Page 769 of 1469 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 767 768 769 770 771 779 819 869 1269 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 22021
  1. #11521
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Albq,NM
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    I knew the Phillies would have a problem going in. They dont have the pitching to deal with that lineup. The Rockies, meanwhile, have the good/decent pitching. Heres the thing though: If the Cubs and Dbacks go 4 or 5 games, it might be more beneficial to the Rockies to not sweep since. They need to keep playing so they dont cool off.
    I don't see the Rockies wanting to lose on purpose, sorry!

    Rockies win! I just got done watching the game. Morales was really nervious, had to expect that, but after he was called for touching his mouth things really got bad. Good to see the Rockies bats continue to roll, Tulo/Holliday does not hurt to set the tempo early!

    1 more! Phillies will be looking to strike back, just keep limiting it to only one or 2 Phills that get going like today, Rollins/Howard, Rockies will again have a shot!
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

    Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    #180
    #211
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

  2. #11522
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Springs
    Posts
    70
    Go Rocks! Blake Street Bombers all the freaking way

  3. #11523
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    I don't see the Rockies wanting to lose on purpose, sorry!

    Rockies win! I just got done watching the game. Morales was really nervious, had to expect that, but after he was called for touching his mouth things really got bad. Good to see the Rockies bats continue to roll, Tulo/Holliday does not hurt to set the tempo early!

    1 more! Phillies will be looking to strike back, just keep limiting it to only one or 2 Phills that get going like today, Rollins/Howard, Rockies will again have a shot!
    What a dumb remark. No one is suggesting they lose on purpose.

  4. #11524
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Albq,NM
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    What a dumb remark. No one is suggesting they lose on purpose.
    What a dumb remark? You said it would be better for them to lose in a round about way, then you say my remark is stupid? Ok!
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

    Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    #180
    #211
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

  5. #11525
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    What a dumb remark? You said it would be better for them to lose in a round about way, then you say my remark is stupid? Ok!
    Again, no one said they should go out and try to lose. I cant believe I have to point this out. Essentially, I said it would be beneficial if it went 4 games and not 3 depending on how long the Cubs-Dbacks series goes. This point was fairly clear and another poster responded accordingly. You, on the other hand, are not capable of seeing the difference between saying "losing one game may not be so bad" as opposed to "they should try to lose one."

  6. #11526
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I suck at smack....I really do.
    I'm not good at it either but I thought I had a clever remark that got overlooked by Av06 and Lex going at it.

    Guess we can start the smack losers club.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  7. #11527
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Albq,NM
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Again, no one said they should go out and try to lose. I cant believe I have to point this out. Essentially, I said it would be beneficial if it went 4 games and not 3 depending on how long the Cubs-Dbacks series goes. This point was fairly clear and another poster responded accordingly. You, on the other hand, are not capable of seeing the difference between saying "losing one game may not be so bad" as opposed to "they should try to lose one."
    You know I do not see the need to bicker with you at all, you feel that they could do ok with losing a game, I see your point, but I thought I was not capable??
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 10-04-2007 at 11:12 PM.
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

    Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    #180
    #211
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

  8. #11528
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,248
    It's too bad Lohse didn't pour water on his jersey before pitching to Matsui.....

  9. #11529
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Aspen Highlands
    Posts
    2,649

    How bout them ROCKIES !!

    Sorry, I just needed to get off track ......

    The whole T Henry thing is bringing me down.

  10. #11530
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    Man...what's this thread come to?


    We're up 2-0 in a best of 5, going home and laughing about it. And oh yeah...


    From J.Stark



    Matsui had never hit a regular-season grand slam since arriving in the U.S. of A., in 25 career bases-loaded plate appearances. But one 370-foot rocket later, he now owns more postseason slams (one) than Babe Ruth (zero).
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  11. #11531
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    No way the Red Sox beat the Rox.


    I suck at smack....I really do. I know jack squat about most AL teams so I wouldnt even know where to start. Now id this was Padres/D'Backs smack BRING IT ON!

    I saw a couple people talking about how long they have been fans of their team...it made me laugh because I have been a Rockies fan the whole time they have existed. Mom and Dad were at the first game they ever played and liked it so much they brought me and my little brother the next day. I dont really remember that game because I was like 4....but I was there. I was also at the first game ever played at Coors Field. Been a Rockies fan forever. I stopped caring as much once The Big Cat left, but I got back into it around 2002. Even then I was just a casual fan. The passion for me came back in 2003. I found a player that I liked to follow and the rest is history!


    Go Rox!
    Indeed.

    No one can ever accuse of being bandwagoners


    And I would highly suggest all Colorado Rockies fans watch the Press Conference on Rockies.com

    And the Denver Post has a grand prediction:

    National League's best team

    SI's West is Best


    And Kaz continues to sparkle:


    3. You know the Rockies are working with some ridiculously strong karma when Kaz Matsui goes all Babe Ruth on the Phillies. Matsui did not hit a home run on the road the entire season and had never hit one in his career with the bases loaded; but there he was breaking open Game 2 with a slam in Philly. Matsui joined Lou Brock (1968 World Series, Game 4) as the only players ever to miss a postseason cycle by a single. (No one has cycled in the postseason.) He is just the fifth leadoff hitter with five RBIs in a postseason game. Come to think of it, even the Babe never drove in five in October.
    Last edited by SmithOverTO; 10-05-2007 at 06:44 AM.
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  12. #11532
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,434
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithOverTO View Post
    Indeed.

    No one can ever accuse of being bandwagoners


    And I would highly suggest all Colorado Rockies fans watch the Press Conference on Rockies.com

    And the Denver Post has a grand prediction:

    National League's best team

    SI's West is Best


    And Kaz continues to sparkle:


    3. You know the Rockies are working with some ridiculously strong karma when Kaz Matsui goes all Babe Ruth on the Phillies. Matsui did not hit a home run on the road the entire season and had never hit one in his career with the bases loaded; but there he was breaking open Game 2 with a slam in Philly. Matsui joined Lou Brock (1968 World Series, Game 4) as the only players ever to miss a postseason cycle by a single. (No one has cycled in the postseason.) He is just the fifth leadoff hitter with five RBIs in a postseason game. Come to think of it, even the Babe never drove in five in October.


    You find the best articles Smithy! I come in here every morning and see what you have posted to start my day off right. Who needs breakfast when you have Rockies articles!!!!!!!!!!
    ...capture it...remember it...

  13. #11533
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    You find the best articles Smithy! I come in here every morning and see what you have posted to start my day off right. Who needs breakfast when you have Rockies articles!!!!!!!!!!
    Just doin me job



    No Rox today


    Ah well...it wont hurt me to get out and about


    16 out of 17...941 winning percentage! Whooot!
    Last edited by SmithOverTO; 10-05-2007 at 10:30 AM.
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  14. #11534
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I was just reading SPORTS ILLUSTRATED and noticed that the Rockies have been placed under the "not" section in the hot Hot and Not.

    Whatever. EAT YOUR WORDS SI, EAT YOUR WORDS.
    You said this on 5-26-2007 and it made me laugh soooooooo hard, Snap


    Cuz it's sooooooooo true!
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  15. #11535
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    259
    Well I haven't really been posting a lot lately, but i have read through a good chunk of the posts on here. Its good to see the team playing so well, 1 more win and its our first ever advancement in the playoffs! i am very pleased with this team and they have far exceeded my expectations for the year.

    I have good news that i think everyone will enjoy:

    http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_7078026

    I have been one of the guys that have gotten on the ownership in the past and wanted the Monforts to sell the team to some one more dedicated to keeping our players but this looks like a good sign to me and hopefully they will follow through with it and its not just empty words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •