Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brandon Marshall

Last Night on NFL Rookie Premire, Brandon Marshall was on it and he won the Preliminary Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year award. The fans had to vote on who should win it after hearing on why they should vote for them. Brandon Marshall told people that they should vote for him because it is all about the smile. And he WON. He gets a customized Pepsi Machine full of pepsi products. GO BRANDON.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

lol, thats funny stuff.

Haha, that's awesome. Hopefully he'll be smiling a lot this season.
    DARRENT WILLIAMS
    1982-2007

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

There is something about him, I get the feeling he is going to be special and it doesn't matter who our #3 WR is,if Brandon doesn't win out he will definitely take catches away from the #3. Anybody catch the Scouting Combine rerun on NFL network? Did not see Marshall but did see alot of Jay and some of Scheffler and M.Bell.

Marshall was impressive in offseason camps and the big rookie could contribute in some role this year.
    [IMG]http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Jay-Cutler-Photograph-C13181709.jpeg[/IMG]

I doubt that he will be much of a factor this year but may have a great future in DEN, He has a lot of talent in front of him and as we have seen over the years that rookie WRs just do not explode in Mikey's offense regardless of who the QB is.

Learning the playbook, how to block down field, beating out talented folks that have some time in the system and a myriad of other things pretty much rule him out the OROY chances.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ
    I doubt that he will be much of a factor this year but may have a great future in DEN, He has a lot of talent in front of him and as we have seen over the years that rookie WRs just do not explode in Mikey's offense regardless of who the QB is.

Learning the playbook, how to block down field, beating out talented folks that have some time in the system and a myriad of other things pretty much rule him out the OROY chances.
    Regardless of how the media here in Denver and the coaches have pumped up Darius Watts. . . Brandon Marshall is a guy who can still challenge for the #3 spot. Lelie did his rookie year, Watts did his rookie year, albeit they're first and second rounders respectively, Brandon Marshall was a first-day talent and has the tools and ability to become the slot receiver for us this coming year.

Rod and Javon are the clear #1 and #2, and since Lelie has made it clear he wants to be traded or he'll sit. . . that leaves the rest of the spots behind them open. Watts has had three years now to learn the playbook, get playing time and digest the system, that does bode well for him heading into training camp.

However, Marshall has great ability and has already impressed coaches and fellow players, (most notable Bailey and Williams. . . members of the secondary, seems logical) and I do believe he has the talent to earn the #3 role on the team sometime this year. It could be as soon as camp, or sometime through the season.

He is very raw though, but he's a guy with a big frame, excellent hands and can create serious mismatches if he were in the slot. I mean, name one nickel corner who has the physical attributes to match up to a 6'4 - 225 pound receiver? I can't think of many without doing some serious research. He's willing over the middle and can take a beating. . . not to mention, he's balls to the wall and super serial (Lol!) after the catch. He is already a sound blocker, but of course he can always improve. His biggest knocks were "quickness and speed" and his route-running.

However, when you come into the combine at 6'4 and a half inches and weigh 229 pounds that's like being a tight end. Putting up a 4.49 forty. . . (had read he improved to a 4.45 at his Pro Day) and has a pretty solid burst of the line. (Comparable to Scheffler, who put up better numbers than most receivers. . .) If he doesn't earn the #3 role this year, I certainly believe he'll come into effect in the redzone. With a guy with that size and ability, we'd be stupid not to try him out in those situations.
    Last edited by Dream; 07-19-2006 at 11:27 AM.

Thats awesome I just hope he will be smiling alot.

I think Marshall has a big future. I am anxious to see how the roster plays out:

Lelie - will he show
    Walker - will he stay healthy
    Watts - will he reach his potential
    Terrell - will his talent finally show up

Will we have 2 TE's step up? Scheffler? Jackson?

In the back of my mind I can see Marshall being moved to TE, mostly due to need.

Who knows he might be an all pro WR or TE someday!

I think it's already been stated by the coaching staff that they intend to keep Marshall as a wide receiver.

Those smiles will sure give us points!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Regardless of how the media here in Denver and the coaches have pumped up Darius Watts. . . Brandon Marshall is a guy who can still challenge for the #3 spot. Lelie did his rookie year, Watts did his rookie year, albeit they're first and second rounders respectively, Brandon Marshall was a first-day talent and has the tools and ability to become the slot receiver for us this coming year.

Rod and Javon are the clear #1 and #2, and since Lelie has made it clear he wants to be traded or he'll sit. . . that leaves the rest of the spots behind them open. Watts has had three years now to learn the playbook, get playing time and digest the system, that does bode well for him heading into training camp.

However, Marshall has great ability and has already impressed coaches and fellow players, (most notable Bailey and Williams. . . members of the secondary, seems logical) and I do believe he has the talent to earn the #3 role on the team sometime this year. It could be as soon as camp, or sometime through the season.

He is very raw though, but he's a guy with a big frame, excellent hands and can create serious mismatches if he were in the slot. I mean, name one nickel corner who has the physical attributes to match up to a 6'4 - 225 pound receiver? I can't think of many without doing some serious research. He's willing over the middle and can take a beating. . . not to mention, he's balls to the wall and super serial (Lol!) after the catch. He is already a sound blocker, but of course he can always improve. His biggest knocks were "quickness and speed" and his route-running.

However, when you come into the combine at 6'4 and a half inches and weigh 229 pounds that's like being a tight end. Putting up a 4.49 forty. . . (had read he improved to a 4.45 at his Pro Day) and has a pretty solid burst of the line. (Comparable to Scheffler, who put up better numbers than most receivers. . .) If he doesn't earn the #3 role this year, I certainly believe he'll come into effect in the redzone. With a guy with that size and ability, we'd be stupid not to try him out in those situations.
    While I like what you have said the facts or at least suppositions are that playing out of the gate as a rookie WR in Mikey's system will be tough at best considering the talent ahead of him.

Did Watts and ashley do it? Sure but who was infront of them at the time?

I work for the on-campus UCF SunTrust bank and Brandon Marshall came in to deposit his NFL paychecks last month.

I asked him, "what's up with Ashley Lelie?" and he responded "I don't know what's going on with Ashley." I think his response was a combination of him not wanting to talk to the press/public about sensitive matters and probably also that he really didn't know too much.

In any case, I got him to autograph a SunTrust tshirt for me. I've been following him the past 4 years at UCF and I was so excited on draft day to hear that he'd be a Bronco.

He's going to be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by CB Bronco Fan
    Last Night on NFL Rookie Premire, Brandon Marshall was on it and he won the Preliminary Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year award. The fans had to vote on who should win it after hearing on why they should vote for them. Brandon Marshall told people that they should vote for him because it is all about the smile. And he WON. He gets a customized Pepsi Machine full of pepsi products. GO BRANDON.
    aww man i missed it damn. are theygonna show it again this week???
    [IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/lynch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/rodsmithsig66yy.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    I think it's already been stated by the coaching staff that they intend to keep Marshall as a wide receiver.

where?? when?

Everytime I see Shanny talk about him they say they see him in a H back role. Is that not a TE type position?