42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Bell

16 38.10%
  • Cedric Cobbs

26 61.90%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bell or Cobbs

Bell or Cobbs

Who would you rather have on the team? Mike Bell or Cobbs.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by CB Bronco Fan
    Who would you rather have on the team? Mike Bell or Cobbs.
    I do not know too much about either. If I had to choose I would say Mike Bell.

Both look like they could be worth something, but id say mike bell, hes got alot of heart and determination, hes going to give it his all, especially since hes laying for his favorite team....

Mike Bell is a true Bronco and would be dedicated and he has youth.

cedric cobbs by far. has the size (6-1 225) and speed (4.4) to be very productive in the broncos offence. i think he might surprize both tatum and ron and become the starter.

Tough one.

Cedric Cobbs's touches in the NFL so far don't exactly fill me with enough confidence to say he could surpass Bell or Dayne that is certain (22 rushes for 50 yards with the Pats). To be fair, I missed his college career, maybe there is something there that I missed. His 4.4 speed is impressive and he has good size - Shanahan can get a 1000 yards from most backs behind our o-line, who is to say Cobbs can't do the same if required?

Mike Bell - I love the story. Life long Bronco fan playing for his team in the NFL. That alone would have me voting for Bell - he is living a dream here We have had success with unheralded guys before ... a certain 5th rounder springs to mind

I can't say one way or the other - keep 'em both!

I would like to see Cobbs. I have heard a lot of good things about Bell, haven't seen anything yet so can't make a good evaluation of him. Cobbs knows what the NFL is about and I do like what he brings size/speed.
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

ESPN fantasy mag says a few good things about Cobbs. i havent heard much about mike bell though.

Quote Originally Posted by 30TDavis
    Tough one.

Cedric Cobbs's touches in the NFL so far don't exactly fill me with enough confidence to say he could surpass Bell or Dayne that is certain (22 rushes for 50 yards with the Pats). To be fair, I missed his college career, maybe there is something there that I missed. His 4.4 speed is impressive and he has good size - Shanahan can get a 1000 yards from most backs behind our o-line, who is to say Cobbs can't do the same if required?

Mike Bell - I love the story. Life long Bronco fan playing for his team in the NFL. That alone would have me voting for Bell - he is living a dream here We have had success with unheralded guys before ... a certain 5th rounder springs to mind

I can't say one way or the other - keep 'em both!
    Cobbs was one of the most recruited and highest ranked backs coming out of highschool. He showed signs of brilliance at Arkansas, but struggled with shoulder and hamstring injuries. His Patriots carreer started with him on PUP, and then only was in 3 or 4 games.

I posted some info and stats (including college) about Cobbs in this thread:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...70&postcount=1

He has the measurables and college pedigree to do well, but we have seen plenty of backs with those, that havne't done well, so who knows. He really never got a chance to start in the NFL. He only had three carries in the Pats pre-season last year, and was released and the Broncos picked him up within a couple days and put him on th practice squad. The year before (rookie year), he only saw significant action in one game, where he had 16 carries, but only averaged like 1.8 ypc in that game. So, based on that one game, he wasn't impressive.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

From what I've heard about Mike Bell, he has everything skill wise to succeed in the BRONCOS system. Vision, quickness, burst through the hole...everything he can do seems perfect for our offense. He isn't even an average receiver, but then again we don't ever seem to throw the swing pass anyway. He isn't a good blocker either, but what RB is on our team?

Cedric Cobbs has great size/speed combination that most teams would kill for, but like someone said, he didn't exactly set the world on fire during his stint in NE. But to be fair, the Pat's o-line isn't exactly a "running o-line", and even Cory Dillon sucked for them last year so really who knows what Cobbs is capable of? IMO, Cobbs is the better PROSPECT, but camp will tell the tale the best. Whoever it is, I'll be glad to have them.

I hope both can make the team and contribute.
    Good to have depth.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    I hope both can make the team and contribute.
    Good to have depth.
    My bet is that Cobbs makes the final roster, and Bell ends up on the PS is he clears waivers. With Cobbs' talent, and our system.....he should be able to really show what he's got now.

Neither, because Thomas Jones gon' be a Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Will that guy's arms fit in Denver? He is a MONSTER. He should be on the cover of Flex or M&F for god's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    One problem.

ESPN reported that he pulled a hammy while getting a physical.

I know it sounds really weird, but that's what they said.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley