Hybrid View

For how many years we should sign Jay Cutler?

I would like to hear that we sign him for 6 or 7 years. I guess that he will be the QB of the future for Denver for years and years to come. We got him in the first round so he must be expecting to be well payed i think. What do you think guys?
    Last edited by Tour; 07-12-2006 at 07:47 PM. Reason: i confuse sign with sing

Quote Originally Posted by Tour
    I would like to hear that we sing him for 6 or 7 years. I guess that he will be the QB of the future for Denver for years and years to come. We got him in the first round so he must be expecting to be well payed i think. What do you think guys?
    I don't know the lyrics?

What tune is it? Is it classical, jazz, hip-hop, pop, rock?

I need more feedback!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Well, if you wanted me to sing about Cutler, then fine!

LA LA LA!! JAY CUTLER!
    YOU ARE NOT MY BUTLER!
    LA LA!!!!!

just kidding man

I would say something similar to Lelie, but with more money. So probably a 6 year contract that can have its last year nullified if certain stats are reached.

6 years, 42 million, 15 million signing bonus

5 years, 18 million signing bonus, 40 million total. The signing bonus will be divided however. The last year of the contract will be around 9 million.

Just watch and learn.
    Last edited by watermock; 07-17-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by watermock
    5 years, 18 million signing bonus, 40 million total. The signing bonus will be divided however. The last year of the contract will be around 9 million.

Just watch and learn.
    This a Mock lock or just what you think it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by watermock

Just watch and learn.
    9 million in the last year + bonus? If he does turn out to be good you know what we would have to pay him after that contract is up since he will only want more than he was making?

I'm hoping it's at least five years since he'll be sitting on the bench for one. . . realistically, I think he'll get something similar to what Big Ben got.

I'll say six years, 15 million with a seven million dollar signing bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    6 years, 42 million, 15 million signing bonus

This is actually very likely. Maybe with a few more bucks in the total salary.

Maybe we should give him a contract that says: "length: By all his career". Of course if he doesnt respond as we hope, we would look bad.

BTW... Stop at once, of wrinting lyrics!!! its not funny ... well it is. The point is, i've already admit that i made that mistake.

This is actually very likely. Maybe with a few more bucks in the total salary.

Maybe we should give him a contract that says: "length: By all his career". Of course if he doesnt respond as we hope, we would look bad.

BTW... Stop at once, of wrinting lyrics!!! its not funny ... well it is. The point is, i've already admit that i made that mistake.
    That is not very realistic or likely. If we pay him an average of 7 mil a year, with that contract that is the average if he is including the bonus in there, then do you know how much it would cost to keep him around if he does anything with his career? By the end of that 6 years he would be making 9 mil or more a season and to resign him would eat our entire cap for however long he stays since I highly doubt he would want a pay decrease....

I would like to hear that we sign him for 6 or 7 years. I guess that he will be the QB of the future for Denver for years and years to come. We got him in the first round so he must be expecting to be well payed i think. What do you think guys?
    I think the Broncos have had luck with the number 7 !