Page 3 of 1469 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken
    I've been saying it for weeks now... this All-Star voting is horse s***. Matt Holliday is 15th in outfield voting. He's batting .352/.396/.614 with 45 extra-base hits including 15 homers. Like any slugger, his K/BB ratio is ugly, but that's no excuse for him to be this low in the voting. Oh well, hopefully come September, Colorado will get its due exposure. In the meantime, hopefully Phil Garner will choose Holliday on the NL team.
    Jose Lopez...the AL's best second-bagger...wasn't even in the top 5 'til a week ago. I'm not saying Iguchi doesn't deserve it...he does. But, Ozzie better handpick Jose. They're both Venezualen, so maybe he's got that going for him.

Also, JJ Putz (dude in my avy) has gotten NO LOVE whatsoever. I don't think you can even write him in. He is legit...98 gas and a 91 split. He made Barry Bonds look like an old lady.

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Jose Lopez...the AL's best second-bagger...wasn't even in the top 5 'til a week ago. I'm not saying Iguchi doesn't deserve it...he does. But, Ozzie better handpick Jose. They're both Venezualen, so maybe he's got that going for him.

Also, JJ Putz (dude in my avy) has gotten NO LOVE whatsoever. I don't think you can even write him in. He is legit...98 gas and a 91 split. He made Barry Bonds look like an old lady.
    Yeah, there are a lot of injustices in the All-Star voting. Matt Holliday is just the one relevant to the thread. But seriously, Holliday is behind Xavier Nady? That's just outrageous. It's too bad that the league is afraid to take away fan voting because the All-Star Game is supposed to be a fan-centered event. I just wish the players and coaches could vote instead.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken
    Yeah, there are a lot of injustices in the All-Star voting. Matt Holliday is just the one relevant to the thread. But seriously, Holliday is behind Xavier Nady? That's just outrageous. It's too bad that the league is afraid to take away fan voting because the All-Star Game is supposed to be a fan-centered event. I just wish the players and coaches could vote instead.
    I would like to see a voting system similar to the NFLs where fans votes count 1/3 of the way, then the other 2/3 are from coaches and players.

How does everyone feel about Torrealba and Closser?

I keep wishing that Hurdle would put Closser in more due to his better batting. I know he doesn't have as many RBIs as Torrealba, but hes much more consistant on a regular basis.

I also am not fond of Torrealba's catching. I definately think he has a better arm than Closser, but he sometimes seems a bit lazy when blocking/catching a wild pitch.

What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    I would like to see a voting system similar to the NFLs where fans votes count 1/3 of the way, then the other 2/3 are from coaches and players.

How does everyone feel about Torrealba and Closser?

I keep wishing that Hurdle would put Closser in more due to his better batting. I know he doesn't have as many RBIs as Torrealba, but hes much more consistant on a regular basis.

I also am not fond of Torrealba's catching. I definately think he has a better arm than Closser, but he sometimes seems a bit lazy when blocking/catching a wild pitch.

What do you all think?
    When Yorvit came to Seattle last year, he was an excellent defensive catcher and he's got a gun. That's always been his rep...a .250 bat with solid D behind the plate. He always keeps his little beard thingy neat and trim too...

Do you guys remember Marcos Carvajal? He was the pitching prospect that you guys sent our way for Yorvit. Lots of people in the Rox blogosphere were red in the face over this deal, but rest easy. O'Dowd knew something we all didn't, because Carvajal was dealt again to Tampa Bay due to a severe case of immaturity. Apparently, he went off on an exec when he learned that he wasn't on the major league roster.

Oh, and one more thing, one way to remember how to spell Torrealba:

Joe Torre
    ------------------------TorreAlba
    Jessica Alba

JoeJessica...his nickname is JoeJessica.

How could I forget?

You Rox fans are in for a massive ass kicking over the next 3 days...get ready.

You Rox fans are in for a massive ass kicking over the next 3 days...get ready.
    You know, I was enjoying your post on JoeJessica, then I come to this muck!

I was just wondering if I have been impatient with Torrealba, and I really like what Closser has done to improve himself after being sent to AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    You know, I was enjoying your post on JoeJessica, then I come to this muck!

I was just wondering if I have been impatient with Torrealba, and I really like what Closser has done to improve himself after being sent to AAA.
    I wouldn't worry about being "impatient" with JoeJessica. He's really nothing special IMO...a fringe starter in other words. If Closser can swing the stick and play passable D, he should probably be starting over Yorvit.

I generally like the Mariners. But for the next three days, they're dead to me. Hopefully, the bottom of the rotation can keep it up the solid play in the first two games.

I'm happy with our current catchers. Neither has batted up to their ability, but they're both very good defensive catchers. Torrealba's got a rocket for an arm and I'm amazed with Closser's immense improvement and work ethic. Also, we've still got Ardoin on the DL, who is our best defensive catcher, and Ojeda in the Mexican Leagues ready to be called up at any time. It's good to have 4 big league-caliber catchers with significant experience. Still, I don't think either are in the long term plans though. Chris Iannetta's a real great catcher in the making. Solid behind the plate, hits for average and power, 1:1 K/BB ratio.

By the way, I believe Spilborghs will be DH tomorrow against lefty Jamie Moyer since the only other right-handed bat we've got is Choo Freeman. How would you guys feel about that? I personally really like the way he's played when he's started. He doesn't hit for power like a traditional DH (or Piedra) would, but he's solid nonetheless. It's a shame he hasn't played much lately. All his pinch hit appearances are hurting his average.

It's also a shame Ryan Shealy keeps getting hurt when the Rockies actually need him in the big leagues (when Helton was sick, interleague play). It really would've gotten him some much needed experience and increased his trade value.

Shut out by Josh Fogg? WTH is this???

Shut out by Josh Fogg? WTH is this???
    HAHA. I'm just as shocked as you are. Could you imagine if he threw a complete game shutout?

This ump is a tightass. His zone's about 1 foot wide.

I don't know who's been pitching for the Rockies tonight, but it sure as hell is not Josh Fogg.

Wow, this game is going fast. It's only been 1 hour, 40 minutes and it's the middle of the 8th.

1-2-3 8th inning. I have a feeling that Hurdle's going to bring in Fuentes in the 9th if the Rockies don't score, but I hope Fogg gets a shot at the shutout.

Sexson calling timeout twice in a row...hahaha.