hari Kari sword (For when you realize you got ripped off)

The cleaver

The fish knife

The olive knive

The pinapple knife

The aluminum can knife

The fence knife

The nail knife. (yeah, I always cut up nails with my kitchen knives, lol)

You need a drawer the size of an old steamer trunk for all the knives they send you for 30 bucks.

Reminds me of the knife shows on the shopping channels.

Anyone buy anything from HSN or any of the other shopping networks? I bought my wife a die cutter thing for cropping (photo albums). She loved it!

Whenever I stay home sick from school I end up watching them...and I ALWAYS get addicted to them. The one I hate even more than the Ronco one though is the Chef Tony guy...he drives me nutso. The ugly jewlry always baffles me too...who would seriously buy it!

The only thing I almost bought was this hair straightener that looked like it worked really well...and my hair is so thick I was very tempted...and the hairagami thing was cool for like 5 seconds.
    ...capture it...remember it...