Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Loud?

Wait til Ty Law hits the field, that's gonna be LOUD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    The problem isn't the design of Invesco. It has more to do with the corporate culture the new stadium has brought. There are so many corporate holders of tickets on the club level, that you hardly ever have "regulars" attend each game.
    That's a problem when the club level now represents about 25% of the crowd.

Last year, we started to see some of the old "Mile High" feel.

I don't know if everyone here knows this, but Bowlen spent an extra 4 million dollars to install a steel overlay in the new stadium that helps create the old stadium's feel. We still stomp our feet to make noise.

By the way, I go to KC every year for that game. It is a crazy place as far as the noise goes.

However, I'll take being a winning team with a quieter stadium, over being a loud stadium with a LOSER team.

But hey, that's just me.
    Very possible.

It's weird...it's all Microsoft up here, but when you look at the field level seats you don't see many suits. Lots of 'em look like they walked out of the nearest swamp and threw on a 'Hawks jersey...grizzled beards, handlebar moustaches...LOOK OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers
    I have noticed that they are not too loud when you are beating the Chiefs 31-7.
    At Arrowhead...............

you must be talking about another team....cause it sure isn't Denver....

Quote Originally Posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    At one time us Bronco fans were considered the loudest and able to cause opposing offenses to create mistakes. Something has changed. Is it because our fans arent as hungry as Kc's? Do you think that the stadium has something to do with it, either the actual desighn or just the fan base changed once the prices jumped?
    I really dont know what happened, but I do know we "were" the loudest.
    What happened?

i still say our fan base is better then KC's.. and there is no way the chiefs stadium is louder then denvers..
    [IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/lynch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/rodsmithsig66yy.jpg[/IMG]

Actually

This is a statistical inaccuracy my friend. Arrowhead stadium measures at 116 decibels, which is slight louder than a F14 Tomcat at full afterburner. There is no other stadium that is louder. That in fact, is why the teams had to develop hand signals, because in Arrowhead, the QB can't hear the Coordinator talk in his headset.

This is gonna be between KC and Denver and you all know that. You also can't set there and truthfully tell me that it doesn't worry you that this happened. Also as for the best RB?? Larry Johnson only played half of the season and amasses 1750 yards. To put that in perspective, if he does that again, he will run approximately 2600 yards and 36 TDs, eclipsing both Eric ****erson's record and Shawn Alexanders' record (which by the way I don't recognize, because he has 3 of his TDs literally given to him, one where a player who was on his was to a TD, stopped on the 1 foot line so Alexander could run it in. Priest never had anyone give him a TD, so Alexander is still a poser as far as I am concerned..

GO CHIEFS!!

Sadly, the last post by Red Warrior was accurate about the crowd noise. It is a fact that Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL. How it compared to old Mile High, I'm not sure, but I know that the Old Mile High was considered one of the loudest of all time. And I have to agree with Denvernative, it has more to do with the fans than anything else.

I grew up in the South Stands, and I saw the same people at every game, and they took pride in being the loudest group of fans in the stadium. (Or at least they liked to think they were.) I still have season tickets, but I couldn't afford the same seats anymore, so we have been moved up to the top of the stadium, and it's a different set of fans every week. There is no bond, half the time the John Lynch named "Wine and Cheese" crowd complains if you get too rowdy, or scream too much, or stand up too often. They cry and moan that they paid good money to see the game and they can't if we are standing up all the time.

It's sad really, a lot of the people I have run into at the game are only there because they've never been to an NFL game and their company gave them tickets. The true fans that can't afford the tickets are forced to watch the game elsewhere.

If Bowlen wants the Mile High Thunder back, he needs to make it easier for the fans that produced that Thunder to return to the games.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove
    I think it's the way Invesco was built. We still have the loud crowd that used to fill Mile High, just now the new stadium is all cushy and it quiets the crowd noise down.
    Acoustic has a lot to do with it, Kansas is the loudest crowd (outdoor) stadium the indoor stadiums are louder.

Because the noise propagates in waves, when the waves bounce in the roof, it seems to be louder and it is louder, because of the reververancy or echo if you will. In outdoor stadiums the noise "scapes for the "lack of ceiling"".

the arrowhead stadium has a bowl shape, that's a lot of help to avoid the propagation of noise.
    Last edited by Tour; 07-23-2006 at 09:46 PM.

well maybe the cheifs stadium is made more of metal or something and it echoes more, maybe thats why it is so much louder.........ok i am sure thats not the case.

dam i hate those cheifs.

alright everyone when i find out what game i am going to this year we all gotta go and be freaking crazy.

yes its got to be the game i go to cuz like some1 else said i only have money to go once

the arrowhead stadium has a bowl shape, that's a lot of help to avoid the propagation of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice
    The reason KC has the loudest stadium in the NFL is....... Because 70,000 plus, so called football fans, spend 2-3 hours before ever home game getting liquored up (because tailgating is more important to them) and then yell incoherent none sense.

I live in KC and have attended games at all 3 stadiums. I hate to admit it, but arrowhead does get a lot louder than invesco. at some points I can't think straight when the crowd gets fired up at arrowhead, but that may be because we spend hours tailgaiting before the games

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    The problem isn't the design of Invesco. It has more to do with the corporate culture the new stadium has brought. There are so many corporate holders of tickets on the club level, that you hardly ever have "regulars" attend each game.
    That's a problem when the club level now represents about 25% of the crowd.

Last year, we started to see some of the old "Mile High" feel.

I don't know if everyone here knows this, but Bowlen spent an extra 4 million dollars to install a steel overlay in the new stadium that helps create the old stadium's feel. We still stomp our feet to make noise.

By the way, I go to KC every year for that game. It is a crazy place as far as the noise goes.

However, I'll take being a winning team with a quieter stadium, over being a loud stadium with a LOSER team.

But hey, that's just me.
    I'll definitely take a season ticket holder's word for it on the crowd.

Thing is isen't the new Mile High covering like double the amount of space yet the crowd capacity remains the same?

And to address the topic, yes I'm bummed Denver doesen't have the noise it used to. Perhaps an additional 10,000 seats are in order?
    You've got to know when to sack em...

we must have been pretty loud considering we 9-1 at home last year.
    damn you pittsburgh!!!!!

what was the chiefs record at their house last year¿
    Sooner born. Sooner bred. And when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Uh, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I feel out of place.

The reason KC has the loudest stadium in the NFL is....... Because 70,000 plus, so called football fans, spend 2-3 hours before ever home game getting liquored up (because tailgating is more important to them) and then yell incoherent none sense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Sound awfully similar to Lambeau field. Except lately it has been starting to smell pretty awful. Everyone in Green and pee-Yellow is now throwing up after witnessing some of those passes Favre throws!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos72690
    we must have been pretty loud considering we 9-1 at home last year.
    damn you pittsburgh!!!!!

what was the chiefs record at their house last year¿
    They were 7-1.

They lost to the Eagles at home early in the season, before T.O. murdered the team.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Ahahahahaha!

I almost posted something similar...eerily similar. I just couldn't get the words put together right...

My version had KC fans fresh off a hoedown though.