Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Losing their LT, and their RT in one yr is devestating. Replacing him with a guy you brought into camp (Turley), who was initially planned to try ou for TE, seems ludicrous to me. The timing of this is absolutely horrible for the Chiefs. They are so screwed.

I predict that Larry Johnson will be putting the Huggies back on before preseason.

:wave:

What a blow to the chiefs. Makes it all that better for the raiders. Thanks willie!!!!!!!
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Chiefs' Roaf retires

best link I could find.
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/15145272.htm

Chiefs' Roaf retires
    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star
    Chiefs tackle Willie Roaf pulled off the offensive line for a block on a sweep during the 2005 preseason opener against the Minnesota Vikings at the Metrodome. He said Friday he was retiring from football.
    DAVID EULITT | THE KANSAS CITY STAR
    Chiefs tackle Willie Roaf pulled off the offensive line for a block on a sweep during the 2005 preseason opener against the Minnesota Vikings at the Metrodome. He said Friday he was retiring from football.

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | Tackle Willie Roaf, the foundation of one of the NFLs best offensive lines, has retired.

Roaf wasnt with the Chiefs when they reported for training camp on Thursday. Roaf told The Kansas City Star this morning by telephone that he had told president/general Carl Peterson and coach Herm Edwards of his plans weeks ago and even sent the Chiefs a letter declaring his intentions.

I guess they want me to reconsider, Roaf told The Star. Im solid on retiring and going back to school.

Roaf, 36, was emphatic in the spring that he would play this season. But today he said lingering hamstring and knee trouble led to his decision.

Roaf missed six games last season because of hamstring problems. He missed half of the 2001 season while playing for New Orleans after tearing knee ligaments.

Roaf joined the Chiefs in a trade from the Saints in 2002 and was a major factor in their offensive success. His retirement leaves a significant hole at left tackle.

Edwards said Thursday the Chiefs would use Jordan Black at left tackle and Kyle Turley at right tackle when practice begins this afternoon.

Roaf played 13 NFL seasons and made the Pro Bowl in all but two of them. Despite playing on only two teams to reach the playoffs, Roaf will likely be selected for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Im curious as to their drafts over the last few years...I wonder how much depth they have. They are a running team so I would think they have atleast a couple of quality players to step in. Im pretty sure the coaches thought he would never get hurt and last forever. The Chiefs will still be good, but not as good. This will definitely effect LJ in Fantasy I think. Its good that there is preseason before the Fantasy draft.

Didn't John Welbourn also retire?

HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by jferrucc
    Yup. He sure did.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jferrucc
    he did, he also retired because he knew he was gonna get a suspension for 4 games because he tested postive for some drug, ahhahahah nice coach

Cincinnati's first week is looking a lot easier now that Roaf's gone! Hoody hoo!
    HEAR ME ROAR!

wow, i love it

now should lj still be the 1st overall choice in fantasy?

Willie Roaf

Best of Luck to Willie....you are going to be missed.....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9575606

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    Best of Luck to Willie....you are going to be missed.....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9575606
    lol, that sucks for u guys, better fit someone there to do half as good as job he did...lol

We lost Bentley for the season too, so, im kinda mad too.

In all honesty, I'm sorry for the Chiefs. This is a major blow to their offensive line.

I'm not too sorry, though. Looks like Week 1 just got easier for us.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29
    wow, i love it

now should lj still be the 1st overall choice in fantasy?
    There are now question marks surrounding all three of the top guys in fantasy. I think LaDainian just regained the top spot, though.
    HEAR ME ROAR!