Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Larry Johnson vs. The Broncos D

This guy had a heck of a year but wasn't it just two years ago the media and

even his own coach was callin him soft. I like the guy and think he is a very

talented back and he did pick up like 1700 yards last year but i see people sayin

he's the best back in the NFL. Well we split carries between two guys and we

almost had 2000 yards. I give him his due this year if he runs over us and puts

up big numbers now being the man but i feel he might find the going a little more

tuff this year, esp. w/ Champ healthy and another year exp. for the rookie corners

and KC's lack of WR's, I'd say Mr. Lynch will be playin in the box with three LBer's

that fly to the ball and an D'line that will make the runnin room scarce. Can't wait

for those two games. Let's see what Mr. Johnson's really got!
    Last edited by Almost Heaven; 07-28-2006 at 07:52 AM.

Larry Johnson will gain 2000 yards this season.

He gained the 1700 last year while only starting in eight or nine games last year.

The only thing that will be slowing him down will be the loss of his fullback. Despite of this I still think he will break 2000.

He did it in his senior year in college (a 12 game season), and only like two other players have done that.

Not awarding him the heisman was an absolute CRIME!

IMO, He'll be the only back to gain 100 against us again!
    [IMG]http://www.nfldraftdog.com/images/Wesley%20Woodyard.jpg[/IMG]

Larry Johnson will not have even a 1300 yard season this year. Al Saunders is gone, Richardson is gone, their offensive line is getting old, Welbourn retired, their recievers suck, and Herm Edwards can't run an offense. That is in short, why Larry Johnson will not be the MVP this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour
    Larry Johnson will not have even a 1300 yard season this year. Al Saunders is gone, Richardson is gone, their offensive line is getting old, Welbourn retired, their recievers suck, and Herm Edwards can't run an offense. That is in short, why Larry Johnson will not be the MVP this year.
    Curtis Martin had one of the best years of his career under Herm Edwards at a time when he was near retirement age.

Larry Johnson is an ideal work horse and that team will ride hime all the way to the playoffs!
    [IMG]http://www.nfldraftdog.com/images/Wesley%20Woodyard.jpg[/IMG]

Under Herm Edwards? You mean under Mike Heimerdinger and Kevin Mawae?

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Heaven
    This guy had a heck of a year but wasn't it just two years ago the media and

even his own coach was callin him soft. I like the guy and think he is a very

talented back and he did pick up like 1700 yards last year but i see people sayin

he's the best back in the NFL. Well we split carries between two guys and we

almost had 2000 yards. I give him his due this year if he runs over us and puts

up big numbers now being the man but i feel he might find the going a little more

tuff this year, esp. w/ Champ healthy and another year exp. for the rookie corners

and KC's lack of WR's, I'd say Mr. Lynch will be playin in the box with three LBer's

that fly to the ball and an D'line that will make the runnin room scarce. Can't wait

for those two games. Let's see what Mr. Johnson's really got!
    Champ Bailey isn't even healthy, considering he is stil wearing the shoulder harness.

The Chiefs also split carries for about half the season and combined for over 2,000 yards between Priest and Larry combined.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour
    If our receivers suck, then what does that say about your pass defense that has allowed Eddie Kennison (who sucks according to you) to put up 4 straight 100+ yard games against Denver.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    If our receivers suck, then what does that say about your pass defense that has allowed Eddie Kennison (who sucks according to you) to put up 4 straight 100+ yard games against Denver.
    Shanahan is purposely building up his confidence...only so he can take great pleasure in crushing him this season.

Duhhhhhh...

Not quite sure why this was moved. I was more intrested in knowing how he'd do against our D but oh well, sorry.
    And Champ will be healthy and just cause he's wearing a shoulder harness doesn't mean he's not 100%. It's the hamstring that slowed him down, he played through the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    I've never stated which team I am a fan of. Why is it you Chief fans always seek to turn things into a Bronco bash? I'm just giving my honest opinion. No Al Saunders and no Vermeil means that their recievers aren't going to cut it this year. I guess I need to remind you... Eddie Kennison has only suceeded under one Head Coach, and that is **** Vermeil.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Heaven
    Not quite sure why this was moved. I was more intrested in knowing how he'd do against our D but oh well, sorry.
    And Champ will be healthy and just cause he's wearing a shoulder harness doesn't mean he's not 100%. It's the hamstring that slowed him down, he played through the shoulder.
    Sorry. I thought you just wanted to talk about him in general.

I'll move it back.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

No offense to the KC fans but yall can't hardly be satisfied w/ your WR's. Yeah Kennison has had a couple of good games against us but there is a little fuel on that fire seeing as how he left but i wouldn't trade him for any WR on our team. I love conf. games esp. the KC games but you have to face the facts, yall gonna have to give Trent and Larry something to work w/. Every decent player on that team is well into his prime other than LJ. The lineman are great but gettin older, trents no spring chicken anymore and even on the D side, yall got a good CB in Law but he's even gettin up there. All in all i wish yall good luck and may the best team win.

But here's the problem with him getting 2000 yards. Of course doing the math he should get 2000 yards but then factor in fatigue, everygame taking the load, schedule, and so many other variables. You guys are forgetting that.

I don't think Larry Johnston is the best back in the NFL - whilst his numbers were astonishing (to say the least) he has started only 12 games from a possible 32 since coming in to the NFL. I personally don't feel at all comfortable in putting this guy ahead of a Tomlinson, Barber, Alexander, James or Portis.

If LJ can put together some back to back seasons as starter with big numbers, sure, let's start talking about the best back in the NFL if his stats back it up. As it stands, he is a running back who has proven that he is up to being the feature guy for the Cheifs. Can he carry the load for a full season and then back it up for the next three to five seasons? Time will tell.

There are a lot of people out there quick to jump on bandwagon's for the 'next big thing' in professional sports - it happens all too often in the NFL. I say sit back and take a 'wait and see' approach before we label the guy anything like the best back in the league.

LJ is a stud at running the ball. LJ has to improved on his pass blocking and catching skills. He is a horrible blocker. Priest was more well rounded when healthy. LJ will get barring injury 1500 and about 15 TDs. I think 2000 is a bit much though. He was great against us last year and I do fear him. He made KC a viable team down the stretch last season. I still think Tomlinson and Alexander are the top two with LJ being third. This is is very tricky, LJ and Alexander have proven QBs but LT does not. Just some thoughts.
    Tiki is good as well but not up there with these guys. IMHO