Page 1234 of 1469 FirstFirst ... 234 734 1134 1184 1224 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1244 1284 1334 ... LastLast
Results 18,496 to 18,510 of 22021
  1. #18496
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    I am doing pretty good. As the Rockies Commercials say "Is it April Yet"? I think we have about 42 days till pitchers and catchers report.
    Good to hear you're well. I love those commercials. I need baseball soon though, there is nothing better.
    ...capture it...remember it...

  2. #18497
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    1,585
    Colorado has just signed Carlos Gonzalez to a seven year $ 80 million dollar extension pending a physical ...

    Yeah your team is such a small market team how could they ever compete with Boston , New York ... ETC

    so lets see $157.75 million to Tulo and now $80 million to Cargo that comes to the sum of $237.75 million for two players in one offseason ...

    Boston has signed Crawford as our big ticket signing and he signed a seven year $142 million dollar contract.

    Clearly Colorado has the money as everyone else so stop crying when you lose to teams with money and it's not just your team that does it I'm talking Washington,Florida,Kansas City,Arizona,Seattle ETC

    Just cause your team sucks it isn't the Riches fault

  3. #18498
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,346
    Quote Originally Posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    Colorado has just signed Carlos Gonzalez to a seven year $ 80 million dollar extension pending a physical ...

    Yeah your team is such a small market team how could they ever compete with Boston , New York ... ETC

    so lets see $157.75 million to Tulo and now $80 million to Cargo that comes to the sum of $237.75 million for two players in one offseason ...

    Boston has signed Crawford as our big ticket signing and he signed a seven year $142 million dollar contract.

    Clearly Colorado has the money as everyone else so stop crying when you lose to teams with money and it's not just your team that does it I'm talking Washington,Florida,Kansas City,Arizona,Seattle ETC

    Just cause your team sucks it isn't the Riches fault
    We don't have the money to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox in free agency. but do we need it? Nope. Our farm system is so good we don't need to. Believe me, if we had the money Boston and New York does, we would VERY LIKELY have signed some elite player this offseason.
    Last edited by BroncoFanBoy; 01-04-2011 at 10:22 PM.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  4. #18499
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,586
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Since when did the Rockies suck? even if you have a lot to spend, you still gotta be smart with your money and team. The Mariners are a good example of one who sucks but has a large payroll.
    As much as I have hammered snake in the past for his posts, I do not think he was saying the Rockies stink. I THINK his point was a
    was that in the past when "small market" team have struggled they try to say they cannot afford to pay their big name players and that is why they struggle. Which I personaly have never believed. That being sad I am happy to see teams paying to keep there young talent.

  5. #18500
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    As much as I have hammered snake in the past for his posts, I do not think he was saying the Rockies stink. I THINK his point was a
    was that in the past when "small market" team have struggled they try to say they cannot afford to pay their big name players and that is why they struggle. Which I personaly have never believed. That being sad I am happy to see teams paying to keep there young talent.
    If he is saying we have money like Boston or NYY - He is out of his damn mind.

    We are still a small market. We have like an 80m cap a year.

    We just signed CarGo (soon) to a hell of a deal for us, cheap.

    Then we signed Tulo like we signed Helton.

    O'Dowd is just very smart about what he does.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas


  6. #18501
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    If he is saying we have money like Boston or NYY - He is out of his damn mind.

    We are still a small market. We have like an 80m cap a year.

    We just signed CarGo (soon) to a hell of a deal for us, cheap.

    Then we signed Tulo like we signed Helton.

    O'Dowd is just very smart about what he does.
    Agreed. It's not often we splurge on players, and we've never outbid the rest of the league for a top free agent from another team (like Crawford). Still no similarity to us and the Red Sox, except for the fact that neither of us suck.
    "In the red zone, in the red zone...Let's get 7, let's get 7."

    Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche

  7. #18502
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    If he is saying we have money like Boston or NYY - He is out of his damn mind.

    We are still a small market. We have like an 80m cap a year.

    We just signed CarGo (soon) to a hell of a deal for us, cheap.

    Then we signed Tulo like we signed Helton.

    O'Dowd is just very smart about what he does.
    No one is saying that you, or most other teams have the War Chests the Red Sox and Yanks do. The point is team have fat more then they let on. If your cap is 80 million, you need a better and front office. Because according to Forbes.com in 2009 you revived 77 Million in revenue sharing. That means the Rockies only had to play three million dollars out of their own pocket to field a team. What happens to the tens of millions of dollars they get from the TV deal with Fox Rocky Mountian, Radio Deal with 850KOA, season tickets, "walk up" ticket sales, concessions, assorted Rockies gear, parking, other deals to be the "Official -------- of the Colorado Rockies.

    The whole point I think he was making, and I am trying to make is that WHEN a "small market" team struggles it is not the fault of the teams that make more money. The fault is in owners and GM not spending, in smart ways, when they can.

  8. #18503
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    No one is saying that you, or most other teams have the War Chests the Red Sox and Yanks do. The point is team have fat more then they let on. If your cap is 80 million, you need a better and front office. Because according to Forbes.com in 2009 you revived 77 Million in revenue sharing. That means the Rockies only had to play three million dollars out of their own pocket to field a team. What happens to the tens of millions of dollars they get from the TV deal with Fox Rocky Mountian, Radio Deal with 850KOA, season tickets, "walk up" ticket sales, concessions, assorted Rockies gear, parking, other deals to be the "Official -------- of the Colorado Rockies.

    The whole point I think he was making, and I am trying to make is that WHEN a "small market" team struggles it is not the fault of the teams that make more money. The fault is in owners and GM not spending, in smart ways, when they can.
    Well, yes, true, it's not Boston or New York's fault some small market teams that currently suck (like the Pirates or Royals) are terrible. We're successful because we manage the team well and have a very good farm system. You can't really use the "the other team is overpraying" excuse for that. Do the Rockies go out and try signing the best players on the market every offseason like the Yankees and Red Sox do? No. They don't.

    So, yes, I agree.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  9. #18504
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    1,585
    South thank you for having my back ...

    For the rest of you stop putting words in my mouth what I said was like south said "Fans" not meaning anyone here of small market teams cry like abunch of babies when they lose to just better teams.

    Like in 2007 Boston was better not because we had more money then Colorado but because we had better players. And befoe anyone jumps in and is all "Yeah cause you have more money" the only players on that team that were not home grown where

    J.D. Drew

    Julio Lugo

    David Ortiz

    Manny Ramirez

    Mike Timlin

    Josh Beckett

    Mike Lowell

    Hydeki Okajima

    Daisuke Matsuzaka


    Everyone else was drafted by the Sox or we got in a trade and like I said in a post that was unjustly removed because I called no names and followed the rules but what ever

    I like Colorado ... a lot in fact they're a good young team I've never said otherwise, But for "Rockies Fans" to claim they get no respect is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. in 2007 everyone said they would probably win the world Series after going 21 of 22 which is damn impressive then in 2009 they played Philadelphia and everyone said they would win and make it back to the NLCS.

    The Rockies are respected they're a good team but to say "we have no money" then blow $253 million dollars on two players in stupid and I'm sick of hearing it.

    FOR THE LAST TIME MONEY DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!

  10. #18505
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    832
    In MLB, money seems to be a major factor in getting teams into the post season or at least competing for a post season shot consistently (The Twins are one big exception that enters my mind), but it does not equate to a free World Series win.

    Baseball, more than the other big 4 sports, seems to have the a balance issue because of money. Year in and year out, we know the Yanks and Red Sox can often compete and win because they have high payrolls. Teams like the Pirates, who can't spend the money, aren't going to win year to year.

  11. #18506
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,346
    Quote Originally Posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    South thank you for having my back ...

    For the rest of you stop putting words in my mouth what I said was like south said "Fans" not meaning anyone here of small market teams cry like abunch of babies when they lose to just better teams.

    Like in 2007 Boston was better not because we had more money then Colorado but because we had better players. And befoe anyone jumps in and is all "Yeah cause you have more money" the only players on that team that were not home grown where

    J.D. Drew

    Julio Lugo

    David Ortiz

    Manny Ramirez

    Mike Timlin

    Josh Beckett

    Mike Lowell

    Hydeki Okajima

    Daisuke Matsuzaka


    Everyone else was drafted by the Sox or we got in a trade and like I said in a post that was unjustly removed because I called no names and followed the rules but what ever

    I like Colorado ... a lot in fact they're a good young team I've never said otherwise, But for "Rockies Fans" to claim they get no respect is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. in 2007 everyone said they would probably win the world Series after going 21 of 22 which is damn impressive then in 2009 they played Philadelphia and everyone said they would win and make it back to the NLCS.

    The Rockies are respected they're a good team but to say "we have no money" then blow $253 million dollars on two players in stupid and I'm sick of hearing it.

    FOR THE LAST TIME MONEY DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!
    it can help, but yes, I do agree. You still gotta be smart with the team and who you're getting. Boston does have a high payroll. We're probably a little above average at best.

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

  12. #18507
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    it can help, but yes, I do agree. You still gotta be smart with the team and who you're getting. Boston does have a high payroll. We're probably a little above average at best.
    If it were only the rich teams that make it to the post season every year then why has Tampa Bay made it twice in the last three ? years including to he World Series in 2008.

    By a lot of fans standards it always comes down to the same teams meaning Boston and New York ... Sadly Boston wasn't in the playoffs this year and that has happened twice also in 2006. So the team that has the third highest payroll didn't even make it to the playoffs this season.

    Third Highest ? ... Who has the second ? ... I'll tell you (sorry big Craig Ferguson fan)

    The Chicago Cubs ... WHAT ?!?!?!?!!!

    Thats right the Chicago Cubs have more money then the Boston Red Sox and they are a terrible team.

    In fact the Cubs (second highest payoll) haven't made the post season since 2007. and lasted all of three games.

    Not to mention they haven't won the World Series since 1908. Let that sink in over 100 years

    So Again

    MONEY DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS

  13. #18508
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    it can help, but yes, I do agree. You still gotta be smart with the team and who you're getting. Boston does have a high payroll. We're probably a little above average at best.
    If it were only the rich teams that make it to the post season every year then why has Tampa Bay made it twice in the last three ? years including to the World Series in 2008.

    By a lot of fans standards it always comes down to the same teams meaning Boston and New York ... Sadly Boston wasn't in the playoffs this year and that has happened twice also in 2006. So the team that has the third highest payroll didn't even make it to the playoffs this season.

    Third Highest ? ... Who has the second ? ... I'll tell you (sorry big Craig Ferguson fan)

    The Chicago Cubs ... WHAT ?!?!?!?!!!

    Thats right the Chicago Cubs have more money then the Boston Red Sox and they are a terrible team.

    In fact the Cubs (second highest payoll) haven't made the post season since 2007. and lasted all of three games.

    Not to mention they haven't won the World Series since 1908. Let that sink in over 100 years

    So Again

    MONEY DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS

  14. #18509
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,586
    Quote Originally Posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    If it were only the rich teams that make it to the post season every year then why has Tampa Bay made it twice in the last three ? years including to the World Series in 2008.

    By a lot of fans standards it always comes down to the same teams meaning Boston and New York ... Sadly Boston wasn't in the playoffs this year and that has happened twice also in 2006. So the team that has the third highest payroll didn't even make it to the playoffs this season.

    Third Highest ? ... Who has the second ? ... I'll tell you (sorry big Craig Ferguson fan)

    The Chicago Cubs ... WHAT ?!?!?!?!!!

    Thats right the Chicago Cubs have more money then the Boston Red Sox and they are a terrible team.

    In fact the Cubs (second highest payoll) haven't made the post season since 2007. and lasted all of three games.

    Not to mention they haven't won the World Series since 1908. Let that sink in over 100 years

    So Again

    MONEY DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Why are you arguing with someone that agreed with your post?

  15. #18510
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,434
    Well, I hate to change th subject....but Larry Walker didn't make the HOF. No surprise there if you ask me. I wish he would have made it, but maybe next time. He got 20.3% percent of the vote, so...it could go either way for him really.

    I want a Rockies player in the Hall dangit. Well, Todd better get there but that won't be for awhile.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •