Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

30TDavis - The Aussie Bronco

What you need to know:

Resides: Brisbane, QLD Australia

I am entering my 15th year of following the Denver Broncos. I started following Denver in 1991 as a then 11 year old taken aback by the game that involved throwing forward passes to score points. This was most unusual back then given in the game of rugby league (my first love) such a play would result in turning the ball over to the opposition - I was hooked.

The year of 2001 I spent one year and one NFL season in Denver. It was without doubt the greatest twelve months of my life. I lived and breathed football with fellow Denver Bronco fans ... I vowed to come back and make it a more permanent stay, when the time is right, I plan on doing that one day very soon.

- image is not loading, anyone know why? Image tags are there.

My favourite all-time Bronco is obviously Terrell Davis. He was a great, great back that was on his way to Canton. Injuries can be cruel, injury robbed us of watching a Hall of Fame career from finishing on his terms. It was tough to see him wind his career down as only half the player he was. As frustrating as it must have been, he did it with style and proved time and time again what a class act he was on and off the field. This fan misses ol' number 30 it has to be said.

We have seen some really talented players step up and fill the void over the years only to see one 1000 yard back replaced for another. I long for the day when we can settle in and enjoy the ride with a 5-10 year career back. I thought that back was going to be Mike Anderson, I thought that back was going to be Clinton Portis ...

Anyway, I look forward to the upcoming season, I look forward to sharing with the online Broncos community.

Here is some more facts about me:

Favourite movie: Shawshank Redemption & Remember the Titans
    Favourite band/musician: Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
    Favourite book: Too many to list
    Favourite console: Playstation - waiting on the PS3
    Favourite console game: The Madden series
    Favourite NFL player today: Mike Anderson - why did he leave?
    Favourite NFL player(s) of all-time: Terrell Davis, John Elway, Steve Young, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice.
    Favourite English Premiere League team: Middlesborough
    Favourite English Premiere League player: Mark Schwarzer
    Favourite NBA team: Denver Nuggets
    Favourite NBA player: Carmello Anthony and love watching LeBron, Kobe and Wade.
    Favourite NBA player(s) of all time: Michael Jordan

That will for now.

Whilst I am a "newbie" I would love to be invited to take part in a NFL Fantasy league run by members here at the forum. I have been a Yahoo! player for many, many years and have done quite for myself in recent years. Look forward to the challenge if anyone is offering an invite.

Cheers,

Welcome bud!

Hope you stick around.

We have a couple of other Aussies on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by 30TDavis

Whilst I am a "newbie" I would love to be invited to take part in a NFL Fantasy league run by members here at the forum. I have been a Yahoo! player for many, many years and have done quite for myself in recent years. Look forward to the challenge if anyone is offering an invite.

Cheers,

Images are disabled in this forum.
    They only work in Entertainment and Graphics Gallery.

There's plenty of fantasy leagues going up all the time on these boards.

I'm already in 5 leagues and will probably start another in Yahoo! about half way through the preseason.

You can join that one if you wish!

I will be around mate, time has not really allowed me to be an online contributor before though my schedule is more relaxed nowadays and I look forward to contributing here each day C

Count me in for any new Fantasy League you're thinking about starting

I will be around mate, time has not really allowed me to be an online contributor before though my schedule is more relaxed nowadays and I look forward to contributing here each day C

Count me in for any new Fantasy League you're thinking about starting

OK, I'll send you a PM when I get it started.

Hello and welcome.

welcome champ...

im an aussie also...

and so is BroncoFanCam.. better known as BFC...

bla, bla... post away...

have fun...

dont argue with me and you seem like a cool guy...

where in brisy you live in??

near lockyer?!?!?

and the broncs??

cos he is my idol!!!

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    welcome champ...

im an aussie also...

and so is BroncoFanCam.. better known as BFC...

bla, bla... post away...

have fun...

dont argue with me and you seem like a cool guy...

where in brisy you live in??

near lockyer?!?!?

and the broncs??

cos he is my idol!!!

I live near enough the CBD of Brisbane and no, I am not sure where Darren Lockyer lives. I am a season ticket holder though for Brisbane and have a few prized memerobilia pieces with Lockyer's signature on them too

What you need to know:

Resides: Brisbane, QLD Australia

I am entering my 15th year of following the Denver Broncos. I started following Denver in 1991 as a then 11 year old taken aback by the game that involved throwing forward passes to score points. This was most unusual back then given in the game of rugby league (my first love) such a play would result in turning the ball over to the opposition - I was hooked.

The year of 2001 I spent one year and one NFL season in Denver. It was without doubt the greatest twelve months of my life. I lived and breathed football with fellow Denver Bronco fans ... I vowed to come back and make it a more permanent stay, when the time is right, I plan on doing that one day very soon.

My favourite all-time Bronco is obviously Terrell Davis. He was a great, great back that was on his way to Canton. Injuries can be cruel, injury robbed us of watching a Hall of Fame career from finishing on his terms. It was tough to see him wind his career down as only half the player he was. As frustrating as it must have been, he did it with style and proved time and time again what a class act he was on and off the field. This fan misses ol' number 30 it has to be said.

We have seen some really talented players step up and fill the void over the years only to see one 1000 yard back replaced for another. I long for the day when we can settle in and enjoy the ride with a 5-10 year career back. I thought that back was going to be Mike Anderson, I thought that back was going to be Clinton Portis ...

Anyway, I look forward to the upcoming season, I look forward to sharing with the online Broncos community.

Here is some more facts about me:

Favourite movie: Shawshank Redemption & Remember the Titans
    Favourite band/musician: Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
    Favourite book: Too many to list
    Favourite console: Playstation - waiting on the PS3
    Favourite console game: The Madden series
    Favourite NFL player today: Mike Anderson - why did he leave?
    Favourite NFL player(s) of all-time: Terrell Davis, John Elway, Steve Young, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice.
    Favourite English Premiere League team: Middlesborough
    Favourite English Premiere League player: Mark Schwarzer
    Favourite NBA team: Denver Nuggets
    Favourite NBA player: Carmello Anthony and love watching LeBron, Kobe and Wade.
    Favourite NBA player(s) of all time: Michael Jordan

That will for now.

Cheers,
    Great first post. CP forthcoming when I have some to dish out.

You have fine taste in American football teams but your Premier league team leaves a lot to be desired! Middlesborough! Why not a proper team like Liverpool?

Lol just joking. Good to have some more Aussies on the board. If you want to talk soccer while you're here as well check out this thread in the Other Sports forum.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    Great first post. CP forthcoming when I have some to dish out.

Agreed. All first posts should be like that.

Very informative and personable.

CP's have been awarded!

I live near enough the CBD of Brisbane and no, I am not sure where Darren Lockyer lives. I am a season ticket holder though for Brisbane and have a few prized memerobilia pieces with Lockyer's signature on them too
    wow...

so you a duel bronco fan also!?!?

sweet....

and yeah.. nice first post...

cp your way champ..

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Thanks for the welcome all ... as for Liverpool

I can stomach them for one reason - they housed Craig Johnston back in the 80's and now have Harry Kewell. Thankfully your not a Manchester United fan

Quote Originally Posted by anton1287
    wow...

so you a duel bronco fan also!?!?

sweet....

and yeah.. nice first post...

cp your way champ..

Born and bred in Brisbane. I have missed only a handful of home games since '88 when we made our debut. Being an 11 y.o. impressionable kid, the marriage to the Denver Broncos was quite an easy one and one I have not regretted

I can stomach them for one reason - they housed Craig Johnston back in the 80's and now have Harry Kewell. Thankfully your not a Manchester United fan
    Hmm - can't say that I like your choice of smiley for my beloved reds but your dislike of our hated rivals "Manure" redeems you.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

are you really trying to jack you first thread???

way to go!!!

it tends t be me, TDK, jewelsy, B-13 and cinny that jack everything...

but im glad to see we have aprotoge in our ranks...

and the gunners all the way baby!!!!

ps... cahill is now our hero... not kewel who underperformed...

again...

- T Jefferson