Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sportcenter -- My Wish segments---

Has anyone else seen these segments Sportscenter has been running??

Its kind of like the Make a wish foundation. CHildren with serious health issues have wishes fulfilled by their favorite athletes. Its been anything from Nascar drivers to TOdd Helton for the ROckies.

Not a single one of these will leave you with a dry eye.

I haven't seen them yet. Will have to check em out.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

I watch it. It always makes me smile. I enjoyed the Tedy Bruschi one the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove
    I haven't seen them yet. Will have to check em out.

Oh...you just missed one with a little boy who's favorite player is Derek Jeter.

I never caught his illness, but it was so good it would make you want to be a Yankee fan..

Check out the next Sportcenter....it should be on around 30 minutes in...it will tear your heart out.

TOmorrows is with Tracy McGrady and a little boy with an in-curable illness.

Grab the kleenex

I just saw the Derek Jeter one...They are all great though, from Bruschi to Kobe to the Philadelphia Eagles one. I did miss the Todd Helton one though.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle

Its kind of like the Make a wish foundation. CHildren with serious health issues have wishes fulfilled by their favorite athletes. Its been anything from Nascar drivers to TOdd Helton for the ROckies.

It is the make a wish foundation doing it with sportscenter.

I have watched most of them and they all seem to be pretty good. The athletes really treat the kids good and I'm sure are helping them a lot in their fights for life.

I like the MAW foundation but I've never really liked these human interest stories, I watch Sportscenter to find out what's going on in Sports today, not to see some poor kid who has no chance of living beyond the age of 15!

Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    I like the MAW foundation but I've never really liked these human interest stories, I watch Sportscenter to find out what's going on in Sports today, not to see some poor kid who has no chance of living beyond the age of 15!
    One was a cured cancer patient and another I know had a life threatening disease but there is a good chance he lives to be 50 so they aren't all going to die.

Plus the fact, who really cares whats going on in baseball and nascar?

I liked the one with Roger Clemens.

HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPNís John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jacksonís performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

All those stories were inspirational, touching, and just great.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

The one that hit me the hardest was the Seattle Mariners one.....but all of them have been great so far

and Al, if you dont care, why post?

I love those segments

Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    Some heart you got.

And I liked the Rockies one the best.

Oh...you just missed one with a little boy who's favorite player is Derek Jeter.

I never caught his illness, but it was so good it would make you want to be a Yankee fan..

Check out the next Sportcenter....it should be on around 30 minutes in...it will tear your heart out.

TOmorrows is with Tracy McGrady and a little boy with an in-curable illness.

Grab the kleenex
    The boy had a disease where it's impossible for his intestines to absorb nutrients.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    One was a cured cancer patient and another I know had a life threatening disease but there is a good chance he lives to be 50 so they aren't all going to die.

Plus the fact, who really cares whats going on in baseball and nascar?

Baseball, Nascar, Golf, World cup...the list goes on...I like these stories and could care less about the sports right now. ...it will be different though in a few days when camp starts.