Page 794 of 1469 FirstFirst ... 294 694 744 784 792 793 794 795 796 804 844 894 1294 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 22021
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I woke up this morning. I was laying in bed and couldn't believe that today could be the day the Rockies go to the World Series.

Holy Crap.

I am so stoked.
    It really is UNREAL. It's absolutely amazing!

WE COULD GO TO THE WORLD SERIES!

The Colorado fricken Rockies! I knew it would happen but in like...2010
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SmithOverTO View Post
    It really is UNREAL. It's absolutely amazing!

WE COULD GO TO THE WORLD SERIES!

The Colorado fricken Rockies! I knew it would happen but in like...2010
    Smithy...I love the bandwagon fans but you and me and Cinn....we need WS Rings. We've been waiting a LONG time for this.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Smithy...I love the bandwagon fans but you and me and Cinn....we need WS Rings. We've been waiting a LONG time for this.
    I'd take a playoff share

It's been a long ride...but THANK GOD we are not Cubbie fans

Hell, Elmer Dessens and Gerinomo Gill get one too, If I remember correctly. Every player that was on the active roster during the regular season gets a playoff share, I think

But one win away from the World Series...the FRICKEN World Series...did you think we'd ever write that Snap, Cinny?
    Wait, even Mabry and Finley get a ring?

They must be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    Wait, even Mabry and Finley get a ring?

They must be stoked.
    Not rings, but playoff shares...it's confusing

Not rings, but playoff shares...it's confusing
    That I'm okay with.

Odd rules though.

I think AZ will win tonight, and IF they do, I think they will win again with Webb on the bump in Colorado for game 5.

BUT I have little to no confidence in Doug Davis or Livan Hernandez so it's gonna take an absolute miracle.

What the Rox have been able to do just to BE here and the Amazing perfromance that has continued throughout the playoffs so far is just incredible. It pains me to say these things about the team that is beating mine, but I am an honest man, and I call it how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    That I'm okay with.

Odd rules though.
    It's called willful contribution I think

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    I think AZ will win tonight, and IF they do, I think they will win again with Webb on the bump in Colorado for game 5.

BUT I have little to no confidence in Doug Davis or Livan Hernandez so it's gonna take an absolute miracle.

What the Rox have been able to do just to BE here and the Amazing perfromance that has continued throughout the playoffs so far is just incredible. It pains me to say these things about the team that is beating mine, but I am an honest man, and I call it how I see it.
    Well the NL is going to be amazing with these two teams in the forefront. Forget the Mets, forget the Phillies, forget the Cardinals/Cubs. Our two teams are the future

Well the NL is going to be amazing with these two teams in the forefront. Forget the Mets, forget the Phillies, forget the Cardinals/Cubs. Our two teams are the future
    Yea, I agree. I truly feel that it is amazing what the Rockies and Diamondbacks have been able to do with their Farm systems. Our 2 teams AAA system is rediculous and continues to produce quality ballplayer after quality ballplayer. Arizona nor Colorado has gone out and tried to PURCHASE some big name player (though Holliday is MVP caliber, not taking anything away from him).

It's not like anybody predicted our 2 teams to be where they are at. They have gotten this far with young players getting timely hits, solid defense, and great bullpens with great closers (Valverde, Corpas)

Your exactly right tho pal, we both will be good for years to come.

Amen to that.

Well done Rox!!!!

Going for the sweep tonight versus my can't seem to catch a break Diamondbacks

The Rockies are on a serious ROLL

Lights out defense (the best I have ever seen)....clutch hitting (tremendous at bats with two outs)....GREAT pitching (how many double plays can a team induce)....

The D-Backs are actually playing decent ball....the Rockies can just do NO WRONG currently....

Hopefully the Snakes can find a way to win tonight and get the ball to Brandon tomorrow with a chance to make it interesting!!!!

With that being said....I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the Rockies sweep the Snakes tonight....

This run the Rox are on reminds me of the Steelers two seasons ago....the Steelers had to win like their last 5 regular season games just to make the playoffs and then they just rolled right through everyone on their way to the Lombardi Trophy!!!! If the Snakes don't advance, I would love nothing more than to see the Rockies pull a 2005 Steelers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TR3Y View Post
    Going for the sweep tonight versus my can't seem to catch a break Diamondbacks

The Rockies are on a serious ROLL

Lights out defense (the best I have ever seen)....clutch hitting (tremendous at bats with two outs)....GREAT pitching (how many double plays can a team induce)....

The D-Backs are actually playing decent ball....the Rockies can just do NO WRONG currently....

Hopefully the Snakes can find a way to win tonight and get the ball to Brandon tomorrow with a chance to make it interesting!!!!

With that being said....I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the Rockies sweep the Snakes tonight....

This run the Rox are on reminds me of the Steelers two seasons ago....the Steelers had to win like their last 5 regular season games just to make the playoffs and then they just rolled right through everyone on their way to the Lombardi Trophy!!!! If the Snakes don't advance, I would love nothing more than to see the Rockies pull a 2005 Steelers!!!!

Thanks for the props

Yeah, it'll be a blast

I'm going to be a bold prediction: We'll meet in the same series a year from now

I am extremely happy right now for the Rockies! Take it to 'em again tonight, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    You better get your World Series tickets!! :ro:
    For sure.
    Hopefully I improve to 8-0

But this is crazy.
    The weather looks a lot better then last night.

I hope to see a packed house there.

Who whoudl have thought the Rockies would be this close to a World Series?
    This is the best run I've ever seen. What if they win it all this year and then win thier first 20 games of next year?

and Cinn: Just hope that they lose today so that way you can watch game 5.

But Go Rockies. Keep the streak alive.

Its wierd how exciting Rockies games are in the playoffs versus the Regular season. It seems like in the Regular season its mainly casual fans who are just at a game to socialize. But people turn it up a notch for the playoffs and are actually into it.

Good luck guys.

I was just thinking of something funny.

I took my mom down to Denver for the Broncos/Raiders game on her birthday(September 16th). And the day before We were going to go to the Rockies/Marlins game on the 15th but she would rather watch paint dry then a baseball game. Plus the Marlins KILLED the Rockies that game I think. So instead we ended up seeing 3 movies in the theatres for the price of 1. Because were Sneaky

Now on to Sunday. After the Raiders/Broncos game we were eating in the ESPNZONE and she was asking me about baseball and stuff. And she said: So are the Rockies gonna make it? And I said: Naw, not unless they win every game or something I was pretty much joking when I said that because I honestly didn't see them winning almost every game and making the playoffs.

Then today I talked to her on the phone and she said: I thought you said the Rockies wern't going to be in the playoffs? And then I said: They ended up winning pretty much all their games. I didn't see that coming.

I just thought that was pretty funny how back then it looked bleak and how they just went on a roll. Pretty impressive stuff.

Hopefully they win thier 21st out 22 games tonight. It doesn't look like there will be rain in the forecast for tonights game.