Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Willie Roaf Retires!!!!

Wow, way to stick it to the Chiefs Wlllie. Waiting until training camp to retire.

As of now its on

www.fanball.com

check the newsbreakers on the right side of the page.

We have to be the frontrunners by far for the division now. They have lost both their LT, and RT, their head coach, and their OC from last yr. This is huge for the Broncs.

I am adding DogFish's post because it comes from better known source, KFFL.

"here's something a little more definitive from KFFL:

Chiefs | Roaf retires
    Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:48:57 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OL Willie Roaf, one of the league's premier offensive linemen, has decided to retire from football after 13 seasons. While he was adamant about his desire to play early in the offseason, lingering injuries to his hamstring and knee led to Roaf's decision to retire."
    Last edited by ydave77; 07-28-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Larry Johnson is about to be in tears!
    I will be a Denver Bronco for life. Nothing else matters.

And the good lord Adonai said:

Amen.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

wow, tottaly unexpected.
    Blet

This is great news for the Broncos!

As far as offseason news goes...

...this is the best we've had this year.

And that is saying a lot!

Beer's on me Willie!

One of the best has just retired. I wish him well.

Denvers run defense against KC just got a bit better IMHO.

LJ and Trent Green can not be happy on this one.

Definitely good new for the Broncos.

hmmmm. . . .

i won't entirely believe it until it's reported by a source i'm more familiar with (a google search revealed no stories yet), but if it's true this is HUGE news! roaf is the heart and soul of that offense-- we saw what our average-at-best D-line did to them without him!

here's what PFT just posted:

POSTED 8:55 a.m. EDT, July 28, 2006

ROAF RETIRING?

The Kansas City Star reports that the Chiefs have excused left tackle Willie Roaf from the start of training camp for personal reasons, days after coach Herm Edwards said that Roaf would be present.

Though we've heard nothing specific regarding whether and when Roaf will be back, we're now willing to disclose that Roaf is the guy to whom we were referring several weeks back as the candidate for a surprise retirement. We were later told that he wasn't going to be retiring, so we never identified him by name.

But now we're not so sure. We haven't heard anything specific along these lines, other than the rumors from earlier in the summer that he was thinking about packing it in notwithstanding a declaration from May that he would play.

If Roaf calls it quits, the team would lose both of its starting tackles from 2005, raising the possibility that newcomer Kyle Turley would win a spot with the first team despite a lengthy absence from the game.

So to all of those Chiefs fans who wanted us to adjust our Preseason Power Rankings to account for the arrival of Ty Law, the move would at least be balanced out by Roaf's retirement.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by dogfish; 07-28-2006 at 08:58 AM.
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePeel
    wow, tottaly unexpected.
    It was a little expected going by PFT and him not being around after herm Edwards and personal business what not.

This is wonderfull news for the Broncos.

Also horrific news for Chiefs whom are about two-three years from a rebuilding stage if they dont play their cards right

Does Herm do the same thing to KC as the J E T S jets jets jets?

Good News???? I'm sorry this is not goodnews!! This is great news!!!!! Do you remember what LJ and Priest did without Roaf? Nothing! They had Broncos all over them, and if it wasn't for Lazy Walls they wouldn't have gotten a td.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    i won't entirely believe it until it's reported by a source i'm more familiar with (a google search revealed no stories yet), but if it's true this is HUGE news! roaf is the heart and soul of that offense-- we saw what our average-at-best D-line did to them without him!

here's what PFT just posted:

POSTED 8:55 a.m. EDT, July 28, 2006

ROAF RETIRING?

The Kansas City Star reports that the Chiefs have excused left tackle Willie Roaf from the start of training camp for personal reasons, days after coach Herm Edwards said that Roaf would be present.

Though we've heard nothing specific regarding whether and when Roaf will be back, we're now willing to disclose that Roaf is the guy to whom we were referring several weeks back as the candidate for a surprise retirement. We were later told that he wasn't going to be retiring, so we never identified him by name.

But now we're not so sure. We haven't heard anything specific along these lines, other than the rumors from earlier in the summer that he was thinking about packing it in notwithstanding a declaration from May that he would play.

If Roaf calls it quits, the team would lose both of its starting tackles from 2005, raising the possibility that newcomer Kyle Turley would win a spot with the first team despite a lengthy absence from the game.

So to all of those Chiefs fans who wanted us to adjust our Preseason Power Rankings to account for the arrival of Ty Law, the move would at least be balanced out by Roaf's retirement.

Stay tuned.
    Here's an updated source: It appears true.
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/15145272.htm

Talking

here's something a little more definitive from KFFL:

Chiefs | Roaf retires
    Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:48:57 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OL Willie Roaf, one of the league's premier offensive linemen, has decided to retire from football after 13 seasons. While he was adamant about his desire to play early in the offseason, lingering injuries to his hamstring and knee led to Roaf's decision to retire.

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

I love him. He has made the best decision of his career right there. I say the broncos sweep the entire divison now that roaf is gone.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif