Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,226
    i think i would agree, lt has the best shot imo

    ha ha CHEIFS SUCK!




    it feels so good to say that

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    14,521
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    There are now question marks surrounding all three of the top guys in fantasy. I think LaDainian just regained the top spot, though.
    So glad I drafted LT!

    Roaf retiring, and with such bad timing....bad news for Chefs! My boss (big Chefs fan) says he thinks they will still go 12-4 this year...

    Great googly moogly!

    Adopted by: Peanut

    "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN
    So glad I drafted LT!

    Roaf retiring, and with such bad timing....bad news for Chefs! My boss (big Chefs fan) says he thinks they will still go 12-4 this year...

    Great googly moogly!
    I think your boss must be sniffing too much glue (lol J/k) to think that especially after Roaf retires. Best case scenario is KC at 10-6. If any injuries mabye 9-7 or 8-8.

    Now I believe SD will pose the biggest challange for Denver in the division.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    In all honesty, I'm sorry for the Chiefs. This is a major blow to their offensive line.

    I'm not too sorry, though. Looks like Week 1 just got easier for us.
    Yes for my Super Bowl representive out of the AFC the Cincinnati Bengals. 12-4

    Carson for MVP

    As for you KCL it sucks when future hall of fame players have to retire. We had this situation in 1999.

    You are a great fan of your team though.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,084
    Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    Mods dont move this to other teams. This directly impacts the broncos. We have to be the frontrunners by far for the division now. They have lost both their LT, and RT, their head coach, and their OC from last yr. This is huge for the Broncs.
    Don't forget they also lost their fullback who was one of the top lead blockers in the league. You combine all that and you've got to figure Johnson's "sure thing" 2000 yard season is in just a wee bit of doubt, eh?



    Well, here's to Roaf. It sucked that he was a Chief, but that's only because he was so good.

    I always hate to see great players retire, even if they're on a rival. But I won't exactly cry over it, either.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wyoming- GOD's country
    Posts
    2,588
    This is the best news that i have heard all week. Visions of what Trevor Pryce did against Kansas City last year when their two tackles were hurt keep coming into my mind's eye.

    I know that it makes us lesser persons to take pleasure from the distress of others, but damn! Right now I am one happy camper.

  7. #37
    Nick is offline
    <- Ready for the salute
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springville, UT
    Posts
    3,531
    It looks like our chance to pull a double win against KC is opened up a little more

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    well, im happy the broncos wont have to contend with Roaf but its always sad to see a player with his kind of talent retire from the game, the guy was dominate on that side.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    540
    In the past day two of our three games just got a lot easier. This and Bentley being out, really helps us. Although I am in no way glad that a player got hurt.

    Our D-line is clearly the place we needed the most improvement, so playing against a weakened KC and the Browns O-line is only going to make things that much better.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan in exile
    In the past day two of our three games just got a lot easier. This and Bentley being out, really helps us. Although I am in no way glad that a player got hurt.

    Our D-line is clearly the place we needed the most improvement, so playing against a weakened KC and the Browns O-line is only going to make things that much better.
    Bentley doesn't help Denver one bit. You still have to account for a heck of a lot more people.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock
    Posts
    261
    well this means the addition on law is a push at best. looks like were gonna get the W on thanksgiving for sure now
    2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, Ca.
    Posts
    1,329

    I think he might be back.....so

    Don't get too excited until around the 25th of August. This may just be a ploy for old Roaf to get out of training camp. I read some place that Roaf talked Shields into playing. So I think Roaf will be back or they both will retire. Just a guess on my part. One would think that Shields would be a little upset if the guy that talked him into playing retired. I know I would be a little bummed. So don't be surprised if Willie shows up after camp ready to play left tackle. I sure hope they both retire. Now that would be great news.
    Below are Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

    You Broncos can't handle

    Tuesday and Thursday!!!




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    5280 baby!
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    Bentley doesn't help Denver one bit. You still have to account for a heck of a lot more people.

    While the Browns are much improved this season, I don't think that in one offseason they are gonna be big time contenders. This will be the season that the chemistry forms. Maybe next season or the following, but I'm not too worried about it til then.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove
    While the Browns are much improved this season, I don't think that in one offseason they are gonna be big time contenders. This will be the season that the chemistry forms. Maybe next season or the following, but I'm not too worried about it til then.
    They're not? Last season the Browns lost 5 games by a touchdown or less. In 2004 They lost 6 by a touchdown or less. Then, the last time the Browns and Broncos played Couch was the Quarterback and it was with the horrible Butch Davis line. Yet the Browns still held the game to 23-20. With that horrible coach, with that horrible Offensive Line, with that horrible defense. Now, the defense is much better and the line is much better to - even without Bentley. The wide recievers are a lot better as well and to boot Winslow is healthy - a healthy Winslow is far better than Aaron Shea (who was TE at that time).

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CO. native transplanted to San Diego
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanluisboltfan
    Don't get too excited until around the 25th of August. This may just be a ploy for old Roaf to get out of training camp. I read some place that Roaf talked Shields into playing. So I think Roaf will be back or they both will retire. Just a guess on my part. One would think that Shields would be a little upset if the guy that talked him into playing retired. I know I would be a little bummed. So don't be surprised if Willie shows up after camp ready to play left tackle. I sure hope they both retire. Now that would be great news.
    I agree. Didn't Gary Zimmerman pull this little move for a few years before he retired.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •