Page 757 of 1469 FirstFirst ... 257 657 707 747 755 756 757 758 759 767 807 857 1257 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 22021
    Gooo Rockies!! I don't watch much baseball but last nights game was a good one to watch! Very suspenseful.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ashleyangel7/Broncos/orangemanesigga3ep.png[/IMG]
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Impact"]True Female Broncos Fan. Yes, We Exist![/FONT][/SIZE]

Not to sound too chilche here, but this is totally the stuff dreams are made of! That was the best, most exciting baseball game I've seen in a long time. Congrats to Todd Helton and all the Rockies. You guys deserve it!

Dear Lord!! We have a new group of Kardiac Kids in Denver.

I got bored with MNF last night and picked up the Rockies game in the 5th. And after the top of the 13th, I thought... Oh No!!!

What an exciting finish. Certainly hope that Matt is OK today. Looked like his face biffed the ground pretty good.

And watching those replays, I thought that he DID swipe the plate under the catcher's foot. Kinda hard to see but I thought he was safe. The umpire had us all holding our breath for a split second.

WTG ROCKIES!!!

Good Luck with Philly!!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

I just woke up. I still feel like I am dreaming. This season was so great. So perfect. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. Not even that terrible road trip. I love every single thing about the Rockies and the 2007 season.

THERE'S ONLY ONE ROCKTOBER! Go Rockies!
    ...capture it...remember it...

I'm rocking the Rockies signature now! Woo!

Talking Geeked

Its probably already been said, but ill say it again,
    "I bet the guy who started this thread is getting a kick out of this"

At any rate here is how i called the events of last night.

Its been a long while since i last had a ffl weekend and something else consumed me
    more then football, and im pretty sure everyone in denver knows what im talking about,
    and now the rest of the U.S., thats right you guessed it, October Rox.

Back in june when the Colorado Rockies swept the yankees, mets, and more importantly won
    series againts the phillies,redsox on the road mind you, i knew sometime in july
    id have something to pipe off about in october, teams that pull through like that
    on the road, and pull through in critical games, move on, and win bigger things
    then a bag of peanuts and a carton of juju beans.

Im pretty sure ill be making a flight back home this month to watch the Rockies
    Play in the world series, i learned last night to not ever count this team out,
    with a double run in the top of the 13th, i turned to my dvr for heros and solace,
    with anxiety in full swing i went to the pc to check the scoreboard just in case,
    it was 7-8 with holiday on plate, putting my rockie hat back on, buttoning back up my
    jersey, i ran back to the tv and stoped heros, and at that very moment holiday cranked it to right field
    to tie the game, chills, creepy crawlies, whatever you call those things that make your skin crawl,
    was in full effect, helton got walked, and before i knew it, not fully yet soaking in what was going on,
    holiday was headed home, i then yelled and screamed unctrollably without even knowing i was waking up
    the neighboors and wife(In Austin Texas mind you), good goolly baseball gods, i just witnessed a miracal in denver baseball, history is what they are saying was made last night, believer is what i was made into.
    I am football, I am fan, bronco fan i am.

[IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohnsig5rb.jpg[/IMG]
    throwback sig by snk16

My Game Day at the studio
    [IMG]http://mediacast1.com/images/football/dstjohn_just-another-day-in-da-studio.gif[/IMG]

I guess it was naive of me to think that it would just be the old gang for the playoffs

Anyway, this season hasnt just been awsome from a Colorado perspective but from an baseball and historical perspective.

--The Rockies became the 3rd team to win a playoff spot after being 9 games under .500 in a season

--The first ever team to sweep two New York teams in the same season

--First team since the 2001 Mariners to have the MVP and ROY (hopefully, deservingly) on the same team (For the Mariners, it was Ichiro who won both awards)

--First team to finish the season with 90 wins after beginning the month with a .515 winning percentage

--First team ever to win an extra innings playoff affairs.

--The first team to reduce a mediocre football team in a football city to the back pages

--And arguably, the first baseball team that Allen Iverson has ever given a damn about
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Longtime Sufferers

Going into the weekend, the three active players with the longest playoff droughts had a chance to break their skids. Todd Helton and Jeff Cirillo got the job done, so the Mets' collapse will bump Damion Easley to first on an infamous list.

Player Team Games
    Jeff Cirillo D-backs 1617
    Damion Easley Mets 1593
    Todd Helton Rockies 1578
    Jose Vidro Mariners 1333
    Tony Batista Nationals 1309
    Randy Winn Giants 1297
    Mike Sweeney Royals 1282

Congrats Todd!

I'm a huge ego maniac...so if everyone will please take a look at Snapping Turtle's sig...Yeah, I called that. In the midst of our 1-9 roadtrip, nonetheless.

Destiny? I spell it R-O-C-K-I-E-S

Quote Originally Posted by SmithOverTO View Post
    Longtime Sufferers

Going into the weekend, the three active players with the longest playoff droughts had a chance to break their skids. Todd Helton and Jeff Cirillo got the job done, so the Mets' collapse will bump Damion Easley to first on an infamous list.

Player Team Games
    Jeff Cirillo D-backs 1617
    Damion Easley Mets 1593
    Todd Helton Rockies 1578
    Jose Vidro Mariners 1333
    Tony Batista Nationals 1309
    Randy Winn Giants 1297
    Mike Sweeney Royals 1282

Congrats Todd!

I'm a huge ego maniac...so if everyone will please take a look at Snapping Turtle's sig...Yeah, I called that. In the midst of our 1-9 roadtrip, nonetheless.

Destiny? I spell it R-O-C-K-I-E-S

YEAH LOOK AT MY SIG!!

...capture it...remember it...

PHILADELPHIA -- The Colorado Rockies' trip to the National League Division Series took one more game than normal, and their trip to Philadelphia took a little longer than they'd have liked as well.
    The Rockies didn't arrive in Philadelphia until about 9 a.m. ET on Tuesday, so they decided to cancel their workout planned for 4 p.m. ET at Citizens Bank Park.

Part of the issue, of course, was the 13-inning marathon tiebreaker game at Coors Field, finally won after 11 p.m. MT with Matt Holliday's headfirst slide into home plate. That, and the ensuing celebration, got the Rockies off to a slow start out of Denver, and then the charter had to stop to refuel on its way to Philadelphia.

Rockies manager Clint Hurdle, Game 1 starter Jeff Francis and GM Dan O'Dowd will be in the interview room as scheduled in the afternoon.
    Looking up the playoff rosters now, will post em up when I can get ahold of them.
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

I guess it was naive of me to think that it would just be the old gang for the playoffs

Anyway, this season hasnt just been awsome from a Colorado perspective but from an baseball and historical perspective.

--The Rockies became the 3rd team to win a playoff spot after being 9 games under .500 in a season

--The first ever team to sweep two New York teams in the same season

--First team since the 2001 Mariners to have the MVP and ROY (hopefully, deservingly) on the same team (For the Mariners, it was Ichiro who won both awards)

--First team to finish the season with 90 wins after beginning the month with a .515 winning percentage

--First team ever to win an extra innings playoff affairs.

--The first team to reduce a mediocre football team in a football city to the back pages

--And arguably, the first baseball team that Allen Iverson has ever given a damn about

How about the best fielding % ever in the history of the MLB!

That's the HOT ROX baby!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    How about the best fielding % ever in the history of the MLB!

That's the HOT ROX baby!
    I thought we missed out on that with Tulo's error in the 11th last night

I might be wrong...maybe

Here's Tom Verducci's prediction. Not suprising given that the Phils have homefield advantage

Here are two clubs loaded with players who have waited a long time to play in the postseason, and when they get there, what will they find? Maybe not the baseball. These two teams get the networks-don't-care-about-them-Houston-Astros-memorial starting times of 3 PM in the first two games. Good luck with the shadows, guys. Ask Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio how much fun they had with those starting times. This should be a high-scoring series, but the conditions, and Philadelphia left-hander Cole Hamels, may have something to say about that.

In any case, it should be entertaining -- maybe even the most exciting baseball of any playoff series. Both teams have been playing postseason-quality baseball for three weeks under great pressure, the Phillies on a 16-6 run and the Rockies on a historic 14-1 run. Colorado can do almost nothing wrong these days, and even when it does it turns up roses; the Rockies won the wild card when Matt Holliday scored the winning run without touching home plate. Go figure.

Colorado does have one edge with its superior defense, probably the best in the game.

Key player: J.C. Romero, Philadelphia. The left-hander pitched in 20 of the Phillies' final 26 games without allowing a run. He's been lights out against righties (.198) as well as lefties (.208). He gave up just four hits in all of September.

Bottom line: Great series. Think of the 1980 NLCS (Phillies over Astros), only with more runs. It might come down to the last turn at bat in the last game, which the Phillies have. Philadelphia in five.

And: Baseball dying? Maybe not...
    Last edited by SmithOverTO; 10-02-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Good stuff.

Its pretty crazy how the Rockies had that incredible run.
    Its also neat seeing ESPN talk about the Rockies for the first time in ages.

Its hard to believe how they were just a few wins short of the best record in the NL.

I remember when they swept the Yankees and I kept telling all the Rockies fans that they needed those wins more then we did.

They all laughed at me and told me Yankees suck.

But I was right, They needed those wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Good stuff.

Its pretty crazy how the Rockies had that incredible run.
    Its also neat seeing ESPN talk about the Rockies for the first time in ages.

Its hard to believe how they were just a few wins short of the best record in the NL.

I remember when they swept the Yankees and I kept telling all the Rockies fans that they needed those wins more then we did.

They all laughed at me and told me Yankees suck.

But I was right, They needed those wins.
    Typical Yankees and their second halfs. Bloody unbeatable.

Yeah, if Brian hadnt blown just one of those saves on that dreadful roadtrip, we'd have the division.

But...I never said we'd win the division

Typical Yankees and their second halfs. Bloody unbeatable.

Yeah, if Brian hadnt blown just one of those saves on that dreadful roadtrip, we'd have the division.

But...I never said we'd win the division :
    You never said you would win the division because you talked about them AFTER that 1-9 trip. If they went 9-1 you would have said division champs.

But I'm glad they are the wildcard.
    I wouldn't get to watch them in the NLDS if they won the division.
    So it all works out good.

Its still crazy how they won last night.
    I hope they dont get emotionally drained out until the World Series.

It be nice to see both Wildcard teams make the WS.
    It happened last year.